Paul Dano is a handsome actor who will be featured in the upcoming franchise of Batman. Sources have revealed that this man will be portraying the main villain, The Riddler, in The Batman.
With that being said, along with being an actor, Paul is also a producer. He started his career off with the Broadway movie The Newcomers in 2000. He won the Best Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance for his role.
Now, he has appeared in tonnes of movies. Some of them include the likes of Little Miss Sunshine, L.I.E., The Emperor’s Club, Taking Lives, The Ballad of Jack and Rose, The Girl Next Door, The King, and Fast Food Nation. Weapons, Love & Mercy, Swiss Army Man, Okja, to mention some.
Until now, Dano has been the recipient of the Screen Actors Guild Awards, Alliance of Women Film Journalists. Back reel Awards, Best Online Film Critics Association, Boston Online Film Critics Association, and Critics Choice Movie Awards, to name some.
Today we will be talking about this inspiring man in detail. The discussion will elaborate on Paul’s age, height, love life, and career in full detail. Prior to starting this article, why don’t we take a look at some quick facts;
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Paul Franklin Dano|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1984|
|Birth Place||New York City, New York, United States|
|Age||38 years old|
|Father’s Name||Paul A. Dano|
|Mother’s Name||Gladys Dano|
|Height||6 ft 1 in or 185 cm|
|Weight||77 kg or 170 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Education||Browning School and Wilton High School|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
Who Is Paul Dano?- Parents, Siblings, Childhood, and Education
This brilliant actor was born in New York City. He was born to his father, Paul A. Dano, and his mother, Gladys. As a matter of fact, his father spent his life working as a businessman.
During his childhood, the Dano family moved to New Canaan, Connecticut. Later they migrated to Wilton, Connecticut, and settled there. Not to mention Paul is blessed to have a younger sister named Sarah.
Talking about education, Dano has been to the Browning School. Later, he enrolled in Wilton High School and read there until he graduated in 2002.
Soon after graduating, this man went to Eugene Lang College in New York City. There he honed his skill in acting and performed in community theater. Luckily his parents were very encouraging about the whole thing.
How Old Is Paul Dano?- Age, Height, and Body Measurement
This young and talented actor was born in 1984, and in 2022 Paul is 38 years old. Recently he celebrated his birthday on the 19th day of June.
Therefore he falls under the sun sign of Gemini. According got this sun sign, Dano is empathetic and has a softcore in his heart.
Moreover, Paul stands tall at a towering height of 6 feet 1 inch, which is 185 cm. Due to his height, Paul looks perfect for the role of The Riddle.
The most district future of this 38 years old actor is his small lips, green eyes, and front bangs. With that being said, he weighs about 170 pounds which converts to 77 kg.
Furthermore, he is blessed to have silky light brown hair and a pair of glistening green eyes.
Movies and Tv Shows
- The guilty (2021)
- The Batman (2021)
- The Fabelmans (2022)
- Spaceman (To be announced)
- Okja (2017)
- Swiss Army Man (2016)
- Youth (2015)
- Love & Mercy (2014)
- Prisoners (2013)
- 12 Years a Slave (2013)
- For Ellen (2012)
- Looper (2012)
- Ruby Sparks (2012)
- Being Flynn (2012)
- Cowboy & Aliens (2011)
- Knight and Day (2010)
- Meek’s Cutoff (2011)
- The Extra Man (2010)
- Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
- The good Heart (2009)
- Taking Woodstock (2009)
- Gigantic (2008)
- Light and the Suffereer (2008)
- War & Peace (2016)
- The Sopranos (2002)
Paul Dano Batman
The upcoming DC film superhero film Batman is said to be released on March 4, 2022. The movie will star Robert Pattinson as Batman, Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon, John Turturro as Carmine Falcone, and so on.
The main highlight of the movie will be the villain, The Riddle, based on the real-life Zodiac Killer. The talented Paul Dano will portray this role.
In addition to this, Paul will also be featured in the movie The guilty (2021), The Fabelmans (2022), and Spaceman (To be announced). It appears that 2022 will be a busy year for this actor.
Paul Dano Talks About His Role In The Batman
Well, before playing the role of the Riddler in the movie, Paul shared some of his excruciating experiences while playing the character. In an interview, the actor revealed that he did not get a proper sleep some nights after shooting some of the scenes.
He also confessed that it was troublesome for him to come own from the character. It took a t of energy to get there, and once you are there, it is tough to sustain due to all ups and downs.
Paul Dano Says The Best Way To make Okja Was to Working With Netflix
Okja is a South Korean film maker Bong Joon Ho. The story revolves around a young girl named Mija who tries to save her best friend Okja, a giant genetically engineered pig.
The movie stars such as Paul Dano, Steven Yeun, Jake Gyllenhaal, Lily Collins, and Giancarlo Esposito. The controversy started when the Netflix title cars were booed at the movie’s world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival.
There were some glitches while screening, and it received a backlash for premiering a film unavailable on the streaming service. After that, the movie had a tough time being screened in the theater.
In the movie, Paul is portrayed as a member of the Animal Liberation Front, based on a real-life activist organization. The actor also revealed that the controversies regarding Okja should not stop people from watching it. Ven more, Netflix was the best option to get it made.
Who Is The Wife of Paul Dano? Does He Have Kids?
There is a lot of celebrity who is constantly breaking up and making up with each other. In such time, Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan have become prime examples of how a relationship should be.
There is no denying that both of them are regarded as one of the strong couples in Hollywood. As a matter of fact, their love blossomed when they were young and fragile.
At the age of 20, they fell in love, and it has been going strong since then. Not to mention they have shared screens in lots of movies and plays.
In 2007, they starred in a play, Things We Want to be, directed by Ethan Hawke. The next thing we knew, they shared the screen as love interested in the 2012 movie Ruby Sparks.
Although they are meant to be for one another, they have not walked down the aisle. For them, it is just not the right moment. However, the duo shares a beautiful daughter.
Young Alma came to this world in August 2018, and this couple has been very cautious about revealing their babies to the world. Paul revealed in the media that,
‘I’m so tired, and I’m so in love. It’s so extreme. Your heart has gone supernova in one sense. And then we landed from London last week, and she cried for like 24 straight hours, and you kind of just want to walk through a wall.”
- Medication: Vaseline
- Drink: Bourbon Manhattan and Rye Whiskey
- New York Restaurant: Le Bernardin
- New Yorker: Biggie
- Fictional New yorker: Ratso Rizzo
- Movies: Stranger Than Paradise (1984), Early Summer (Japanese film of 1951), A Man Escaped (1956), A Man Escaped (1967), The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928), The Thin Red Line (1998), The Long Day Closes (1992), Make Way for Tomorrow (1937), Three Colors: Blue (1993), Stray Dog (Japanese movie of 1949), Still Walking (2008).
- Cereals: Kashi and Oh’s, Honey Nut Cheerios
- Comfort Food: Cereals
What Is The Net worth of Paul Dano?
Being the part of some blockbuster movies such as Little Miss Sunshine, Ruby Sparks, and more, there is no denying that Paul makes a hefty amount of money. Dano has a net worth of $10 million in 2022.
In addition to this, Zoe and Paul are currently living in an apartment in Brooklyn, New York. This actor has spent his whole life in New York, while his other half was raised in Los Angeles.
Back in 2010. this duo decided on one of the bold decisions in their life, and that was moving in together. They are happy, and since they a childish around them all the time, they are pretty busy.
Social Media Presence
Sadly this actor is not active on any social media platforms.
- When Paul was a kid, he wanted to be a professional basketball player. He had a dream to join the NBA but left it in the middle when he reached college.
- Luckily he joined the regional play in Standford, Connecticut, and was entitled to theatre productions.
- At 12, he made a debut on Broadway, Inherit The Wind.
- Later, Paul decided to get into the university because he was unnerved by the successful property he witnessed in his acting career. He wanted a break.
- Due to his hobby of playing basketball, he used to go to Brooklyn Bridge Park, which was only a 20-minute walk from his home.
- To fit in the role of Love & Mercy. Dano had to gain 35 pounds. He used to consume about 45,000 calories per day. Sometimes he used to feel that it was still not enough for him. Therefore he would go for a tub of ice cream.
- When he was playing basketball, his weight was so heavy that Paul tore his ACL.
- Luckily in 2008, Paul ranked in the number 5 spot on the 30 under 30’s actors’ list by the entertainment Weekly magazine.
- Actor Daniel Day-Lewis was so impressed by his talent in the drama movie The ballad of Jack and Rose that he recommended Pauls’s name be cast on the There Will be Blood.
- If the previous actor for the role of Paul Sunday in There Will Be Blood had not dropped out because of the pressure of working with Daniel, then Dan might not have received the role.
- After seeing Paul’s extraordinary work in the local production of New Cannan in the community theater, his parents moved to New York City. The whole reason behind doing this was to provide Dano with more opportunities.