How often do we see people change their careers and be successful? Actress Gemma Chan, actor, lawyer, philanthropist, is successful in her acting career after being a lawyer. The courage and hardship to tell the parents she wants to act and her continuous hardworking nature led her to where she is.
Gemma is famous for her role in the movies like Fantastic beast and Where to find them, Crazy Rich Asians, Captain Marvel. Now she will be part of the bigger Marvel Cinematic universe after the role of Sersi in the Movie Eternal.
But first, let’s look at some quick facts:
Gemma Chan: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Gemma Chan|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1982|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|Father’s Name||Under Review|
|Mother’s Name||Under Review|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.79 m)|
|Weight||127 lbs. (58 kg)|
|Marital Status||Dating, Dominic Cooper|
|Net Worth||$6 Million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
Gemma Chan: Early life and Education:
Gemma Chan was born in London, England, at Guy’s Hospital.
Her father was an engineer who grew up in Hong Kong, while her mother was raised in Greenock, Scotland. Her parents’ names are unknown; we will update this as soon as we receive information from reliable sources.
Chan grew up near seven oaks, Kent. She went to Orpington’s Newstead Wood School for Girls. Chan then went on to study law at Worcester College, Oxford.
Chan was offered a training contract as a graduate at the legal firm Slaughter and May after graduation, but she declined. Later she went to study at the Drama Centre London and pursue an acting career.
How tall is Gemma Chan? – Age, Height
Gemma Chan identifies herself as Asian British. The Chinese actress from Britain was born on November 29, 1982, making her 38 years old. Chan is tall, and her height measures 5 feet 9 inches. Her great personality and great height physique help her bag the Hollywood industry’s tough and biggest role.
With her regular gym-going habit and healthy diet, Chan has a stunning shape and has a perfect body. Her body measurement is 34-25-35, and she wears a number 9 shoe size. Her sparkling beauty can also be seen in her brown eyes and beautiful black hair.
Gemma Chan Career
- Chan started her professional career debut in the Horror Channel miniseries When Evil Called in 2006.
- Chan played geologist Mia Bennett in the BBC’s Doctor Who episode “The Waters of Mars” in the fall of 2009. The episode was later nominated for a Hugo Award.
- In the same year, Chan featured in Exam (2009), which opened to mixed reactions at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
- Chan featured in Channel 4’s The IT Crowd and BBC’s Sherlock the following year, 2010.
- The critic criticized chan’s next releases, Pimp (2010) and Shanghai (2010).
- Chan was cast as Billie Piper’s rival in the last season of Secret Diary of a Call Girl as a series regular. In the television series, she played Charlotte.
- She later featured on Channel 4’s Fresh Meat in 2011. In the Set of Fresh Meat, she met her ex-Boyfriend Jack Whitehall.
- In 2012, Chan appeared as Kiera, an “impulsive” and “free-spirited” lady, in season two of Sky Living’s supernatural drama Bedlam.
- True Love, a five-part semi-improvised television series created by Working Title for BBC One, also featured Chan.
- Chan appeared as young archaeologist Hattie James in the BBC One crime thriller Shetland in 2013.
- Chan appeared as a guest on the BBC’s Death in Paradise. She appeared in the Channel 4 romance drama Dates.
- Chan played Glamorous Judge in The Double (2013), which opened to great acclaim at the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Chan appeared in the science fiction television series Humans (2015 –2018). She portrayed the character of Anita/Mia, for which she was nominated for the Best actress at Broadcasting Press Guild Awards.
- Chan starred in the action-thriller Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, which received mixed reviews and commercial success. She portrayed Amy Chang in the movie.
- In the French comedy-drama Belles Familles, Chan played the protagonist’s girlfriend, Chen-Lin (2015).
- In Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them (2016), Chan again played the American witch Madame Ya Zhou.
- Aggie, the main character’s “smart-girl” companion, was played by Chan in the action-thriller Stratton (2017).
- Chan co-starred in the film Crazy Rich Asians as Astrid Leong-Teo (2018). Despite being invited to play the lead, Chan preferred the “more fascinating” part of Astrid.
- Chan starred as Petronella in the box office hit London Fields (2018).
- In the same year, Chan played Elizabeth Hardwick in Josie Rourke‘s directorial debut, Mary Queen of Scots (2018).
- Chan featured as Minn-Erva, a sharpshooter in the Kree Starforce, in Captain Marvel (2019). To critical acclaim, the picture had the sixth-largest opening of all time.
- Let Them All Talk, directed by Steven Soderbergh, stars Chan with Meryl Streep (2020).
- Karen, a literary agent with a “maybe-romance” with her client’s nephew, was played by her. The film had a favorable debut on HBO Max.
- In the fantasy film Raya and the Last Dragon, Chan played the antagonist, warrior princess Namaari (2021). Reviewers well welcomed the picture.
Chan joined the cast of the Marvel Studios film Eternals in August 2019, which is planned to be released on November 5, 2021. Sersi, a member of the titular race, will be played by her. After Captain Marvel (2019), this is her second appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The film is written and directed by Chloé Zhao, who earned an Academy Award and several nominations and accolades for her directorial Film Nomadland.
Eternal stars Gemma Chan along with Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lia McHugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee, Gil Birmingham, Harish Patel, Kit Harington, Salma Hayek, and Angelina Jolie.
Sersi, the main character, is a sympathetic Eternal with a soft heart for humanity who can control matter. For millennia, her character will be seen as the love interest of another character in Eternals Ikaris, played by Richard Madden.
Rumor has it that her character would be featured as the love interest of the human character Dane Whitman, whom Kit Harington plays. We may claim that we will be able to observe their love triangle.
The brothers of Winterfell in the North of Westeros in the Game of Thrones TV series Madden and Harington will be seen again in the upcoming movie.
Fans will love them, and we except the fans will appreciate them as they appreciated them in Game of Thrones.
Olivia Wilde’s psychological thriller Don’t Worry Darling will star Chan.
Awards and Appreciations
In her decade-long career, actress Chan has received only one award so far, but she has been nominated at various coveted awards. The actress received her first nomination for her performance in the series, Humans for Best Actress at the 2015 Broadcasting Press Guild Awards.
Then in 2018, Chan got a nomination for the role in Crazy Rich Asians for Best Supporting Actress at the Music City Critics’ Association. The same year, she received another nomination at the Screen Actors Guild Awards under the category of Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture for her movie, Crazy Rich Asian.
IN 2019, Chan her first award for the role in Captain Marvel for Best Fight at the MTV Movie Awards. The same year, she received another nomination at the National Film and Television Awards under the category of Best Actress for her movie, Captain Marvel.
In 2017, Chan traveled to Lebanon with Save the Children to meet with Syrian child refugees.
Chan collaborated with Moet in 2018 to benefit Help Refugees UK. During the COVID-19 epidemic, she volunteered with Cook–19, an organization that provides meals to workers.
Chan has been a supporter of UNICEF UK since 2015, and in 2019 she traveled to Jamaica to raise awareness about domestic abuse with the organization. In 2019, she took part in Soccer Aid to collect donations for the organization. Chan will take part in World Children’s Day commemorations in 2020.
Recently in 2021, she was named a celebrity ambassador for UNICEF UK.
Who Is Gemma Chan Boyfriend? – Relationship
Chan, like most celebrities, prefers to keep her personal life private. Chan admitted that when she initially began her career as an actress, she had no idea what should be kept private. As of today, the actress stated that she is more at ease and understands the difference between what should be personal and what should be revealed.
Chan previously dated the popular British comedian and actor Jack Whitehall. They nearly dated for six years, eventually parting their ways in 2017. The beautiful couple met in the sets of Fresh Meat and started dating in 2011.
However, after a few years apart, the pair made news when Whitehall stated in an episode of his Netflix program, Travels with My Father, that he could have married Chan, but he lost his chances.
The actress has been in a relationship with actor Dominic Cooper since late 2018. The Mamma Mia! Actor cooper and actress Chan were pictured together in Spain in August 2017, romance rumors about the two began to circulate. They officially acknowledged their romance by attending the Fashion Awards in London as a pair.
While Chan is usually extremely secretive, she likes to share some rare photos of herself and Cooper.
Net Worth| How Much Does Gemma Chan Earns?
Chan is in the lights and camera industry for over a decade now. Soon after her debut in 2006 with a smaller role and eventually grabbing the biggest movies of the decade like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Crazy Rich Asians, Captain Marvel, Eternals, and regular working in the theaters, we can say that she has fair enough net worth in her name.
Gemma has earned her wealth from her work as an actress and a model as well. Gemma is quite rich and owns luxurious items in her name. The total estimated net worth of Gemma Chan is $6 Million US dollars as of now.
There are many hard work years, and various TV series actresses and movies might be involved. As a result, its net value will increase.
In addition, in intriguing projects and performances, the actress will be more prominent. We will update you in full with any change in her net worth. Stay tuned.
Social Media Presence
Chan, the Crazy Rich Asians actress, is one of those celebrities who like to keep her social media follower’s things up and running on her personal life and upcoming projects. So yet, the actress has only two social media accounts: Instagram and Twitter. Let’s take a look at her following count on both of these social media platforms.
Instagram: 1.3 million Followers
Twitter 152.8k followers.
Some common questions about Gemma Chan questions:
Who is Gemma Chan’s husband?
Gemma Chan’s marital status is unmarried as of 2021. She is dating Dominic Copper.
What nationality is Gemma Chan?
Chan is a British citizen.
What is Gemma Chan’s net worth?
Gemma Chan’s net worth is expected to be $6 million in 2020
Who plays Sersi in Eternals?
Gemma Chan Portrayers the role of Sersi in the Movie Eternals.