Although Kerri Green may not be familiar to Millenials, those born in the 1970s and 1980s may recall her as cheerleader Andy Carmichael in the cult classic film The Goonies, which released in 1985. The movie also starred the famous actor Lord of the Rings actor, Sean Astin.
Kerri is also a well-known filmmaker of her time. Her other best-known movies were Summer Rental in 1985 and Lucas in 1986. The actress also wrote and co-directed the movie, Bellyfruit in 1999.
Green last appeared as Michelle in one episode of the American crime-drama show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Since then, the actress has been missing in movies.
Kerri has never sought recognition or popularity. Instead, the actress has concentrated her efforts and attention on her family. Moreover, she appears to find more enjoyment in her private life than in the spotlight.
What does she do today, Is she married, and Where is she? Continue reading to learn more about the actress.
Table of Contents
Kerri Green: Quick Facts
|Kerri Lee Green
|Date of Birth
|January 14, 1967
|Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States
|5 feet 2 inch
|Bachelors degree in Fine Arts
|Social Media Presence
Kerri Green Bio | Education And Early Life
On January 14, 1967, Kerri Lee Green was born. The actress was born and raised in her hometown, Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States. Sadly, there is very little information available on how she lived her formative years or her relations. The woman is reluctant to discuss her personal life or her childhood. Her parents’ and siblings’ information is also unavailable to the public.
Green attended Pascack Hills High School in Montvale as a kid. She relocated to Poughkeepsie, New York, after graduating from high school to attend Vassar College. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from there. The actress was regarded as an artistic youngster who was highly interested in performing from a young age.
In 1984, Kerri opted to forego summer camp to attend some film auditions in New York City. The audition tape drew the notice of none other than Steven Spielberg, who cast her as Andy in Richard Donner’s adventure film The Goonies, which became one of the year’s biggest successes.
Age And Body Measurements
Kerri Green is 54 years old as of May 2021. Like other aspects of her life, even the details about her workout diet are still unknown to the public. However, here are some of the information that we can enlighten with.
This stunning actress is relatively short and measures 5 feet 2inches tall, and weighs around 52 kilograms. The diva supposedly leads a healthy life as her body measures 38-25-35 inches, even at 54.
Her lovely grin is one of her distinct features. Her gorgeous brown eyes are lovely, as is her gorgeous hair. Furthermore, this lovely actress wears a shoe size 8 (US) and fits nicely in a dress size 4 (US).
- Kerri decided to pursue acting as a career in 1984 at the age of 18.
- Instead of attending summer camp with her peers, the actress chose to go for the audition.
- Steven Spielberg noticed her audition and cast her for The Goonies as Andy, a cheerleader turned adventurer. The film was a huge hit, propelling Kerri and her co-stars Sean Astin and Corey Feld to stardom.
- The movie is about a group of friends who unearth an old treasure map that sends them on a quest to uncover the long-lost money of a 17th-century pirate to rescue their homes from foreclosure.
- According to IMDb, the Steven Spielberg film was one of the decade’s biggest blockbusters, grossing more than $63million worldwide.
- One of her other earliest acting endeavours was the comedy picture Summer Rental, released by Paramount Pictures in It starred her as the daughter of a stressed-out air traffic controller played by John Candy.
- The actress followed it up with a highly lauded performance in the 1986film Lucas, in which she was the centre of a love triangle, including Charlie Sheen and Corey Haim.
- The film generally garnered favourable reviews, but it was not a box office hit. Green was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her performance, which was regarded as one of the finest high school performances ever.
- Kerri received mixed reviews for her performance in the 1987film Three For The Road, which also starred Alan Ruck and Charlie Sheen. Still, she went on to act in numerous television projects over the next few years, including a cameo appearance in an episode of In the Heat of the Night.
- Green became famous with young females due to her depictions of the carefree-adventurous girl onscreen.
- However, her next film Three for the Road was not as well-received as her previous ventures, and Kerri opted to focus more on her schooling rather than being dependent on the success of films in which she featured.
- She also worked on the indie film Blue Flame, which is about two attractive aliens who live inside a police officer’s mind.
- Shortly after, she appeared in two episodes of the sitcom Mad About You, playing the secretary to Paul Reiser’s character.
- The actress also appeared in one episode of each of the following shows: the American tv sitcom Café Americain, the crime-drama series Murder, She Wrote, and the medical drama series
- Green and Bonnie Dickensoneventually co-founded Independent Women Artists, a film production firm. The actress co-wrote and directed Bellyfruit, a cinematic version of a play about teen pregnancy, with Dickenson in
- Kerri made her final appearance in one episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in
Kerri Green has kept her personal life very secretive; therefore, very little is known about her. For certain, the only thing we know is that she married in the late 1990s and has two children. Her partner’s name and the ages and names of her children are not publicly known. Reportedly, she and her family currently live in Los Angeles.
Interestingly there is nothing available about her past relationship other than the marriage. Looking at her charm and beauty there might be a lot of people who would have been keen to hold her hand. But the secrecy of Kerri is quite understandable. If something fruitful pops up readers will be made aware.
Net Worth | How Much Does Kerri Green Earn?
The actress’s net worth is estimated to be around $2 million, which is quite a lot. It could be said that most of this money was gained during the making of The Goonies, which was one of the finest and highest-grossing films of 1985. Her most active period of work was in the 1980s and 1990s.
Although she was quite popular in the 1980s, Kerri Green has been out of the public eye for more than a decade, which has not harmed her net worth of around $2 million, which she earned from other popular performances in Summer Rental, Lucas, and others.
Kerri might have talked openly about her net worth but the diva has used the silent mantle when it comes to the annual income. Being one of the lead actresses, the diva surely makes money from acting on the screen. Not only that the brand promotions and endorsements are also on her side.
Hopefully, she will come forward someday to discuss not only her annual income but also the assets like house, cars and other wealth she possesses in her.
In her initial days, the actress has also worked as a young actor by working behind the scenes at her production business, Independent Women Artists, which has also added to the actress’s net worth.
Social Media Presence | Is Kerri Green Active On Social Media?
Kerri avoids revealing intimate data and avoids being seen publicly, including on social media sites. She doesn’t have an active social media presence since she prefers to stay out of the spotlight. Hopefully, she will change her mind and begin sharing events from her personal life and business with her admirers in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old was Kerri Green when she starred in The Goonies?
The actress was 18 years old when she appeared in The Goonies, and currently, she is 54 years old.
- How much is Kerri Green’s net worth?
The American actor, writer, and director Kerri Green have a net worth of $2 million.
- What is Kerri Green up to these days?
She has co-founded Independent Women Artists, a film production firm, and currently resides in Los Angeles with her husband and two children.
- Is Kerri Green married?
Yes, Kerri is married, but there is no information about her husband.