Yvonne Strahovski is an Australian actress widely famous for her performances in American television dramas such as 24: Live Another Day, Chuck, and The Handmaid’s Tale. Her presence in the renowned criminal thriller series Dexter further expanded her fame, and she became one of the most bankable TV actresses of her time.
Her early professional acting credits include her appearances on one episode of tv shows such as Double the Fist and Sea Patrol. Yvonne didn’t have to struggle for long after going to Hollywood because the actress was already a well-known figure in Australia.
Strahovski further portrayed the role of a CIA operative, Sarah Walker, in the television series Chuck, for five seasons. The actress had another memorable part in the seventh season of the critically acclaimed tv show Dexter, as Hannah McKay.
Then the Australian actress went on to repeat her part in the series for further seasons. Yvonne also appeared as Serena Joy Waterford in the dystopian drama series The Handmaid’s Tale.
Table of Contents
Yvonne Strahovski : Quick Facts
|Full Name||Yvonne Jacqueline Strzechowski|
|Date of Birth||30th July 1982|
|Birth Place||Werrington Downs, Australia|
|Father’s Name||Piotr Strzechowski|
|Mother’s Name||Bożena Strzechowski|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Net Worth||$12 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram and Twitter|
Yvonne Strahovski Bio | Education And Early Life
Yvonne Jacqueline Strzechowski was born on 30th July 1982, in Werrington Downs, New South Wales, Australia, to Bozena and Piotr Strzechowski. Her father was an engineer, while her mother was a lab technician. Her parents originally belonged to Poland, but they were tired of living in a communist-controlled society, so they came to Australia to pursue a better life.
They communicated in their native language, Polish, at home, making it difficult for Yvonne to make friends. This is why the actress believes she was a shy kid who couldn’t speak English fluently.
As a result of the language barrier, Yvonne experienced an identity crisis throughout her early childhood, making her feel isolated. To top it off, the young girl also dealt with acne problems, which made her feel awkward among people and finally led to her being an introvert.
It was then when Yvonne found solace in performing and was a regular participant in school plays and dramas. The future actress would always go around her house with a handy cam in her hand, exhibiting to everyone how intrigued she was by the entire shooting process.
The actress attended Santa Sabina College in Strathfield for her high school education. Later, Yvonne enrolled in the Theatre program at the University of Western Sydney, where she graduated in 2003. Strahovski worked as a waitress for a period after graduation until co-founding her own theatre company in 2003.
Age And Body Measurements
As of May 2021, the lovely actress is 38 years old, with her birthday approaching in less than two months. This stunning actress stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs around 58 kg.
Because the actress likes living a highly healthy lifestyle, she owns a beautiful physique that measures 34-25-35 inches despite being in her late thirties.
Yvonne, however, does not involve herself in any gym exercises. All Strahovski does is try to stay active by indulging in outdoor activities. Yvonne also watches what she eats and attempts to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Overall, the actress tries to balance by eating well and engaging in light exercise such as running, stretching, and other activities.
Furthermore, Strahovski owns gorgeous blonde hair and a pair of intoxicating blue eyes. In addition, this stunning actress’s dress size is 4 (US), and her shoe size is 9 (US).
In the early years of her career, Yvonne worked behind the camera for various TV programs. Strahovski eventually earned a few cameo appearances, and they all served as excellent learning opportunities for her. She had a tiny part in the popular Australian satire comedy Double the Fist. The Australian actress star on programs such as HeadLand and Channel Nine’s Sea Patrol.
Despite her unusual beginnings, Yvonne aspired to be a star in the American film and television industries. As a result, she relocated to Los Angeles, California. Let’s have a look at her professional accolades post moving to LA.
2007 – 2010
- After arriving in Los Angeles, Strahovski auditioned for parts in films and television shows such as Chuck and Bionic Woman. The actress submitted her audition tape for Chuck, and she was contacted the next day.
- Yvonne was notified right away that she had been cast in the part of Sarah Walker. This was her first major break in her career, and the part cemented her reputation as an actor in the United States.
- Her Polish and Australian accents came in handy during filming Chuck, which was why she was on board for the show. The program aired in 2007and quickly became successful, taking Yvonne to stardom.
- Strahovski continued to audition for meatier roles and began to land more. Meanwhile, her performance in Chuck drew the attention of TV experts and reviewers, making it easier for her to acquire new roles. However, Strahovski was not obtaining the parts she desired. But, Yvonne appeared in a couple of flicks to keep the momentum going.
- The actress appeared in several Australian and American films, including I Love You Too, Matching Jack, and The Canyon. Strahovski also has a crucial role in the 2010 video game Mass Effect 2as one of the animated characters.
- Moreover, Yvonne continued to do comedy routines, gave voice for games and animation shows, and appeared in minor films and television series roles.
2011 – present
- In 2011, the Australian actress appeared in Killer Elite, a big-budget Hollywood film co-starring Jason Stathamand Robert De Niro.
- Sadly, Chuck got canceled in 2012. But the same year, Strahovski co-starred with Seth Roganin the comedy film Guilt Trip. Another major Hollywood picture starring Yvonne, named I, Frankenstein, was released in 2014.
- Her appearances in the seventh and eighth seasons of the famous criminal thriller series Dextergave her a household name in the United States. The role in 24 in 2014 elevated her prominence.
- Her career graph was on the upswing during this period. Strahovski subsequently secured a part in another notable film in 2015, when she was cast as Rene Carpenter in The Astronaut Wives Club.
- Yvonne joined the main cast of the dystopian tragic online TV series The Handmaid’s Tale in 2017.
- Strahovski was cast as Serena Joy Waterford, a former conservative cultural activist and the wife of Joseph Fiennes‘ character, Commander Fred Waterford.’ Critics praised her portrayal of a lady who urgently wants to be a mother.
- Strahovski appeared in films such as He’s Out Therein 2018, The Predator in 2018, and Angel of Mine in 2019.
- Yvonne also had a recurring role as a voice actress in the animated television series Tangled: The Series.
- In 2020, she starred as Sofie Werner in the Australian television drama series Stateless, which had its international debut at the 70thBerlin International Film Festival.
Personal Life| Who Is Yvonne Strahovski Husband?
Yvonne was linked to fellow Australian actor Matthew J. Doran, commonly known as Matt Doran, in 2006. The duo met on the set of The Plex, a 2008 film. They fell in love while filming their movie, and by the time the film was ready to be released, they had already split up and moved on.
The actress was then linked to Josh Schwartz, an American screenwriter and television producer, in 2007. Josh was also one of the creators of the television program Chuck, in which Yvonne played a female lead. But, after just a year of dating, they parted ways in 2008.
Then Yvonne met her future husband, Tim Loden, while the actress was on the set of the TV sitcom Chuck. Soon after they started dating in 2010, he scheduled a slot on the show. Hollywood insiders were already aware of their relationship at the time, but they kept it so low-key that many people thought they split up soon after his appearance on the show.
Dismissing all the break-up rumors, Yvonne accidentally revealed that she and Loden had married earlier in the summer while was strutting down the red carpet at the 2017 Emmys. Later in 2018, William, their first child, was born a year later of their marriage.
Net Worth | How Much Does Yvonne Strahovski Earns?
After over 17 years of actively working in the film and television sectors, the actress’s total net worth is approximately $12 million, which is not surprising. It is the result of her hardworking and brilliance and how popular her films and television shows are.
The exceptional actress has been in several blockbuster films, and her remarkable performance in these films has contributed to her tremendous net worth.
Besides her movie and tv career, brand endorsements and sponsorships also contribute to her hiked net worth. Also, keep an eye on this site if you want to learn more about her in the coming days.
Social Media Presence
Yvonne, like other celebrities, is active on social media. Also, because social media supports an actor’s brand so much more these days, it is a fantastic method to stay connected with their followers and keep them informed.
Strahovski presently has accounts on two social media platforms – Instagram and Twitter. Furthermore, let’s have a look at her followers count.
Instagram – 889k followers
Twitter – 409.2k followers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Did Zach Levi and Yvonne Strahovski have a relationship?
Strahovski met her husband on the show, Chuck, proving that she did find romance on the show, just not with Levi, as many fans speculated. Even though they never dated, Strahovski and Levi developed a solid friendship due to their time working together.
- Is Yvonne Strahovski married?
Yes, she is married to an actor, producer, Tim Loden, who is best known for her 2017 movie, Extinction.
- What is the net worth of Yvonne Strahovski?
According to reports, Yvonne Strahovski has a whopping $12 million net worth