Guy Fieri is a famous restaurateur whose franchise has spread worldwide. He is a fantastic tv presenter who also tends to have the impeccable skills to present the tv show.
Currently, he owns three lavish restaurants all over California, and hosts show such as The Food Network. It is also a prime-time show that attracts male viewers more than any other show on the network.
Guy has also authored some cookbooks to build a reputation as a chef. Today we are going to reveal about this famous person in detail. Let’s take a look at some quick facts;
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Guy Ramsay Ferry
|Date of Birth
|January 22, 1968
|Columbus, Ohio, United States
|54 years old
|Lewis James Ferry
|Penelope Anne Ferry
|Morgan “Mimi” Fieri
|5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
|85 kg or 187.5 lbs
|University of Nevada, Las Vegas
|Social Media Presence
Who Is Guy Fieri?- Parents, Siblings, Childhood, and Education
This most paid chef in the world was born in the wonderful place of Columbus, Ohio. He was born to his mother, Penelope Anne, while his father was Lewi James Ferry. He is blessed to have a young sister Morgan.
Later on, he spent his childhood in the Ferndale, Humboldt County, California. As a matter of fact, he accomplished his education in France as a foreign exchange student.
It was also the time when he developed his interest in cooking food and discovering new things about them. After that, Guy enrolled at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. There he received his graduated in Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management in the year 1990.
What Is The Real Name of Guy Fieri? How Old Is He?
This American chef often goes by the name of Guy Ramsay Ferry. He later changed his surname to Fieri to honor his late grandfather.
Not to mention Guy’s grandfather had changed his name when he immigrated to New York from Italy several years ago. He was born in 1968, and in 2021, Guy is 54 years old.
Despite this old age, there is still fire in how he speaks and performs in Tv shows. Recently he celebrated his birthday on the 22nd day of January.
Therefore he falls under the sun sign of Aquarius. According to this sign, Fieri is hard working, kind, and strict regarding food.
Moreover, Guy stands tall at a height of 5 feet 10 inches which converts to 178 cm general. Added to that, he has a bodyweight measuring about 187.5 pounds, which converts to 85 kg.
The most distinctive feature f this chef is his dyed spiked hair, a goatee, and tattoos on both his arms. Along with that, he is often sorted, wearing ear studs and rings around his ears.
Furthermore, Fieriei has light brown hair, which he often dyes in blonde color. Even more, he is blessed to have a pair of hazel eyes.
Guy Fieri Cookbooks
- Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: An All-American Road Trip… With Recipes
- Guy Fieri Food
- More Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives: Another Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America’s Finest and Funkiest
- Guy on Fire: 130 Recipes for Adventures in Outdoor Cooking
- Guy Fieri Family Food: Kitchen-Tested, Home Approved
- Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: The Funky Finds in Flavortown
Who Is The Wife of Guy Fieri? Are They Still Married?
As much as Guy is successful in his profession, he has also tasted success in his love life. Once upon a time, Guy was running a restaurant in Long Beach where he encountered Lori Fieri for the first time.
He was talking to Lori’s friend when she came behind, giving him the mean mug. The three chatted for some time when Lori revealed that she was visiting her friend while making a country move from Rhode Island to Southern California.
Soon Fieri knew she was the one, and once Lori saw his cooking, she was captivated by his skills. Until now, they do not remember what Guy had cooked for her, but Lori was surprised by the chef’s effort in making the food.
Lori was a food enthusiast, and cooking those fancy dishes won her heart. Within a matter of time, they started going out, and the next thing they knew, they married. Luckily this lovey-dovey couple has been married for more than 25 years.
Do They Have Kids? Where Are They?
Lori and Guy were delighted to have their first kid on August 13, 1996. They called their eldest son Hunter. In the same year, this chef opened his restaurant, Johnny Garlic, in his hometown, California.
Little did they know that Guy’s passion for food was passed down to his son. Hunter followed in his father’s footsteps and became a reputable chef like his father. In an interview, he revealed that,
“I want to follow the same path because I feel like I can kill it with that. I want it all and want to open my own restaurants and to have things that I created and things my dad created and run this empire.”
After a decade of having Hunter in their life, they were happy to welcome their second child named Ryder on 31 December 2005. Although she is not a chef, Ryder often appears in her father’s show.
Ryder has been featured on shows such as Guy’s Family Road rip, Guy; ‘s Famly Cruise, and Guy’s Big Bite, to mention a few.
What Is The Net Worth of Guy Fieri? What Is His Salary?
According to reliable resources, this marvelous chef makes about $3000 per hour from his work on the Food Network. Along with that, he has also signed a contract worth $80 million.
Prior to this, Fieri had signed a three-year contract for $30 million and surprisingly got an instant $50 million raise. When he first arrived in the flavor town as a Next Food Network Star contestant in 2006, a source offered him to put on a show titled Guy’s Big Bite.
During that time, his salary was $6000, which he makes in two hours. Not to mention when he was working n Drive-Ins and Dives, the show succeeded in generating $230 million in ad revenue.
In 2021, Guy had an astounding net worth of $40 million. This is all thanks to his work and business endeavors. As a matter of fact, this man has raised more than $25 million for food industry workers who were unemployed during the time of COVID.
During that time, he granted more than $3000 out-of-work cooks and servers a sum of $500. It appears that this man has a kind heart too.
Guy Fieri Was accused of Being Homophobic.
In 2011, this chef was accused of being homophobic by the producer of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was reported that once a guy left the restaurant because some gay couple owned it.
The chef also said that people could not send him to talk to gay people without warning him at first. Surprisingly gay people tend to weird him out.
However, Guy’s team later claimed that the rumors were false as Fieris is a standup guy who does right by people. Even more, Kari Kloster also said that the whole shooting would be different if there had been some homosexuals in the restaurant,
Guy Fieri Is a Terrible Boss
According to Guys’ staff, it was revealed that his persona could be deceiving. Although he is the best person to hang out with, is down to earth, and probably knows the best place to get a burger, he is ill-mannered with the staff members.
The chef is also widely known for making inappropriate jokes around women and was a bit of a tyrant regarding his show’s employees.
The guy always has weird requests at all hours of the day and makes them stay to work late. Even more, the star didn’t even accept plane tickets from the airlines he was not fond o.
Although the crew had a busy schedule, Guy often rearranged shoots to have his hair colored. The production worker also claimed that he was not adored by most of the team.
Social Media Presence
Instagram: 1.8 million followers
- He loathes eggs. Whenever he goes to any restaurant, the chef tries to avoid food that contains eggs.
- He started eating sushi as a young kid. His father hugely influenced his cooking and always challenged him to try new things.
- Once, he dreamed of making kids cooking shows before it was popular in his time. He said kids love cooking as much as we do.
- As a ten years old kid, he opened a lucrative mobile pretzel cart. His father and Guy made pretzels to have enough funds to buy him a bicycle. His pretzels were sold for $0.50 each.
- At 16, Guy migrated to chantilly to enhance his cutlery skills. For six years, he washed dishes and sold pretzels. Soon he saved enough to have a trip to the international food mecca.
- When Fiery was ten, a horse bucked and stomped on him. This accident damaged his heart and liver. Therefore he has a scar on his stomach.
- Luckily in May 2019, he received a Hollywood Walk of Fame. He became the third chef to have that star after Wolfgang Puck and Bobby Flay.
- In 2011, Melissa McCarthy revealed that her role in Bridesmaids was based on Guy. She said she used to wear shorts all the time and have spiky hair.
- When Florida announced the same-sex marriage rule in 2015, Guy, along with friend Art Smith, conducted a free event in Miami. In the event, about 101 same-sex couples were invited. The ceremony had seven tiered wedding cakes, crab-stuffed avocados, and fried chicken.
- Fieri is not a big fan of breakfast and only does breakfast a couple of times a month.
- He grew up as a vegetarian. His family used to eat many vegetables, and now he is a veggie machine.