Steve Martin is an actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician from the United States. He has received five Grammy Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and an Honorary Academy Award throughout his illustrious career. Steve Martin movies are a matter of craze for the audience.
Martin rose to prominence as an actor, appearing in films such as The Jerk, “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, The Man with Two Brains, Three Amigos, Little Shop of Horrors, Roxanne, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and L.A. Story” and his lists go on.
Join us in the journey of a fantastic actor and extraordinary comedian and unravel more about his movies, career, life, Age, Height, Net worth, and social media presence, along with some quick facts.
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Stephen Glenn Martin|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1945|
|Birth Place||Waco, Texas, U.S.|
|Age||77 years old|
|Father’s Name||Glenn Vernon Martin|
|Mother’s Name||Mary Lee|
|Height||183 cm (6′ 0″)|
|Weight||70 Kg (154 lbs.)|
|Education||The University of California (Dropout)|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 Inches
Waist: 34 Inches
Biceps: 16 Inches
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|Dress Size||Under Review|
|Wife||Victoria Tennant (m. 1986; div. 1994)
Anne Stringfield (m. 2007)
|Net Worth||$150 million|
|Social Media Presence|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Steve Martin Movies
- Martin’s ex-girlfriend Nina Gold Blatt helped him land a writing job with the show in 1967 by writing to head writer Mason Williams.
- Martin won an Emmy Award in 1969 when he was twenty-three years old.
- In 1976 Martin won an Emmy nomination for his work on Van Dyke and Company.
- Martin made numerous appearances as a stand-up comedian on The Tonight Show, starring Johnny Carson and The Gong Show, The Muppet Show, and NBC’s Saturday Night Live in the mid-1970s.
- His audience increased by a million when he appeared on SNL, and he was one of the show’s most successful hosts.
- Martin’s television appearances led to the release of his comedy album and his achieving heights through it, even receiving platinum.
- Martin’s album Let’s get small, A wild and crazy guy was one of the biggest hits selling millions of copies, even winning Grammys for both the albums in 1977 and 1988,
- Martin made an opening for Jerry Seinfeld with his comedy. Later that year, he returned to stand-up comedy, embarking on a national tour with Martin Short and the Steep Canyon Rangers.
- This tour resulted in a Netflix comedy special titled “Steve Martin and Martin Short: An Evening You Will Forget for the Rest of Your Life” in 2018.
- This comedy special was nominated four times for Emmy Awards, with two nominations for Martin.
- Martin appeared in a film titled “Another Nice Mess” in 1972.
- In 1977 he appeared in The Absent-Minded Waiter in, a short movie with that movie was nominated for an Academy Award.
- Martin went on to play in Carl Reiner’s 1979 comedy film The Jerk, which he co-wrote with Michael Elias and Carl Gottlieb. The Jerk was a massive success, grossing over $100 million on a $4 million budget.
- Martin was in three more comedy movies: Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid, The Man with Two Brains, and All of Me, and his character received critical acclaim; he was also seen in another one of his major films in the 1980s was ‘¡Three Amigos!’ in
- In 1991 he was seen in a more serious role in the movie Grand Canyon as he has been all up for comedy.
- Martin played in movies like Blue Heaven, Housesitter, and A Simple Twist of Fate. In 1997 Martin played a darker character in a thriller movie, The Spanish Prisoner.
- In 2003 Martin started Shankman’s comedy film “Bringing Down the House.” The film was a huge success, grossing $132.6 million in the United States and $32 million internationally.
- The same year, he starred in ‘Cheaper by the Dozen,’ a huge commercial success.
- In 2006, he performed the bumbling Inspector Clouseau in the detective comedy film ‘The Pink Panther. The movie The pink Panther was a massive hit at the box office. It created a sequel, ‘The Pink Panther 2, in 2009, in which he reprised his role.
- Steve Martin enjoyed writing and published a novel titled ‘Shopgirl’ in 2000, followed by another book, ‘The Pleasure of My Company,’
- His memoir, ‘Born Standing Up,’ was published in 2007 and named Time magazine’s Top Ten Nonfiction Books.
Martin was born in Waco, Texas, on August 14, 1945. He was born to Mary Lee and Glenn Vernon Martin. His father, Glenn, worked as a real estate salesman, and his mother, Mary, was an aspiring actor.
Martin grew up alongside his sister Melinda Martin in Inglewood, California, where he moved with his family when he was just five, and later in Garden Grove, California, in a Baptist family. Martin has mixed ancestry and decedent of English, Scottish, Welsh, Scots-Irish, German, and French ancestry.
Martin’s father was stern and emotionally closed to his son. He was appreciative but critical, and Martin later recalled that his feelings for his father were mostly negative in his adolescence.
Steve Martin Age Body Measurement
This brown eye, grey hair charismatic gentleman tries to keep himself fit. Being at the age of mid-seventies, he is fit and equally charming. The reason for his great looks is the result of a regular workout and also the healthy diet that he eats every time. Martin is more of the motivation for all the young generation.
His estimated chest measurement is 42 inches- waist size 34, an attractive biceps measurement of 16 and height of 6’0″ in Feet or 183 cm and weighs about 70kg or 154 lbs. There are a lot of cases when celebrity at old age tends to get overweight, but not Steve.
Steve is more about a well-dressed individual who likes to show how good men look.
Education and Early Life
As a young teen, he worked weekends and summer vacations selling guidebooks at Disneyland. He also performed magic tricks at the Main Street Magic shop, where he eventually mastered several tricks and illusions.
After high school, he enrolled at Santa Ana Junior College, where he studied theatrics and English poetry. Then he went to State College in Long Beach, California, to study philosophy.
In 1967, he transferred to The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and transformed his course into the theatre. He also started performing stand-up comedy routines in local nightclubs during this time.
During his college years, he appeared on an episode of The Dating Game, where he won a date with Deana Martin. Martin began working nights at local clubs, dropping out of college to focus on his career.
Awards and Accolades
If you want a laugh, Steve Martin is the right man to go towards. For his contribution to the movie industry and comic roles, he has quite a number of awards and nominations at the same time.
He has won the lifetime achievement award in comedy. In like manner, the actor won academy awards in honorary awards in 2013. Moreover, the actor has received multiple Grammy awards for the best comedy album series. Surely a talent to address for the fans.
Other than that, Martin has also won MTV Movie Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Writer’s Guild of America, American comedy awards, and many more at the same time. These awards are well deserved for all the contributions to the showbiz world.
Who did Steve marry? Personal Life, Relationship
On November 20, 1986, he married actress Victoria Tennant. In 1994, the marriage ended in divorce.
In 2007, he married Anne Stringfield, a writer, and former The New Yorker magazine, staffer. At the age of 67, Martin became a father for the first time when his wife Anne gave birth to a daughter in 2012.
Steve Martin’s Net Worth
Steve is a long-working actor, producer, comedian, author, and many more. He is full of talent and earns by showcasing his abilities. As of 2021, Steve’s net worth is estimated to be $150 million. He has been in the industry long enough to make this sum of money.
Steve paid $995,000 for a 4-bedroom home in Beverly Hills in 1997 and sold that home in 2019 for $2.22 million. In 2013, he listed his St. Barts villa for $11 million, and it sold for an undisclosed sum in 2015.
Besides this, the actor has also been part of many brand endorsements and advertisements, which has helped his net worth to shoot up.
Social Media Presence
Steve is not much socially active other than on Twitter. He is socially engaged and interacts with people, which is a plus point in showbiz. To share his opinion and promote movies, he is all up for that.
If you are interested in checking out his profile, here it is.
Twitter– 8.7 million followers
- Steve Martin’s favorite horror movie is Black Christmas, released in 1974.
- In 1986, Steve filed a pistol shooting scene for Three Amigos. After the shooting had been accomplished, the star suffered from tinnitus.
- This handsome actor was influenced by famous comedians such as Charlie Chaplin, Jack Benny, Laurel and Hardy, Woody Allen, and Jerry Lewis, to mention some.
- Throughout his career, he befriended stars such as Eugene Levy, David Letterman, Tom Hanks, and Diane Keaton, to mention some.
- Martin adores the works of Pablo Picasso, Edward Hopper, David Hockney, and Roy Lichtenstein.
- Steve Martin movies have stopped coming lately as he is busy spending quality time with his family.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did Steve Martin retire?
The main reason Steve retired from work was to spend more time with his beloved wife, Anne Stringfield. The duo even shares nine year old daughter.
- What is Steve Martin best known for?
This brilliant actor is well known for his work in The Jerk, Father of the Bride, Bow finger, Roxanne, Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, to mention a few.
- What are Steve Martin movies written by him?
According to sources, the Steve Martin movies he writes are The Pink Panther, The Jerk, Three Amigos, Roxanne, The Pink Panther 2, and Bowfinger, among others.
- When did Steve Martin’s hair turn white?
Steve’s hair turned white in his 30s and went prematurely gray by the time he hit 32.
- Why doesn’t Steve Martin make movies?
Looking at the brighter side, Steve wants to spend more time with his family, and to do so, he is staying behind from all the movie production and acting. That is the main reason why he is no longer doing any movies.