Shakira is a Colombian singer, songwriter, and International artist. Along with her Shakira children are famous too. Shakira has been nicknamed the “Queen of Latin Music” and is known for her musical versatility.
This gorgeous made her recording debut with Sony Music Colombia when she was thirteen. Shakira children are two in number. Singer Shakira has two beautiful children with her partner Gerard Pique.
Shakira gave birth to the couple’s first child, Milan, on January 22, 2013, in Barcelona, Spain, where the family had relocated. On January 29, 2015, Shakira gave birth to their second son, Sasha.
Let’s go with us on this journey of Shakira and become a successful global artist. Let’s discover her life, career, age, personal life, net worth, and social media presence.
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll|
|Date of Birth||2 Feb 1977|
|Birth Place||Barranquilla, Colombia|
|Father’s Name||William Mebarak Chadid|
|Mother’s Name||Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado|
|Sibling||Tonio Mebarak, Antonio Mebarak, Patricia Mebarak, Lucy Mebarak, Ana Mebarak, Moises Mebarak, Alberto Mebarak, Edward Mebarak, and Robin Mebarak.|
|Height||5’2″ (157 cm)|
|Weight||53 kg (117 pounds)|
|Education||University Drop out|
|Body Measurements||34-24-37 inches or 86.3-60.9-93.9 cm.|
|Shoe Size||7 (U.S.) or 37.5 (E.U.) or 5 (U.K.)|
|Dress Size||4 (U.S.) or 36 (E.U.) or 8 (U.K.)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Brown (Dyed blonde)|
|Husband/ Partner||Gerard Pique|
|Children||Sasha Pique Mebarak, Milan Pique Mebarak|
|Net Worth||$300 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
Shakira Children, Personal Life, and Relationship
In 2011, Shakira began a relationship with Gerard Piqué, a center-back for Barcelona and the Spanish national team. In 2010, Pique appeared in the music video for Shakira’s song “Waka Waka,” which served as the official opening music for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Pique, who is exactly ten years younger than her. Shakira gave birth to the couple’s first child, Milan, on January 22, 2013, in Barcelona, Spain, where the family had relocated.
On January 29, 2015, Shakira gave birth to their second son, Sasha. Shakira and Piqué were named one of the “World’s Most Powerful Couples” by Forbes.
Shakira children are more of the lookalike of the parents. She was in a long-term relationship with lawyer Antonio de la Rua before ending the association in 2011.
Shakira Parents, Siblings, and More
Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is the full name of Shakira. Singer Shakira was born on February 2, 1977, in Barranquilla, Colombia.
She was born to William Mebarak Chadid and Nidia Ripoll Torrado and was the only child of her parents. Shakira’s ancestors are from Colombia and Lebanon, and she also has Italian ancestors.
Her father’s previous marriage resulted in eight older half-siblings for her. Shakira spent much of her childhood in Barranquilla, a city on Colombia’s northern Caribbean coast.
Shakira’s success has been attributed to her high I.Q., reported at 140 by the entertainment press. A Colombian musician has had success in both the Spanish and English-speaking markets and became among the most successful Latin American recording artists by the early 2000s.
Shakira established herself as one of the world’s leading & Commercial Successful singers.
How Old Is Shakira? Age and Body Measurement
Shakira, born in 1977, will be 45 years old in 2022. As previously stated, we should not underestimate a 5’2″ or 157 cm Colombian girl who is here to rule the world and weighs approximately 63 Kg or 117 pounds.
She often shows her gorgeous figure by posting pictures on Instagram. Being an extremely talented dancer and is quite naturally curved.
Shakira’s body is the epitome of femininity, with measurements of 34-24-37 inches or 86.3-60.9-93.9 cm. Her body proportions are a perfect representation of her most famous song, Hips Don’t Lie.
After giving birth to two babies, she looks fabulous. Of course, she worked hard for it. In addition, she wears dress size 4 (U.S.) or 36 (E.U.) or 8 (U.K.) and shoe size 7 (U.S.) or 37.5 (E.U.) or 5 (U.K.).
Shakira Early Life and Childhood
Shakira’s first poem, “La rosa de cristal,” was written when she was four years old, and she received her first typewriter when she was seven years old and has been writing poetry ever since.
Born in Colombia to a Lebanese father and a native Colombian mother. Shakira began belly dancing at a very young life. By age 10, Shakira was writing songs and competing in talent shows.
She was four when she went to a Middle Eastern restaurant and found Doumbek. Doumbek is a traditional drum used in traditional music accompanied by belly dancing.
The experience convinced her that Shakira wanted to be a performer. Her vibrato was too strong, so she was rejected by the school choir. Singer Shakira was invited to various events in Barranquilla.
Monica Ariza, a theatre producer, discovered her at the time and attempted to help her career. Shakira sang and danced to entertain her teachers and classmates, earning her the nickname “belly dancer girl.”
Shakira attended La Ensenanza School in Barranquilla and other Catholic schools. Eventually, at UCLA Extensions, she took a summer class and did study Western Civilization history.
- Shakira recorded her first debut album, Magia when she was 13 years old. Even though the album did not accomplish well commercially, it provided her with significant exposure. Similarly, her second album was also not much of a success.
- Shakira first recorded “Dónde Estás Corazón?” for the 1994 compilation album Nuestro Rock, only available in Colombia.
- The song was an instant hit on Colombian radio stations and Sony’s last chance to overcome previous commercial failures.
- House of Gucci: Trailer, Starcast, Release Date, Reggiani, and Gucci Response
- Her third album, ‘Pies Descalzos,’ was released in 1996, and the album spawned six hit singles and received positive critical acclaim.
- To promote her album, she embarked on a tour called ‘Tour Pies Descalzos.’
- Her next album, “Donde Estan Los Ladrones?’ was released.
- The album was one of the best-selling Spanish-language albums in the United States. It sold over seven million copies worldwide.
- In 2001, she released the album Laundry Service,’ which marked her first foray into the English-language market.
- The album featured Latin rock and Latin pop styles, and its lead single ‘Whenever, Wherever’ topped the ‘U.S. Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
- Her debut album in Spanish, ‘Fijacion Oral, Vol. 1’ was released in June 2005
- In November, it will be two ′. The latter’s single ‘Hips Don’t Lie’ peaked at number one on the ‘U.S. Billboard Hot 100’ and became her signature song.
- In November 2006, she won four Latin Grammy Awards.
- Shakira was named the fourth highest-earning female artist in the music industry by Forbes in early 2008.
- Her album, ‘She Wolf,’ was released in 2009 and drastically differed from her earlier works, with components of electropop, dancehall, and world styles.
- Shakira performed at the Lincoln Memorial’s “We Are One” celebrations in honor of President Barack Obama’s inauguration in January 2009. She sang “Higher Ground” alongside Stevie Wonder and Usher.
- She performed ‘Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)’ with the South African band ‘Freshlyground,’ the 2010 FIFA World Cup official song. The song was a huge success.
- Following her single ‘Waka Waka,’ she released her album ‘Sale el, Sol.’
- Shakira’s tenth studio album, Shakira, was released on March 25, 2014. In the same year, she performed the song ‘Dare (La La La)’ at the 2014 FIFA World Cup closing ceremony.
- She also appeared in “The Voice” alongside Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, and Usher.
- Shakira and Carlinhos Brown performed “La La La” at the 2014 FIFA World Cup closing ceremony at the Maracana Stadium in Brazil on July 13, 2014. This was her third consecutive appearance at the FIFA World Cup.
- She collaborated with Colombian singer Carlos Vives on the “La Bicicleta” track in May 2016, which won the Latin Grammy Award for Record of the Year and Song of the Year.
- Her single “Chantaje,” with over 2.1 billion views as of June 1, 2018, became Shakira’s most-viewed YouTube video.
- In January 2018, Shakira won her third Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album for El Dorado, making her the only female Latin artist.
- She and Jennifer Lopez performed at the Super Bowl LIV halftime show in February 2020. It quickly became the most viewed halftime show on YouTube at the time.
- Shakira released a single titled “Don’t Wait Up” on July 16, 2021.
Shakira and Her Long Time Partner Are Not Together
Yes, the most beloved couple in Hollywood has finally broken up after being brought together for more than 12 years. On 2022 June 4, the couple disclosed joint news in the media.
Shakira confirmed that the duo is separating and wishing for their children’s well-being. Also, they have requested people to respect their privacy and conveyed that their highest priority, for the time being, is children.
According to the source, the singer caught her beloved husband having an affair. However, they have not revealed the woman with whom the athlete had an affair.
Despite the fact that the duo had been together for more than a decade, they never tied the knot. The singer also disclosed,
“Gerard is with me because he wants to be with Shakira, the person, not the celebrity. There is real love and no ulterior motives. And I am with him because he is the most amazing man I have ever met. We want the same things, we like the same things, and we hate the same things. I have never been with someone so passionate in my life.”
The singer also stated that if it were not for her music, Shakira’s children would add up to eight or nine in numbers. She wanted to have her football team with the player.
What Is Shakira’s Net Worth?
Shakira is a Colombian-born global pop artist with a $300 million net worth. Similarly, she has sold over 125 million albums and singles globally, making Shakira among history’s most talented and successful female artists.
Shakira ratified a 10-year, $300 million contract with Live Nation in 2008. The diva earned $12 million for her appearance on “The Voice” in 2013.
Shakira has an impressive collection of Mercedes-Benz automobiles. She owns a G-class, an SL600, SL550, and an SLK. Shakira children might be the ones who would continue her worth and legacy forward.
Social Media Presence
Well, to let you know, she is super active on social media. The gorgeous artist effectively utilizes her platform by promoting her music, engaging her fans, and doing various activities.
Instagram: – 75.3 million followers
Twitter: – 53.1 million followers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Shakira have biological kids?
Yes, the singer shares two children with Gerard Pique: Milan and Sasha.
- Who is Shakira’s first husband?
As a matter of fact, Shakira’s first husband is lawyer Antonio de la Rua.