Pierce Brosnan is a well-known Irish actor, film producer, and environmentalist. In the Bond film series, he is most known for playing secret agent James Bond.
Brosnan has been nominated for two Golden Globe Awards, the first for the miniseries Nancy Astor (1982) and the second for the dark comedy picture The Matador (2005).
Similarly, actor Pierce Brosnan is a British order of chivalry of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE). As an Irish citizen, he is ineligible for the full OBE honor, which is exclusively bestowed to citizens of the Commonwealth nations, but he is still permitted to use the letters “OBE” after his name.
Throughout his four-decade film career, actor Brosnan has played a variety of characters and received several accolades. Some of his most renowned Bond films are GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day. His other successful and blockbuster films include The Fourth Protocol (1987), The Ghost Writer (2010), The November Man (2014), and many more.
|Birth Name||Pierce Brendan Brosnan OBE|
|Age||68 years old|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Birth Place||Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland|
|Date of Birth||16-May-53|
|Mother’s Name||May Smith|
|Father’s Name||Thomas Brosnan|
|Height||6 feet or 1.83 m|
|Weight||80 kg or 175 lbs|
|Body Measurement||42-34-12 inches|
|Race / Ethnicity||Catholic|
|Hair Color||Salt and Pepper|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|College/University||Drama Centre London|
|Popular For||James Bond Movies|
|Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$200 Million|
Brosnan was born on May 16, 1953, in Drogheda, County Louth. He was the only child of May Smith and Thomas Brosnan who was a carpenter. He resided in Navan, County Meath, for 12 years.
When Brosnan was a baby, his father abandoned the family. His mother went to London to work as a nurse when he was four years old. From then on, he was mostly raised by his maternal grandparents, Philip and Kathleen Smith.
Brosnan grew up in a Catholic home. On August 12, 1964, he left Ireland for Scotland to be reunited with his mother and her new husband, William Carmichael, at their house in Longniddry.
His mother and stepfather eventually returned to London. He attended Elliott School in Putney. After dropping out of school at the age of 16, Brosnan chose to become a painter and enrolled at Saint Martin’s School of Art in London to study commercial illustration. He later studied acting for three years at the Drama Centre London.
Pierce Brosnan Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Ryan, a well-known actor, was born in 1953 and is 68 years old in 2021. He recently celebrated his birthday on May 16th. As a reason, he is born under the sign of Taurus.
There’s no denying Pierce has a really attractive and enticing body. His chest measures around 42 inches or 108 cm, his arms approximately 12 inches or 32 cm, and his waist approximately 34 inches or 86 cm.
Brosnan’s most distinguishing trait is his handsome face and unique accent. Pierce is gifted with short salt and pepper hair and blue eyes.
Pierce is also rather tall, standing at a height of 6 feet or 183 cm. His bodyweight is currently about 176 pounds or 80kg in general.
Pierce Brosnan James Bond Movies
Pierce is most recognized for portraying the role of James Bond in James Bond films. In the Bond film series, he is the fifth actor to play secret agent James Bond. From 1995 to 2002, Brosnan appeared in four films:
- Tomorrow Never Dies
- The World Is Not Enough, and
- Die Another Day.
The first, GoldenEye, grossed US$350 million globally in 1995. It has a Rotten Tomato rating of 78 percent. Brosnan made a triumphant comeback with 1997’s Tomorrow Never Dies and 1999’s The World Is Not Enough. In 2002, Brosnan reprised his role as Bond for the fourth time in Die Another Day, which received mixed reviews like the previous two.
Brosnan started in October 2004 that he considered himself ousted from the job. Daniel Craig assumed the post on October 14, 2005.
- Brosnan started training in commercial illustration after quitting school at the age of 16 and went on to join the Drama Centre in London for 3 years.
- Brosnan started working as an acting assistant stage manager at the York Theatre Royal after graduating from the Drama Centre in 1975 and made his debut appearance in Wait Until Dark.
- Franco Zeffirelli cast him in Eduardo De Filippo’s drama Filumena, alongside Joan Plowright and Frank Finlay, in 1977.
- Brosnan’s career continued with cameos in films such as The Long Good Friday (1980) and The Mirror Crack’d (1981).
- Brosnan relocated to Southern California in 1982. In the United States, he gained prominence as the title character in the NBC romantic, frequently humorous detective series Remington Steele.
- Following the conclusion of Remington Steele in 1987, Brosnan went on to star in several films, including The Fourth Protocol (1987), The Deceivers, and James Clavell’s Noble House, both in 1988, and The Lawnmower Man in (1992).
- Brosnan’s first job after Bond was as Daniel Rafferty in 2004’s Laws of Attraction. Brosnan co-starred in After the Sunset with Salma Hayek and Woody Harrelson the same year.
- Similarly, Brosnan narrated Michael Apted’s The Official Film of the 2006 FIFA World Cup in 2006.
- Actor Brosnan co-starred in the 2007 picture Seraphim Falls with fellow Irishman Liam Neeson.
- Brosnan co-starred with Meryl Streep in the 2008 film adaption of the ABBA musical Mamma Mia!
- In 2009, Brosnan completed the well-received The Ghost Writer, in which he portrayed a disgraced British Prime Minister and was directed and produced by Roman Polanski. At the Berlin International Film Festival, the film received a Silver Bear.
- In 2017, Brosnan co-starred in The Foreigner with Jackie Chan as Liam Hennessy, a former IRA member turned government employee.
- In 2018, Brosnan co-starred in Spinning Man, a mystery thriller film based on George Harrar’s novel of the same name, alongside Guy Pearce and Minnie Driver. He then reprised his role as Sam Carmichael in Catherine Johnson’s Mamma Mia! The sequel, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, alongside the rest of the original cast members.
Upcoming Movie Projects
- Brosnan will star with Jesse Eisenberg and Vanessa Redgrave in The Wreck of the Medusa, a historical period drama based on Jonathan Miles’ novel.
- Similarly, Brosnan was cast as Doctor Fate/Kent Nelson in the DC Extended Universe film Black Adam in March 2021.
Who is Pierce Brosnan Wife?| Personal Life
Brosnan has been married twice and widowed once. He has five children and three grandkids as well.
He met Cassandra Harris, an Australian actress, through her stepson David Harris, the nephew of Richard Harris. They began dating soon after. They tied the knot in December 1980. Sean, the wonderful couple’s only child, was born on September 13, 1983. Sean is also an actor.
Pierce and Harris also shared a home with Harris’ daughters, Charlotte and son Chris, whom Brosnan adopted after their father, Dermot Harris, died in 1986.
Harris become very sick in 1987. She was later diagnosed with ovarian cancer and passed away on December 28, 1991, at the age of 43. After the death of his first wife, Brosnan struggled to cope with the demise of his wife. On June 28, 2013, his adoptive daughter Charlotte also died of ovarian cancer.
Brosnan met American journalist Keely Shaye Smith in Mexico in 1994. They married in Ballintubber Abbey in Ireland in 2001. They have two kids, Dylan and Paris, together.
Pierce Brosnan Net Worth
As of 2021, Pierce Brosnan’s net worth is $200 million. He is a well-known actor, and his major source of income comes from his appearances in various television shows and films, as well as brand endorsements.
However, given that this great actor shows no signs of slowing down, Pierce’s net worth can only rise in the future.
Salary and Earnings from James Bond Films: In all, Pierce Brosnan made about $48 million as James Bond.
- Pierce received $4 million for his role in the Goldeneye movie in 1995.
- After that, he made $8.2 million for the movie Tomorrow Never Dies.
- For The movie World Is Not Enough he received $12.4 million,
- While for Die Another Day he received $16.5 million.
Pierce purchased a $600,000 in Malibu house on his own in 1996. In 2012, he sold his home for $2.6 million.
The Brosnan’s purchased a home in Malibu in 2000. They ultimately purchased the adjacent land and constructed a 13,000 square-foot Tahitian-style house. Pierce and Keely have rented the property for $250,000 per month throughout the summer.
In 2015, a fire damaged a portion of the house. The house was devastated again in November 2019 during the Woolsey Fire, which destroyed most of Malibu.
Similarly, Pierce and Keeley plan to sell their Malibu home for $100 million in September 2020.
Pierce Brosnan Instagram
Pierce, like many other actors, thinks that social media is an essential aspect of an actor’s life. Social media aids in the promotion of their name in the mainstream media.
Not to mention, it’s an excellent method for them to stay in touch with their audiences and keep them informed. As a result, he used social media, and he now maintains profiles on two platforms: Instagram and Twitter.
Instagram: 1.6 million followers
Twitter: 123k followers