Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa, also known as Jason Momoa, is an American actor, model, and producer best known for his performances in the television shows Baywatch Hawaii and Stargate: Atlantis. Jason Momoa Baywatch is highly popular among the others.
In the light of his acting his portrayal of Khal Drogo in the HBO series Game of Thrones boosted his fame and catapulted his career to new heights, attracting producers and mainstream viewers’ attention.
He started as a model before moving into acting. Takeo, an international fashion designer, spotted him and urged him to pursue a modeling career. He was quickly at the pinnacle of his modeling career and crowned Hawaii’s Model of the Year, thanks to his excellent looks and beautiful body. Before pursuing acting jobs, he walked the runway at numerous renowned fashion events.
In terms of performing, his leading role in the film Conan the Barbarian led to other film parts, making him a busy performer. He landed the lead role in Baywatch Hawaii in 1999 after beating out over 1,000 other actors who auditioned for the position.
Momoa took a break from acting when the program finished in 2001 to explore the world. On a journey to Tibet during this period, he found Buddhism. He finally returned to acting and is presently working on several projects.
Jason Momoa: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa|
|Date of Birth||August 1, 1979|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, USA|
|Age||41 years old|
|Father’s Name||Joseph Momoa|
|Mother’s Name||Coni Momoa|
|Body Measurements||Under review|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||14 (US)|
|Education||Graduate in Wildlife Biology|
|Net Worth||$ 4 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram and Twitter|
Jason Momoa Baywatch | Career
1998 – 2009
- Takeo Kobayashi, a renowned fashion designer, found Jason Momoa in 1998.
- Kobayashi urged the young guy to pursue a career in modeling. Momoa was named Hawaii’s Model of the Year in 1999for his efforts. He then went on to emcee the Miss Teen Hawaii pageant.
- He was cast as Jason Ioane in the action drama television series Baywatch Hawaii in 1999. Jason was a two-season regular on the show, appearing in all 38 episodes.
- This was his debut appearance on film. In 2001, the program came to an end.
- Then in 2003, he appeared in the television film Baywatch: Hawaiian Wedding, reprising his role as Jason Ioane.
- In the same year, he starred as Kala in another television film, Tempted.
- Later in 2004, he made his cinematic debut in Christopher Erskin‘s Johnson Family Vacation.
- In the same year, he was cast in Frankie Seau’s role on North Shore, appearing in 21
- His stardom rose even further when he was cast as Ronon Dex in the military science fiction television series Stargate: Atlantis in 2005, for which he had to study martial arts.
- All five seasons of Stargate: Atlantis, based on the 1994blockbuster film Stargate, were shown on Sci-Fi Channel in the United States. In 2009, the show came to an end.
- Ronon Dex, his persona, had his trademark dreadlocks, which were pretty thick. Because his dreadlocks were causing him headaches and neck discomfort, he asked the producers for permission to chop them off before season five began.
2010 – 2016
- The producers opted to maintain the character’s dreadlocks for the first three episodes and stitched them into his hair.
- They opted to remove the locks when it became a nine-hour process and too uncomfortable for Momoa. He eventually began wearing a wig with dreads sewn on it, and a bespoke wig was created for him.
- He was hired as Roman in four episodes of the comedic drama series The Game in 2010, shortly after the conclusion of Stargate: Atlantis.
- Momoa was praised for his outstanding performance in the fantasy drama series Game of Thrones.
- Khal Drogo, his fictitious character, became an instant sensation. To make the character more intriguing, he also offered his thoughts. Peter Dinklage, Maisie Williams, Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, and Sophie Turner also appeared in the series.
- Momoa earned even more renown for depicting the savage tribal chieftain as the program became an immediate smash.
- He was nominated for the Scream Award for Best Ensemble and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, and the CinemaCon Award for Male Rising Star.
- Momoa appeared in the suspense film Road to Paloma in 2014, which he directed, co-wrote, and starred in. Sarah Shahi, Lisa Bonet, Michael Raymond-James, and Wes Studi all feature in the film, which premiered at the 2014 Sarasota Film Festival.
- From 2014to 2016, he resumed his television career, appearing in the Sundance Channel drama The Red Road and Drunk History. He played pirate Jean Lafitte and athlete Jim Thorpe, respectively.
2017 – present
- In the 2017 film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, he played the superhero Aquaman.
- In the same year, he starred as Miami Man, a cannibal in Ana Lily Amirpour’s horror film The Bad Batch.
- He also starred as Joe Bright in Richard Gray’s thriller Sugar Mountain, which was written and directed by Abe Pogos.
- In 2016, he appeared in 12episodes of the television series Frontier. He was also the show’s executive producer. Momoa was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Dramatic Role for his portrayal of Declan Harp, which received critical praise.
- Additionally, he appeared in two films in 2017: Once Upon a Time in Venice and Justice League, in which he reprised his role as Aquaman. He appeared in the Lin Oeding film Braven in 2018.
- In the television series Stargate Atlantis, Jason Momoa portrayed Ronon Dex, a fictitious character.
- The program, which Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper created, was an instant smash, and his character became well-known for his outstanding performance and trademark dreadlocks.
- The show garnered positive reviews and was particularly successful in Europe and Australia. During its five-season run, it received several accolades and nominations.
Jason Momoa Bio | Education And Early Life
On August 1, 1979, in Honolulu, Hawaii, Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa was born to Coni, a photographer, and Joseph Momoa, a painter. Similarly, the actor was raised by his mother in Norwalk, Iowa, as the only child of his parents.
In like manner during his college years in Iowa, he majored in marine biology. Later, he changed his emphasis to wildlife biology at Colorado State University. Since he was a child, he has traveled widely. In Paris, he studied pastel painting, and in Tibet, he was introduced to Buddhist teachings.
Furthermore, Jason Momoa’s father is a Native Hawaiian, and his mother is of European and Native American descent.
Age And Body Measurements
Jason has a highly appealing personality as well as physical characteristics. He’s a giant guy. He stands over 193 cm (6 feet and 4 inches) tall. Additionally, his eyes are green, and his hair is brown. He wears his beard in a French cut and has a noticeable cut mark on his left brow. Also, he is a really attractive man.
Moreover, his chest size is 48 inches, his waist size is 34 inches, and his bicep size is 19 inches. Similarly, as of June 2021, the Baywatch actor is 41 years old.
Unlike other celebrities, Jason is a very stable man who does not jump from one relationship to another. Let’s have a look at his fairy tale love life.
In 2005, Jason Momoa began dating actress Lisa Bonet. Their daughter Lola Iolani Momoa was born on July 23, 2007. In the same way on December 15, 2008, their son, Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa, was born. In October of 2017, the pair married lawfully.
Net Worth | How Much Does Jason Momoa Earn?
This well-known actress and model have a net worth of $4 million as of 2021. He earns a good living as a result of his career. His actual remuneration has yet to be revealed, but it will be soon. He is a great success in both his personal and professional lives.
Social Media Presence | Is Jason Momoa Active On Social Media?
Jason Momoa spends quite a lot of time on social media. Together with that, he has a big fan following on social media due to the huge popularity of his shows like Baywatch and Game of Thrones. He is currently active on two social media platforms – Instagram and Twitter.
Instagram – 15.8 million followers
Twitter – 27.9 k followers
Interesting Facts About Jason Momoa
- Jason’s Mamo’s most famous tattoo is a half-sleeve on his left forearm that pays homage to Hawaiian mythology’s “aumakua.”
- Moreover, he’s an enthusiastic rock climber with his own climbing gear company.
- Likewise, he also runs a company that sells canned water.
- Momoa’s YouTube channel provides fans a behind-the-scenes look at his life.
- In the music video for the Prince of Darkness’ 2020 single “Scary,” Momoa portrays Ozzy Osbourne.
- Jason Momoa is an instrumentalist in addition to his many other talents.
- In a similar manner, Jason Momoa is unexpectedly friendly with Lenny Kravitz, his wife Lisa Bonet’s ex-husband.