Jonathan Ke Quan is a Vietnamese-American stuntman and actor. Quan is most known for his roles as Richard Wang in the adventure comedy films, The Goonies, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
As a stunt choreographer, Quan participated in the production of the superhero film X-Men. Jonathan is also well-known for his appearances in various television shows, the most notable of which being his portrayal of Sam in Together We Stand. His contributions to Hollywood, Japanese, Taiwanese, and South Korean movies have earned him the title of a world superstar.
Despite his celebrity status, he is recognized for being humble and soft-spoken. He is a very private guy who does not want to discuss personal details with the public.
So, do you want to learn more about this retired actor, from his upbringing to where he has gone since quitting the entertainment industry, as well as specifics about his personal life? If yes, then stick around as we introduce you to this award-winning actor.
Jonathan Ke Quan: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Jonathan Luke Ke Huy Quan|
|NickName||Jonathan Ke Quan|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1971|
|Birth Place||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Father’s Name||Under review|
|Mother’s Name||Under review|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches|
|Ethnicity||Han Chinese (Hoa)|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Shoe Size||Under review|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
Table of Contents
Jonathan Ke Quan Bio | Education And Early Life
Jonathan Ke Quan was born on August 20, 1971, as Quan K Huy in Saigon, now known as Ho Chi Minh City, South Vietnam. Quan has a total of eight siblings. He, his siblings, and their parents immigrated to the United States at a young age due to the political turmoil in his native country. After being granted political asylum, the family relocated to Alhambra, California.
Quan attended Mount Gleason Jr. High and Alhambra High School in California. He went to the University of Southern California School of Cinematic Arts after high school. He later graduated from the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom. The actor is proficient in Vietnamese, Mandarin, English, and Cantonese. He’s of Han Chinese (Hoa) ancestry.
Aside from that, most information regarding Quan’s parents, siblings, and life before stardom is yet to unravel. The silence and the will to not share any information with the public is quite understandable and respectable at the same time.
Age And Body Measurements
Jonathan Ke Quan is an actor who breaks all the stereotypes as he does all of his stunts be it martial arts, karates and is not the tallest of the blokes going around. But the talented actor has done everything right to keep himself in shape be it from the gym or also the healthy diet.
Jonathan stands at 5ft 4inches, which is equal to 1.63m, while he weighs approximately 150lbs or 68kg. Unfortunately, his body statistics are unknown in the media, though we know that he has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Even though Jonathan is famous and there are a lot of well-wishers of the man, he loves to maintain the distinction between professional life and personal life. If anything significant on his body measurements comes up readers will be made aware.
- Jonathan Ke Quan made his acting debut at the age of 12in the 1984 action-adventure picture Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom starring Harrison Ford and Kate Capshaw. His character was Indiana Jones’s sidekick, which helped him advance as an actor by giving him adequate screen time.
- Steven Spielberg, the director, was so pleased with his abilities that soon after, he landed the part of Richard “Data” Wang, an inventor, in the adventure comedy film The Goonies.
- Then the actor was cast as Sam in the short-lived television series Together We Stand in 1986.
- Jonathan went on to have a great career after these two appearances, including as Sam in the TV comedy series Nothing Is Easy from 1986 to 1987 and subsequently as Jasper Kwong in another TV comedy series, Head of the Class.
- In 1989, the actor appeared in another Japanese film named Cousin Dave Stole the Cookie.
- He was at the pinnacle of his profession at the time, but as the 1990s continued, his acting career began to decline, and he became more focused on other concerns.
- Jonathan only made a few appearances in the 1990s, including a minor role in the TV series Tales from the Crypt in 1991, then as Kim in the comedy film Encino Man.
- Then he also appeared in the film Breathing Fire. In 1992, he had a small part in the film Encino Man.
- Quan then starred in a 40-episode Mandarin language TV drama called The Big Eunuch and the Little Carpenter.
- In 1996, Quan appeared in the Hong Kong/Vietnam cooperation Red Pirate.
- And his final on-screen appearance was in the fantasy drama romantic film Second Time Around in 2002, in which he co-starred with Cecilia Cheung and Ekin Cheng; after this, Quan retired as an actor.
- Since then, Jonathan has focused more on martial arts, as he already knew taekwondo at the start of his career, having trained with Philip Tan and Tao-Liang Tan.
- After mastering this martial technique, Jonathan moved on to film stunts, where he collaborated with several celebrities, including Jet Li.
- Then in January 2020, Quan was revealed as a cast member of the forthcoming science fiction film Everything Everywhere All at Once.
Personal Life| Who Is Jonathan Ke Quan Dating?
Well, Jonathan is one of those celebs who aren’t particularly open about disclosing information from their personal lives, but we were still able to learn some intriguing information about him. Jonathan is a married guy, and his wife’s name is Corina Ke Quan, but there is no more information on this pair, such as whether or not they have children or when and where they married.
Not only the secrecy about the date and place of marriage but anything on the engagement and how they met is also under the radar. Looking at the physicality of Jonathan, he might have dated quite a number of women during his prime.
The information on it is also hidden just like the individual at this point. After getting married though, he seems to be settled and is living a very life with his loved ones.
Net Worth | How Much Does Jonathan Ke Quan Earn?
Jonathan was active professionally from the mid-1980s to the early 2000s, during which time he featured in several popular productions, progressively increasing his fortune. According to the sources, Jonathan’s net worth might be as high as $1 million, which is fairly respectable given that he hasn’t been active in quite some time.
Due to the silent nature of Ke Quan, it is hard to find out what he exactly does at this point in time. It has been decades since he has not been in the showbiz world so the accuracy on how he earns his net worth is a hard cookie to crack.
With the age and the abilities to do the movies and stunts are lowering, it will be interesting to see if he comes back to the silver screen once again. By the time he has been away from it, one thing can be said that his return will be more than a surprise for all of his fans.
Not only the net worth but anything on the annual income or the assets be it the cars, houses are also far from the eyes of the media. His nature to keep a fine line between everything has led to secrecy. Hope someday he comes out with the revelation.
Social Media Presence | Is Jonathan Ke Quan Active On Social Media?
Quan avoids disclosing personal information and being visible publicly, even on social networking platforms. The actor has no active social media presence since he tries to avoid the limelight. Hopefully, he will reconsider and begin sharing events from her personal and professional lives with her followers in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Jonathan Ke Quan up to these days?
Quan is now a stunt coordinator on the X-Men franchise. Other than one in a Hong Kong film, Quan’s final job was in the fantasy drama romantic film Second Time Around in 2002. And as of 2021, the actor is also shooting for his upcoming movie, Everything Everywhere All at Once.
- What is the net value of Jonathan Ke Quan?
Jonathan Ke Quan is a Vietnamese-American actor with a $1 million net worth.
- Is Jonathan Ke Quan married?
Jonathan is happily married, and his wife’s name is Corina Ke Quan, but there is no more information on this pair, such as whether or not they have children or when and where they married.
- How old is Jonathan Ke Quan?
Jonathan, who was born on August 20, 1971, is 49 years old in May 2021.