Steve Carell is a man who won everybody’s heart with his outstanding role as Michael Scott in The Office. He is one of a kind who has made people laugh since he stepped into the movie industry.
With a lot of outstanding projects in his hand, Steve has also established himself as a writer, producer, writer, and director. Whether it be emotional, sensual, villainy, or comedy, this man can literally be what the people want him to be.
More importantly, he is also a voice artist who gave life to the character of Gru in the Despicable Me franchise, Horton Hears a Who! Over the Hedge, to mention a few. One-of-a-kind Carell has appeared in numerous movies.
For his spectacular work, Steve has received BAFTA Award for Best Actor supporting Role, a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor- Motion Picture of Best Actor, Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, to mention some.
Today, we will be talking about this legendary actor in detail. The discussion will include age, height, family members, relationships, and other vital information. Before all this, why do not we take a look at some of Steve’s quick facts;
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Steven John Carell|
|Nickname||Sapphire Steve Carell|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1962|
|Birth Place||Concord, Massachusetts, United States|
|Age||60 years old|
|Father’s Name||Edwin A. Carell|
|Height||5 ft 9 in or 175 cm|
|Weight||78 kg or 172 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)|
|Education||Nashoba Brooks School, The Fenn School, Middlesex School, Denison University|
|Net Worth||$80 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
Who Is Steve Carell? Who Is His Brother?
Born as Steven John Carell, this sector was born at Emerson Hospital located n concord Massachusetts. His father’s name was Edwin A Carell, who was active as an electrical engineer, while his mother’s name was Harriet Theresa, who was active as a psychiatric nurse.
Steve is the youngest member of his family with four brothers. Unfortunately, their name and whereabouts are not currently disclosed in the media.
As a kid, Carell studied at Nashoba Brooks School and later went to Middlesex School. Furthermore, he was keen on playing ice hockey and lacrosse during high school.
Along with that, he used to play the fife and perform on the stage. Back in 1984, this actor received a degree from the Denison University located in Granville, Ohio.
During that time, he was a part of Burpee’s seedy Theatrical Company. Many might not know this, but he used to do disc jockey under the name of Sapphire Steve Carell.
How Old Is Steve Carell? How Tall Is He?
This comedian was born in 1962 and is 60 years old in 2021. Recently he celebrated his birthday on the 16th day of August.
Therefore he falls under the sun sign of Leo. According to his sign, he is fierce ad has a good relationship with his friends and family.
Moreover, Steve stands at a height of 175 cm, which converts to 5 feet 9 inches. Along with that, he weighs about 172 pounds which translates to 78 kg.
The most distinctive feature of Steve is his way of creating humor in tough and awkward situations. Furthermore, he is blessed to have dark brown hair and a pair of green eyes.
Steve Carell list of Movies in Order
- Curly Sue (1991)
- Tomorrow Night (1998)
- Homegrown (1998)
- Street of Pain (2003)
- Bruce Almighty (2003)
- Sleepover (2004)
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (2004)
- Melinda and Melinda (2005)
- Bewitched (2005)
- The 40 years old virgin (2005)
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
- American Storage (2006)
- Over The Hedge (2006)
- Hammy’s Boomerang Adventure (2006)
- Evan Almighty (2007)
- Knocked Up (2007)
- Dan in Real Life (2007)
- Stories in the USA (2007)
- Horton Hears a Who ! (2008)
- Get Smart (2008)
- Date Night (2010)
- despicable Me (2010)
- Dinner for Schmucks (2010)
- Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011)
- Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (2012)
- Hope Springs (2012)
- The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (2013)
- Despicable Me 2 (2013)
- The Way, Way Back (2013)
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)
- Neighbors (2014)
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014)
- Foxcatcher (2014)
- minions (2015)
- Freeheld (2015)
- The Big Short (2015)
- cafe society 92016)
- despicable Me 3 (2017)
- Battle of the Sexes (2017)
- Last Flag Flying (2017)
- Beautiful Boy (2018)
- Vice (2018)
- Welcome to Marwen (2018)
- Irresistible (2020)
- Minions: The rise of Gru (2022)
Why Did Steve Carell Leave The Office?
There is no denying that Steve was made to portray the character of Michael Scott. The show was running fabulously for 11 seasons when the actor suddenly announced that he would no longer be in the show.
The reason behind this is similar to the story of Michael in The Office. Yes, he left the show to be with his wife and care for his family.
During the show’s ending, Carell disclosed that he wanted to spend more time with his family, which was a good time for him to move on.
When the man left the show, the eighth series was hugely criticized, all in a negative way. Fans claimed that the show’s quality dropped significantly after that.
Therefore in the ninth series, the show announced that it would be their final installment. Apart from this, Steve reappeared on the show when Dwight walked down the aisle with beautiful Angela.
How Did Steve Carell Meet His Wife? Who Is She?
Many are well aware of the fact that Steve is a committed man. He has been married to beautiful actress Nancy Carell.
Many might notice this beauty from her recurring role on The Office as Michael’s realtor Carol Stills. As a matter of fact, his wife is also an actress and writer.
This lovey-dovey couple bumped into one another while attending the improv class at Chicago’s Second City comedy troupe. However, Nancy was not taking the class she was working in a bar across the street.
He often used to stop by the place and have a little chit-chat with her. Although they used to exchange several jokes, none of them dared to make the first move.
Most of the time, Steve used to say. “Hey, you know, if I were ever to ask a woman out, it would be someone like you.” In reply, Nancy used to say, “If a guy like you were ever to ask a woman like me out, I would do that.”
After some time, they accepted each other, and the rest was history. According to Steve, Nancy was beautiful, intelligent, and funny. She checked all the boxes in his head.
Finally, after all those years, this duo walked down the aisle in 1995. When she walked down the altar, Carell knew she was the one and was very calm about it.
He felt the right decision and how empowering he felt after being with the person he adored. Luckily in May 2001, young Elisabeth Anne was born.
Three years later, the love bugs were blessed to have a son named John in June 2004. Fortunately, this couple has accomplished 26 years of their life together.
What Is Steve Carell’s Net Worth?
This American actor rose to prominence as Michael Scott in the long-running sitcom The Office. He used to make $175,000 per episode in the series, which later increased to $300,000.
Added to this, he made around $500,000 for being featured in The 40-year-old Virgin. Similarly, he made around $15 million from Crazy Stupid Love, $12 million for Dinner for Schmucks, $12.5 million for Date Night, and about $5 million for Evan Almighty.
To elaborate, in 2021, Steve has a total net worth of $80 million. With all this money, he bought a mansion in 2010 in LA’s Toluca Lake suburb. The house cost around $6 million during that time.
Later the house was sold for $5.1 million. Nancy and Carell own a four-bedroom home in the town of Marshfield. It appears that Steve was leading a luxurious life in 2021.
- Growing up, Steve received a degree in history from Ohio’s Denison University in 1984. During that time, he was planning to go to law school. However, when he was about to apply, he asked himself, “Why do you want to be a lawyer?” That is how this man changed his mind.
- Steve was keen on playing ice hockey and singing as a young kid. Some of his hobbies were telling stories, reading a book, watching a movie, going to play, and being transported to new places.
- Before becoming an actor, Carell worked shorty as a total carried in Littleton, Massachusetts. As the post office did not have its mail vehicles, he used his car.
- His wife, Nancy, appears as the Michael realtor Carol Stills in The Office. As a matter of fact, both of them are portrayed as a married couple in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. During that time, they coincidently filmed the breakup scene on their 17th anniversary.
- Apart from acting, Steve owns a Marshfield Hills General Store in Marshfield, Massachusetts. The couple also spends their summer there.
- In the famous series The office, Carell was not the first choice to portray the role of Michael Scott. in fact, Paul Giamatti was the director’s first choice.
- For his role in the movie Date Night, Steve was given a huge sum of $12,500,000 for his position.
- In 2007, the AMPAS, Carell, was among the 115peple who were invited.
- He was honored to have 2,570 stars on the Hollywood Walk of fame.
- Steve was featured in Pharell William’s song titled Happy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why was Steve Carell removed from The Office?
Steve was nt revmovd frrmt he show. As a matter of fact, he left the show in order to spend quality time with his family.
- Is Steve Carell a nice guy?
Although Carell might have rude or offensive opinions or characters in the movies and television shows, he is a nice guy in real life.
- Is Steve Carell A Millionaire?
With a huge net worth of $80 million, Steve is indeed a millionaire.
- Is Steve Carell still acting?
Yes, the actor is still acting. Recently he gave his voice to the Gru character in the animation The Rise of Gru.