Jenni Rivera was a Mexican American singer, songwriter, entrepreneur producer, philanthropist, spokesperson, and actress. Jenni Rivera sudden death left the whole world in shock.
She passed away in an aviation incident on 9th December 2012. Rivera traveled with four of her staff and two pilots alongside. The unfortunate incident left no survivors.
Rivera performed at a concert in Monterrey Arena just the day before her death. She was traveling to Toluca, Mexico when this wretched incident happened. Jenni could not even reach the destination.
There is more to discover and unravel about her life, death, success, relationships and how she rules regional music, and many more.
Table of Contents
Jenni Rivera| Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra|
|Nick Name||Jenni Rivera, Chay|
|Date of Birth||2nd July 1969|
|Birth Place||Long Beach, California, United States|
|Age||43 years old|
|Father’s Name||Pedro Rivera|
|Mother’s Name||Rosa Saavedra|
|Siblings||1 sister, 4 brothers|
|Height||5 feet 1 inches or 1.55 m|
|Weight||54 kg or 119 lbs.|
|Education||Long Beach City College|
|Body Measurements||32-25-29 inches (82-66-76 cm)|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Husband||Esteban Loaiza (M. 2010- her death), José Trinidad Marín (M. 1984; Div. 1992), Juan Lopez (M. 1997; Div. 2003)|
|Children||Chiquis Rivera, Jacquie Marin, Jenica Lopez, Johnny Lopez, Michael Marin|
|Died||9th December 2012|
|Cause of death||Airplane Crash|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Last Updated||August 2022|
Jenni Rivera Family
Dolores Janney Rivera Saavedra was professionally known as Jenni Rivera. She was born on 2nd July 1969 in Long Beach, California, United States.
Her father Pedro Rivera is a singer and actor based in Mexico. Likewise, her mother Rose Saavedra worked in the entertainment industry too. She was known to be a media personality.
However, Pedro and Rose separated in 2008. The couple raised six children together. Jenni had four brothers and one sister. She grew up in a musical household. Her family made her familiar with several genres of Mexican music.
You May Like: Jonah Hill Net Worth, Mental Health, Weight Loss, Sister, Girlfriend >>
Those genres included nortena, banda as well as ranchera. Her brothers are Lupillo Rivera, Juan Rivera, Gustavo Rivera, and Pedro Rivera Jr. Similarly, her sister’s name is Rosie Rivera.
All of her brothers are successful and popular singers and songwriters. Whereas, her sister Rosie is a TV personality as well as a business person.
Jenni Rivera Age
The charming singer-songwriter left this world on 9th December 2012. She was born on 2nd July 1969. Rivera was just 43 years old when passed away.
She had a euphonious voice that can lure the audience to listen to her music. Her music used to be super energetic and personified. Rivera was 5 feet 1 inches or 1.55 meters. Similarly, her body weight used to be 54kg or 119lbs.
Moreover, her body measurement were 32-25-29 inches (82-66-76 cm). She grew up in a multi-racial home. Thus, She was fluent in English and Spanish. She had sparkling pair of dark brown eyes.
Rivera’s hair was naturally light brown. Talking about her zodiac sign, she was a Cancer.
Jenni Rivera Education
Jenni was a straight A student in her sophomore year. She was a well-educated woman.
Rivera joined Long Beach City College. Later, she graduated with a business administration degree from California State University, Long Beach. Even though she was pregnant while attending high school, she did not give up her studies.
Career and Success
- In 1992 Rivera was introduced officially to music when she recorded Father’s Day present to her father.
- She released her first album in 1995 named Chacalosa (slang for “party girl”).
- At the beginning of her career, many people told her that she is not going to last as the regional Mexican music was dominated by men.
- Similarly, She then released the albums We are Rivera and Farewell to Selena independently.
- In 1999 Rivera released her first commercial album with Fonovisa, titled Que Me Entierren Con la Banda, featuring the local hit “Las Malandrinas“.
- “Las Malandrinas” was a huge success and from that day or you can say from that music onwards Jenni Rivera “the artist” was born.
- Likewise, In 2001 she got her first Latin Grammy nomination for the records Dejate Amar and Se las Voy a Dar an Otro.
- She made her tribute album to female Mexican singers called “Homenaje a Las Grandes” in 2003.
- In 2004 she released “Simplemente… La Mejor” which exploded on the US music charts.
- With the record of Parrandera, Rebelde y Atrevida, released in 2005 it has been certified double-platinum in the Latin field by the Recording Industry Association of America and also listed in the top 10 Billboard Latin album Charts.
- Similarly, the second single released from the album, “De Contrabando” became her first and only number—one song to hit the Latin Regional Mexican Airplay in the United States.
- In 2007 she released d Mi Vida Loca, which debuted at number 1 on the Regional Mexican Albums chart and number 2 on the Top Latin Albums chart in the United States.
- She gathered Mexican album of the year at the 2008 Latin Billboard Music Awards.
- The album also garnered Rivera her first Lo Nuestro Award for Regional Mexican Female Artist of the Year.
- The same year she released La Diva en Vivo, a live album that consisted of songs recorded with a mariachi band, which garnered, her second Latin Grammy nomination for Best Ranchero Album.
- Similarly, She was the only female banda singer who had a sold-out concert at The Gibson Amphitheater in Universal City, California.
- Likewise, her tenth studio album, Jenni released in 2008, became her first No. 1 record on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart in the United States.
- In addition, this led her to win her second Lo Nuestro Award for Banda Artist of the Year, becoming the first female act to win the accolade, that currently stands to date.
- In 2009 her album “La Gran Señora” gained her Latin Grammy nomination and it peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Top Latin Albums chart in the United States.
More About Her Career (2008-2012)
- La Gran Señora ended up being the biggest-selling regional music album of 2010.
- She recorded the album and became the first artist to sell out two back-to-back nights at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles in 2010.
- Similarly, she became the first female Regional Mexican singer to perform and sold-out Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- She recorded Joyas Prestadas which consists of eleven cover versions, with the first album being recorded in Latin pop, while the second was recorded in Banda.
- She was a producer for the Mun2 reality TV show. Chiquis & Raq-Cand also appeared in I Love Jenni along with that she also coached the second season of the Mexican talent show The Voice México.
- Likewise, in 2012, People en Español named her one of the Top 25 most powerful women.
Jenni Rivera Death
Rivera died in an air accident on 9th December 2012. She was traveling with four of her staff and two crews. Rivera was in Monterrey, Mexico the other night before the accident.
She performed at the Monterrey Arena and also attended a press conference which was the last time her fans could see and talk to her. The next day, she was deceased in a plane crash.
The unfortunate event occurred just after 15 minutes of flying from Monterrey, Mexico. The disoriented plane was found near Iturbide, Nuevo León, and no one survived. It was a catastrophic life fate that she was only 43 years old when she died.
The Mexican and American authorities investigated to find the actual reason for the sudden air crash. Eventually, the exact cause is not known to date. The authorities stated the reason for the accident as “loss of control of the aircraft for undetermined reasons”.
Her music is her Legacy and people are going to remember her for a very long time and appreciate her for who she was.
Jenni Rivera Funeral
Rivera was raised by catholic parents. After her death, several legal issues emerged. She deceased in Mexico. So, the Rivera family faced problems while bringing her body to America.
She was buried after weeks of her death. Her funeral service was attended by more than a thousand mourners. She was buried on 31st December 2012 in All Souls Cemetery.
Jenni Rivera Career After Death
- In life and death, several media outlets labeled Rivera as the most important female figure and top-selling female artist in the regional Mexican music genre
- Similarly, by 2013 Jenni has sold about 20 million albums worldwide.
- Just after her death La Misma Gran Señora, the album debuted at No.1 on Billboard’s Top Latin Albums chart, No.1 on Billboard Regional Mexican Albums chart, and No.1 on Mexico’s Top 100 chart
- Likewise, since she died in 2012, she has earned herself a spot on the Forbes Top-Earning Dead Celebrities of 2013, estimating 7 million dollars.
- She also acted in Filly Brown her debut movie in 2013 where she played a drug-addicted mother in a prison. In 2013 her autobiography also came out which was the New York Times bestseller along with that Billboard magazine named Rivera the highest-ranked woman on the year-end Top Latin Artists chart of 2014, ranking it No. 5. In 2015 Rivera was awarded Top Latin Albums Female Artist of the Year and Regional Mexican Artist of the Year.
Jenni Rivera Show
Rossana Negrin created a biographical telenovela based on the late Jenni Rivera’s book. The book was titled Unbreakable: My Story, My Way which was published after her death in 2013.
The show was primarily produced in Latin America and it was given a name, Jenni Rivera: Mariposa de Barrio. Likewise, the first episode was dropped by Telemundo on 27th June 2017. The series ended on 6th November 2017.
The series has 91 episodes and it only has one season. Later, the show was made available on Netflix too because of its popularity. Angelica Celaya is the titular character in the series. She portrays the role of legendary singer Jenni Rivera in the show.
Jenni Rivera Spouse
Rivera married three times. She had her first baby when she was just 15 years old. Her first child was a daughter named Chiquis Rivera. Jenni had her when she was attending high school. She later married the baby’s father, José Trinidad Marín.
They had two more children; a daughter Jacqueline Marin and a son Michael Marin.
Her first husband molested her sister Rosie and even molested his daughters Chiquis and Jacqueline. Marin spent 9 years as a suspect after being convicted of sexual assault and rape. Subsequently, he was found guilty and sentenced to more than 80 years in prison without parole.
She married Juan Lopez in 1997 and had one daughter and a son. The daughter was named Jenicka Lopez and the son was called Johnny Lopez. However, the second marriage did not work out too.
The couple separated in 2003 after finalizing the divorce. Her husband, Lopez died from complications of pneumonia while in prison in 2009.
Rivera married baseball player Esteban Loaiza in 2010. There were rumors that the baseball player was cheating on Rivera with the first daughter, Chiquis. So, they filed for divorce in 2012 but it was never finalized because of her death.
Charity| Jenni Rivera Love Foundation
Jenni was involved in several charities and even became a spokeswoman for National Coalition Against Domestic Violence. The singer also supported several causes. She supported American Heart Association and American Stoke Association back then.
Moreover, Jenni founded a non-profit organization to support women and children who are at risk. The foundation was named Jenni Rivera Love Foundation.
People Also Like: Stephen Curry Net Worth, Age, Brother, Shoes, Career, Wife, Kids >>
Jenni Rivera Love Foundation aids women and children who are suffering from domestic violence, sexual abuse, and any other physical or emotional abuse.
The organization provides the victims or survivors with shelter, education, counseling, and stability. After Jenni’s death, her daughter, Jacqueline is carrying on Jenni’s legacy. Presently, she is working as an executive director of the organization.
Jenni Rivera Net Worth
Jenni Rivera had a net worth of $25 million at the time of her death. She had been in this industry for about two decades. Rivera produced 15 gold, 15 platinum, and 5 double platinum music records in her career.
She established herself as a multi-professional woman. Apart from singer-songwriter, she was also an actress, producer, philanthropist, and entrepreneur. She had earned being the most popular singer of the regional Mexican genre.
Her family was able to make $70 million after her death. They sued the owner of Learjet 25, Starwood Management Inc. Learjet 25 was the aircraft that crashed while Rivera was flying.
The company was ordered by the judge to compensate for the loss in 2016.
Social Media Presence
Jenni, the singer, used social media to engage with the fans. She used Instagram and Twitter. After her death, her account is still being used by her family member. In her account, her pictures and videos are updated regularly to keep her legacy alive. You can follow her social media platform account.
Instagram: 2 million followers
Twitter: 1.9 million followers
Facebook: 8.3 million followers
- Rivera dropped 12 major labeled albums in her career time.
- She was a coach in the second season of a television singing competition based in Mexico, The Voice.
- She was the mother of 5 children of which two of them are daughters and three are sons.
- Further, she passed away at the age of 43.
- Jenni was a reality TV star too. She had a show called I Love Jenni. The show starred her family.
- She was married three times and none of them worked out.
- Her first husband is now rotting in jail after being found guilty of sexual assault and rape. Her second husband died. Likewise, she had filed for divorce with her third husband four months before her death.
- According to some sources, Chiquis, her first daughter, and her last husband Esteban was having an affair. This was the reason why she filed for divorce.
- She had a lump in her breast for which she had to undergo clinical surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old was Jenni Rivera her death occurred?
Jenni Rivera death occurred when she was 43 years old.
- How old was Jenni Rivera when she had Chiquis?
She was just 15 years old when she had Chiquis.
- Who passed away with Jenni Rivera?
Her publicist, attorney, hairstylist, make-up artist, and two of the aviation crew died with Jenni Rivera.
- What was Jenni Rivera’s net worth at death?
Rivera’s net worth was $25 million at the time of her death.