Howard Stern is an American radio and TV personality, author, and comedian. In 2008, Howard Stern was married to his wife Beth Ostrosky Stern. Howard was previously married to Alison Berns.
Stern is also known as the “King of media” for his contribution across all major entertainment platforms that have been immense over the years.
Stern is also known for his TV shows and movies such as Private parts, The Howard Stern Show which is the longest-running radio show, and The Howard Stern Interview, judging shows like America’s Got Talent.
You may love him, you may hate him, but you can’t ignore this media star & best-selling author. So, let’s discuss more about the “king of all media” and unravel how this charismatic man made his name overall entertainment business.
Table of Contents
Howard Stern| Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Howard Allan Stern|
|Nick Name||Howie, King of All Media, Howeird|
|Date of Birth||12th January 1954|
|Birth Place||Jackson Heights, New York, United States|
|Age||68 years old|
|Father’s Name||Ben Stern|
|Mother’s Name||Ray Stern|
|Height||6 feet 5 inches or 1.96m|
|Weight||85 Kg or 187 lbs|
|Education||Degree in communication (Boston University)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Wife||Beth Ostrosky Stern
Alison Berns (Divorced)
|Net Worth||$650 million|
|Social Media Presence||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook|
Howard Stern Family
Howard Allan Stern is Stern’s full name who was born on 12th January 1954. He was born in Jackson Heights, New York, United States. Moreover, he is the youngest of the family born to Bern Stern and Ray stern.
His mother, Ray worked as a clerk in an office. Later, she left her work and devoted herself as a homemaker. She took care of her children until they grew up. After some years, she had a job as an inhalation therapist.
Similarly, his father, Ben served in the US Army at the time of war on Long Island and California. Ben worked in a radio station as an engineer in Manhattan. Eventually, he ended up working as a co-owner and operator of Aura Recording Inc.
He was raised with his elder sister, Ellen Stern. The family moved to Long Island, New York in 1995. She is currently 72 years old.
Howard Stern Young and Education
Howard was a very smart kid. He took piano lessons for five years. Stern even used to entertain his friends with a marionette show. He also had a band of three guys while he was at school. They named the band the Electric Comicbook.
Likewise, he often spent his summers at Camp Wel-Met. He volunteered to work for a camper, kitchen, and counselor duties. His father was a co-owner of a recording studio. So, he was influenced to be on the radio.
Moreover, he visited his father’s studio and witnessed a lot of great radio personalities.
After the family moved to Roosevelt situated on Long Island, Howard changed a lot of schools. He attended Washington-Rose Elementary School and transferred to Roosevelt Higher Secondary School.
Later, he moved to Hebrew School. He was given a nickname, Tzvi. The family again moved in 1969 near Rockville Centre. Stern changed the school again. He started studying at South Side High School.
Further, he graduated high school in 1972 and perused more education. He joined Boston University to gain a bachelor’s degree in communications. In 1976, he graduated with a 3.8 GPA.
Howard Stern Age and Height
Curly hair, lean body with a charming personality, Howard is 68 years old as of 2021 born on 12th January 1954. Howard stands tall with a stature of 6 feet 5 inches or 1.96m.
The actor deals with regular weight loss. Many sources claim that he has an eating disorder. Howard has a slender physique with a body weight of 85 kg or 187 lbs.
Additionally, he lives half of the time in Southampton, New York. The other half of the time, he resides in Florida. Howard has naturally curly hair which is dark brown. Similarly, he has sparkling pair of blue eyes.
Howard Stern Wife (Beth Ostrosky Stern)
Beth Ostrosky Stern was born on 15th July 1972 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US. Beth is an author, model as well as and animal-rights activist by profession. She was born in a catholic household to Judy Ostrosky and Robert Ostrosky.
Her mother, Judy is a former model. Additionally, her father worked as a dentist. She was raised with two brothers. Beth graduated high school through Fox Chapel High School.
Later, she pursued higher education and joined the University of Pennsylvania. Eventually, she left the college after 3 years of studying in there. Then, she decided to follow her career in modeling and ended up moving to New York City.
A few of the movies and TV show that Beth appeared in are Flirting With Disaster, Whipped, Filter, and Casino Cinema. Likewise, her best-selling books are Yoda: The Story of a Cat and his Kittens, Yoda Gets a Buddy, and Oh My Dog: How To Choose, Train, Groom, Nurture, Feed, and Care for Your Bestfriend.
This beautiful woman has earned a massive amount of wealth over years. As of 2022, she has a total net worth of $50 million.
Howard Stern Wedding
Howard married his Boston University sweetheart Alison Berns when they were only 24 years old in 1978. They have three daughters together. The couple decided to live separately.
Their divorce got finalized in 2001 after 2 years of parting ways. Howard dated Angie Everhart and Robin Givens until he met Beth Ostrosky. Beth and Howard started dating in 2000.
After seven years of being in love, the couple announced their engagement on 14th February 2007. The following year, the sweet couples married at Le Cirque Restaurant situated in New York City.
Howard Stern Children
Howard is a father of three beautiful daughters. He had them with his ex-wife, Alison. Their first daughter, Emily Beth Stern was born on 7th May 1983 in Long Island, New York. She is 39 years old right now.
Emily loved acting but after an incident, she suddenly lost her all interest in acting. At present, she is working hard to build a career as a Rabbi.
Similarly, the second daughter, Deborah Jennifer Stern is 36 years old. She was born on 9th May 1986. Deborah also tried her career in acting. She was tired of exposure to her life in public. So, she backed out as an actress.
After acting, she got into the business. In 2007, she founded a counseling company called Deborah Stern Association. Since then, she is providing the service of counseling and therapy. She mostly focuses on providing career counseling.
The youngest, Ashley Jade Stern was born on 24th January 1993. This year Ashley turned 29 years. Reportedly, Ashley is studying to become a nurse at this moment.
Howard Stern Career (1975-1988)
- From an early age, Howard was interested in radio and was behind that mike.
- He started work at the campus radio station WTBU, where he played records, read the news, and hosted interview programs.
- From a very young age, Howard wanted to make it in the entertainment business and later on started looking out for jobs in this field.
- His first gig came at a small radio station in Briarcliff Manor, New York.
- Stern started his career as a marketing executive for the New York advertising agency ‘Benton & Bowles.’ He later joined the creative department of the agency.
- Stern found an advertised position in Radio & Records for a morning host at WWWW, a struggling rock station in Detroit, Michigan.
- In addition, In 1981 accepted the offer of hosting mornings at album-oriented rock station WWDC in Washington, D.C.
- After his carefree attitude and saying what he wants to say increased the ratings of the show
- After WWDC he was offered a five-year deal worth $1 million to work afternoons at WNBC in New York City in 1982 and was also recognized as the city’s best disc jockey.
- Likewise, In 1984, he made his debut appearance on Late Night with David Letterman and was featured in People magazine.
- Stern kept in touch with his audience by booking dates at clubs with a live stage show.
- In 1985, Stern announced the signing of a five-year contract with Infinity Broadcasting worth an estimated $500,000 to host afternoons on its rock music station WXRK.
- Similarly, From 1994-2001 Stern had the highest-rated radio program.
- he began a 20-year run at WXRK in New York City; his morning show entered syndication in 1986 and aired in 60 markets and attracted 20 million listeners.
More About his Career (1988-2006)
- Likewise, In 1988 Stern went on to host his first pay-per-view event, Howard Stern’s Negligeé, and Underpants Party, and grossed $1.2 million.
- In 1990 he re-signed with Infinity Broadcasting for five years, which New York Magazine estimated was worth over $10 million.
- Similarly, He rose as a popular radio and television figure in 1992 led to the first instance of his self-proclaimed title “King of All Media”.
- Stern became the first to have the number one morning radio show in New York and Los Angeles in the same year.
- In 1993 Stern wrote his first book “Private Parts” and sold the first print of 225,000 copies within hours.
- Radio & Records named Stern “the most influential air personality of the past two decades in 1993.
- Stern wrote Miss America which sold 33,000 copies at Barnes & Noble stores, setting a new one-day record for the chain and 120,000 in its first week.
- It entered The New York Times Best-Seller list at number one and stayed on the list for 16 weeks and 1.39 million copies were sold in 1995 alone which ranked it the year’s third best-selling book.
- In 1998, Stern received a Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Male Newcomer for the movie, Private Parts. Furthermore, from 2000-2002 Howard produced “Son of the Beach”, a television parody sitcom of Baywatch.
- In 2006, the day of his first broadcast on Sirius, Stern, and Buchwald received a total of 34.3 million shares of Sirius stock worth $218 million. For the second subscriber in 2007, Stern received $22 million shares of stock worth $82.9 million. Stern renewed his contract with SiriusXM to continue his radio show for a further five years in 2010.
- From 2011, he started judging America’s Got Talent and signed off in 2015.
- Stern was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in 2012.
- Likewise, Howard released his third book Howard Stern Comes Again in 2019.
- In 2020, he renewed the contract with SiriusXM which includes more than five years of partnership.
Howard Stern Show
The Howard Stern Show is an American radio show which has an approximate running time of three hours. The show is hosted by none other than Howard Stern. Correspondingly, the show started in the 1970s and is still running today.
This radio show gained immense recognition when the radio show was syndicated from WXRK. WXRK was the home station for Howard’s show from 1986 to 2005. In 2006, she signed a deal with a broadcasting company, SiriusXM.
The broadcasting company provided two uncensored channels to affiliate the broadcasting of The Howard Stern Show. Howard 100 and Howard 101 are the current home stations of this show.
Howard Stern Net worth
He has been in this business for over four decades. Being in the limelight for so long and reaching all heights. As of 2021, Howard Stern’s net worth is estimated to be an incredible $650 million.
Howard signed a five-year $500 million deal with Sirius Satellite Radio. Howard has since gone on to earn well over $1 billion at Sirius alone in addition to the hundreds of millions he earned while on regular radio.
Stern earns around $90 million per year. Stern owns $100 million worth of real estate with an NYC penthouse whose worth is more than $50 million. He also published three books and produced and acted in movies along with all the investments.
Stern paid $20 million for an empty lot in the Hamptons in 2005. Likewise, in 2013, he bought a mansion for $52 million in Palm Beach, Florida. However, Howard Stern earns more than his wife.
Social Media Presence
The self-proclaimed king of media is available on Twitter. He also has an account on Instagram and Facebook but they are accounts on the official name of his radio show.
Twitter: 1.5 million followers
Instagram: 1 million followers
Facebook: 2.5 million followers
- Howard formed a band called Electric Comicbook with two of his friend while he was in school.
- He is frequently placed by Forbes on the highest-paid celebrity list.
- Stern used to take cannabis and other psychedelic drugs while studying. He later confirmed in his show that he no longer smoked marijuana.
- Moreover, he is married two times.
- He suffered from an eating disorder.
- Further, in 2012, he was enlisted in The National Radio Hall of Fame.
- He learned Japanese Shotokan Karate and is a black belt holder.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What disease does Howard Stern have?
Stern is affected by obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). His illness began while he was at university and persisted throughout his radio career.
- How much is Howard Stern salary?
As per sources, he receives a payment of a whopping $90 million annually.
- How tall is Howard Stern?
Howard Stern is 6 feet and 5 inches tall.
- Who is Howard Stern current wife?
Beth Ostrosky Stern is Howard Stern current wife. They are married since 2008.