Cillian Murphy, aka Thomas Shelby, has been ruling in the hearts of fans all over the world. This man is the master to portray the role of gangster and villain in most of the movies. It was not until Peaky Blinders that this man became famous. Apart from this, Cillian rose to prominence for his work in the movie A Quiet Place Part II, Dunkirk, Inception, 28 Days Later, Batman Begins, In Time, Red Eye, Anna, The Dark Knight, The Edge of Love, Anthropoid, Sunshine, Red Lights to mention few. For his work and contribution, Murphy received a Golden Globe Award for the best actor in a Musical or Comedy, Irish Film & Television Award, MTV Movie Award, Satellite Award, Saturn Award, European Film Award, GQ UK Award, BAFTA Award, amongst others. In this article, we will take a brief look at this handsome actor’s biography. Let’s take a look at some quick facts;
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Cillian Murphy|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1976|
|Birth Place||Douglas, County Cork, Ireland|
|Age||45 years old|
|Father’s Name||Brendan Murphy|
|Mother’s Name||Updating Soon|
|Siblings||Sile, Orla and Paidi|
|Height||5 ft 9 in or 175 cm|
|Weight||70 kg or 154 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Education||Presentation Brothers College, University College Cork|
|Marital Status||10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)|
|Net Worth||$20 Million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
Who Is Cillian Murphy’s Dad? Where Did He grow up?This dandy man was born in the developing city of Douglas, cork. His father, Brendan Murphy, was active as a civil servant at the Department of Education and Skills while his mother was a teacher. Later on, this man was raised in the Ballintemple, Cork. He is blessed to have two younger sisters and one younger brother. His sisters are Sile and Orla, whereas his brother’s name is Paidi. During his childhood, this actor enrolled in the Catholic Secondary School Presentation brothers College. Although he was academically good, Cillian was often suspended for his misbehavior. As a kid, Murphy was not that keen on sports and felt that school did not prioritize arts enough. When he was in secondary school, this actor participated in Corcadorca Theatre Company. It was novelist William Wall who encouraged him to try his hand at acting. By the time he was in his 20s Cillian had played guitar and started singing. Many might not know this, but Cillian is the lead guitarist and singer of a rock band named The Sons of Mr. Genes. Moving on in 1996, this man started studying law at University college cork. He failed the first-year exam and did not have any enthusiasm to do more in this field. Interestingly this artist later revealed that the major reason why he got into acting was to meet beautiful women at the parties.
How Old Is Cillian Murphy?- Age, Height, and Body MeasurementThis young and brilliant actor was born in the year of 1976 on the 25th day of May. Currently, he is 45 years old and falls under the sun sign of Gemini. The most distinct feature of Cillian is his piercing blue eyes, chiseled face, and smooth facial features. Furthermore, he stands tall at a height of 5 feet 9 inches which converts to 175 cm. Other than this, he weighs about 70 kg or 154 pounds in general. Similarly, he is blessed to have short dark brown hair. According to some resources, Cillian has a chest measuring about 38 inches or 96.5 cm and arms or biceps of 14 inches or 35.5 cm. Moreover, his waist measures about 31 inches of 79 cm.
Favorite Things of Cillian Murphy
- Musical Influences: Tom Waits, Stevie Wonder, The Beatles, Van Morrison
- Soundtrack: Red Right Hand by Nick Cave, Peaky Blinders theme tune
- Childhood Song from a Band: The Final Countdown by Europe
- Restaurants: Cafe Paradiso in Cork, London and And Bia in Ireland, Vijay on Willesden Lane
- Food: Mackerel Salad
- Man Crush: Sam Neill
- Hobbies: Running, Reading, Attending music gigs
- Clothing Color: Blue
- Animal: Dog
- Dog Breed: Labrador
- Snack: Slated Almonds
- Guilty Pleasure: Waterslides
- Game: Table Tennis to Ping Pong
- A place for Exclusive Family Time: Ireland, West Kerry, Blasket Islands
- Foreign City: Tokyo, New York
- Irish City: Galway
Are Cillian Murphy and Billie Eilish Related to Each Other?It was a surprise to fans to know that there was a deep connection with the way Billie and Cillian looked. Some even called them a doppelganger. Talks started in the town when Billie Eilish changed her look from baggy clothes and vibrantly dyed locks into blonde hair and donning corsets and lingerie. Many fans appreciated her look, but within a matter of time, fans saw an uncanny resemblance between the singer and Cillian. Despite the fact that they were related one way or another, they are not related in any way.
Is Cillian Murphy Still Married? Does He Have A Son?This famously known actor fell in love with beautiful visual artist Yvonne McGuinness. They fell for each other in the year of 1996 and dated for eight years before getting married. This lovey-dovey couple dropped down the anchor in the year 2004. To those who are unaware of his wife, Yvonne work in video installation and print. In an interview, this pretty lady revealed that Cillian often comes home after the shooting holding the same attitude as the character. She added that it is tough to shake off Tommy’s intensity when the filming is accomplished. As a matter of fact, this couple shares two wonderful sons. They are happy and overwhelmed by the success of their father. Young Malachy was born in December 2005, where Aran was born in July 2007.
Cillian Murphy Movies and Tv Shows
- Peaky Blinders
- A Quiet Place Part II
- 28 days Later
- In Time
- Red Eye
- Breakfast on Pluto
- In the Heart of the Sea
- The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight rises
- The Edge of Love
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley
- Tron Legacy
- Red Lights
- Girl With a Pearl Earring
- Watching the Detectives
- Disco Pigs
- Free Fire
- The Trench
- cold mountain
- The Party
- On the edge
- Batman Begins
What Is The Net Worth of Cillian Murphy?This Irish actor makes a hefty amount of money from his career as an actor. In 2021, Murphy’s net worth is equal to $20 million. This is all thanks to his work as a musician and actor.
Social Media PresenceUnlike other stars in Hollywood, Cillian likes to keep his life private. That is the main reason why it is not active on any social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- At the tender age of 10, Cillian started writing songs and wanted to become a rock star.
- During his time in college, he and his brother Paidi formed a band named The Sons of Mr. Green. It is said that Frank Zappa inspired the song.
- When his brother was 16 years old, Acid Jazz records offered them to have a record deal. However, their parents did not allow them to start their career as a musician. That was also the time when Cillian got into acting.
- Although this actor was excellent in academics, he was often suspended because of his misbehavior.
- Cillian was studying in college when he was offered the role in Disco Pigs. He did so well in the movies that an agent approached him, instantly boosting his career.
- According to reliable sources, when filming the first three seasons of the famous Peaky Blinders, Cillian smoked more than 3,000 herbal cigarettes.
- Cillian also claimed that Thomas Shelby’s role is one of his strongest roles so far. However, he is neither aggressive, strong, nor got into any real fight in real life.
- Along with this, he was not very fond of his haircut in the Peaky Blinders.
- He is not that fond of Karaoke.
- In addition to this, he also does not believe in watching musicians’ biopic to get hold of their lives. Instead, he thinks that listening to their music allows people to understand the musician’s personality deeply.
- Despite the fact that Cillian auditioned for the role of Batman in the Batman Begins, he could not get it. However, Christopher Nolan was so impressed with the work that he featured him in several projects to come.
- Murphy is not that good in red carpets appearances. His main priority is to excel himself and build the craft. Another reason he stays low-key is to prevent his real-life persona from outshining the character he plays on screen.
- Most of his friends are non-actors. Moreover, he is a good friend of Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Colin Farrell.
- The author of Twilight, Stephenie Meyer, wanted Murphy to portray the role of James, but later, Cam Gigandet was chosen for the role.