Caitlin Jean Stasey is an Australian actress highly known for playing Francesca Thomas in the Tv show, The Sleepover Club from the year 2002 to 2006, Rachel Kinski in Neighbours from 2005 to 2009, and Ellie Linton in the film version of John Marsden’s best-selling novel Tomorrow When the War Began.
Caitlin appeared as Lady Kenna in the American television series Reign from 2013 to 2015 and as a recurrent character in the ABC2 comedy Please Like Me from 2013 to 2016. Stasey then portrayed Ada on the Fox television program APB in 2017, which was canceled after one season in May 2017.
These are just a few of the actress’s professional accomplishments to date; now, let’s take a closer look at her personal life, including her relationship status, net worth, social media presence, and much more.
Table of Contents
Caitlin Stasey: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Caitlin Jean Stasey|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1990|
|Birth Place||Melbourne, Australia|
|Father’s Name||David Stasey|
|Mother’s Name||Sally Stasey|
|Siblings||Victoria Stasey (Younger Sister)|
|Height||5 feet 3 inch|
|Body Measurements||35-24-34 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||5 (US)|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Social Media Presence|
Caitlin Stasey Bio | Education And Early Life
Caitlin Stasey was born in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia on May 1, 1990. The actress was born to David and Sally, who is originally from Norwich, England. Her mother, Sally, is a primary school drama teacher at Sandringham Primary School in Melbourne. Caitlin grew up alongside her younger sister, Victoria Stasey.
At the age of 10, Caitlin appeared in a Qantas commercial as a member of the Australian Girls Choir, singing I Still Call Australia Home, and traveled the world with the choir to record the commercial in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. This advertisement was also rated as the Greatest Australian Commercial.
From a young age, Caitlin was interested in acting; hence at the age of 12, she got selected in the kid’s TV series arrangement The Sleepover Club. Caitlin then joined Star of the Sea College to further her education but later dropped out of the College to continue her acting career. Nonetheless, she continued to consider a training program related to her field of study.
Age And Body Measurements
Caitlin, who was born in May 1990, is 31 years old as of May 2021. Just recently, Stasey celebrated her 31st birthday. The actress is of standard height, standing 5 feet 3 inches tall, and weighs around 51 kg.
Her physical measurements are 35-25-34, which she attributes to her healthy eating habits and regular exercises. The actress thinks that our bodies are all we have and that we must constantly make additional efforts to keep them healthy and active so that it is better for us in the long term.
Stasey is also blessed with a beautiful and heart-warming smile along with her stunning olive skin. The actress also has long dark brown tresses and appealing brown eyes.
Furthermore, Caitlin wears a shoe of size 5 (US), which is relatively very small. And the actress fits perfectly on the dress of size 2 (US), credits to her healthy lifestyle.
Caitlin’s professional career began at an early age, exactly as she had hoped. Let’s take a closer look at the actress’s career trajectory over the last 19 years.
2002 – 2010
- Stasey’s career took off in September 2002, when she was cast in the children’s TV series The Sleepover Club as Francesca ‘Frankie’ Thomas, the club’s self-appointed head. In 2006, Stasey made a brief comeback to the role of Frankie for the second season of The Sleepover Club.
- After a year of studying and auditioning, Caitlin finally got another role as Rachel Kinski in the show Neighbors. The casting director Jan Russ liked her audition and decided to cast her for the show. Her debut episode aired on August 18. Stasey dropped out of College after obtaining the role of Rachel, but she completed her studies through a remote education program.
- In a September 2008 interview with Herald Sun, Stasey said that she would be exiting from the show Neighbors in the following weeks, primarily to focus on her end-of-year VCE examinations. The creators claimed that her character would not be killed off, allowing Stasey to return.
- In 2008, Stasey was cast as the primary character Ellie Linton in the film adaptation of the YA novel Tomorrow, When the War Began, as a young girl who documents her time with friends fighting the invasion of Australia.
- Caitlin Stasey also sang a harmony duet with Neighbors castmate Dean Geyer at the Erinsborough High School Formal. It debuted on the Australian iTunes store and peaked at number 40 on the ARIA Digital Tracks chart on May 19, 2008.
- Then she featured in the Christmas pantomime Snow White at Norwich Theater Royal in December 2008. Stasey participated in a 5-minute film, Many Australians, One Nation, as part of a Panasonic campaign in 2009.
- The actress was later cast in the film by Sandringham Primary School children since her mother taught theater.
2011 – present
- Caitlin then played the role of Kenna in the American historical romantic drama TV series Reign from 2013 to 2015.
- The actress later essayed the role of Claire in the ABC2 series; Please Like Me from the year 2013-2016.
- Stasey starred as Maddy in the horror film All Cheerleaders Die in 2013. And as a result of her extraordinary skills, the following year, she appeared as Keziah in the film I, Frankenstein.
- In 2016, the actress was a part of yet another horror movie, Fear, Inc., where she essayed the character of Lindsay Gains.
- Stasey then appeared as ATF Agent Anya Ooms in the legal drama series, For the People in 2018.
- As of 2021, Caitlin is currently shooting for her upcoming tv show, Bridge and Tunnel. The actress is essaying the role of Jill, the main character. However, much about the show has not been disclosed yet.
Personal Life| Who Is Caitlin Stasey Dating?
Back in 2007, when Caitlin was shooting for her show, Neighbours, there were rumors that she was dating her co-actor, Sam Clark, an Australian actor. The two would always hang out together after their pack-up and would frequently enter the shoot set hand in hand.
But unfortunately, their romance could not survive the test of time, and they ended up splitting in the latter half of 2009 after dating for two years.
Post her break up with Clark, the actress moved on and dated another of her Neighbours co-star, Jonathan Patrick Moore, previously known as Jonathan Wood. The couple apparently dated for 2-3 months in the first half of 2009 and parted ways.
Then in the second half of 2009, Caitlin was linked with South African – Australian singer Dean Geyer. As surprising as it may sound, just like her previous partners, even Dean was one of the cast members of the show Neighbours. However, the couple never publically acclaimed their relationship, and the reasons and year of their breakup are still unknown.
Then, in 2014, her future husband, Lucas Neff, an American actor, entered her life. The pair met on the set of their film, Fear.Inc., and began dating shortly after. After nearly two years of dating, the couple married in 2016. However, there were strong speculations in 2020 that the pair had called it quits, although official confirmation is still awaiting.
Also, in 2015, Caitlin came out as a bisexual, and in an interview, she stated, “I know it troubles people for me to refer to myself as a lesbian considering I have a male partner. I’ve known I was mostly gay ever since I can remember… I’m happier being fluid. I’m happier being honest.”
And Caitlin also referred to herself as pansexual.
Net Worth| How Much Does Caitlin Stasey Earns?
Caitlin started her acting career at an early age; also, she has worked as a singer. The actress began her unstoppable career with TV series before moving on to do several amazing films.
Caitlin has been in the entertainment industry for nearly 19 years, and her net worth is believed to be over $3 million throughout her career.
The majority of her films have been extremely profitable and have played an important role in building her name in the business. Not only movies and shows, but the actress has also been a part of great brand endorsements and sponsorships.
Social Media Presence
Celebrities must stay current to maintain a strong relationship and engagement with their fans and boost their name, which is why they utilize social media. Caitlin, like everyone else, is active on social media.
In fact, many high-end brands would not sign actors as brand ambassadors if they do not have a social media presence with a high number of followers. So, indeed, it has become an essential part, particularly in the life of an actor.
Caitlin supposedly has a profile on only one social media platform, and that is Instagram. The actress is quite active on Instagram and is often seen sharing pictures of her photoshoots, vacations, and random images. Let’s have a look at the number of followers that this diva has.
Instagram – 232k followers