Valerie Bertinelli is a well-known American actress and television host. She worked in the entertainment industry for almost five decades. Her work and award win demonstrates her brilliance and hard work.
She rose to prominence as a young actor, playing Barbara Cooper Royer on the comedy One Day at a Time (1975–1984), for which she received two Golden Globe nominations.
She was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012. Valerie has been in several films and television series. Touched by an Angel, Café Americain, Faerie Tale Theatre, and many other films have included her.
|Birth Name||Valerie Ann Bertinelli|
|Nick Name||Valerie Bertinelli|
|Age||61 years old|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Aries|
|Birth Place||Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1960|
|Mother’s Name||Nancy Carvin|
|Father’s Name||Andrew Bertinelli|
|Sibling||David, Patrick and Drew|
|Height||164 cm or 5 feet 4 Inch|
|Weight||59 kg or 130 pounds|
|Body Measurement||37-25-36 inches|
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark down|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|College/University||Granada Hills High School|
|Profession||Actress, TV personality|
|Children||Wolfgang William Van Halen|
|Popular For||One day at a Time, Valerie’s Home Cooking|
|Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$20 million|
|Income Source||Acting, Tv shows|
Who is Valerie Bertinelli Parents ?| Early Life
Bertinelli, an actress, was born in Wilmington, Delaware. Nancy Carvin is her mother’s name. Her father’s name is Andrew Bertinelli, and he was a General Motors executive. Her father is of Italian heritage and her mother is of English descent, therefore she is of English-Italian descent.
Valerie considers herself fortunate to have been raised alongside her three brothers, David, Patrick, and Drew.
Her family traveled frequently due to her father’s job. They resided in Claymont, Delaware, Oklahoma City, and the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles, California, at various times. Bertinelli attended the Tami Lynn School of Artists, where she studied acting. She was reared Roman Catholic and attended Granada Hills High School.
Valerie Bertinelli Age, Height, Body Measurement
On the 23rd of April in 1960, this amazing actress was born. She will be 61 years old in 2021 and is born under the sign of Aries.
Let us now discuss her height and weight. This lady stands tall at a tiny stature of 5 feet 4 inches, or 164 cm. In addition, she stands tall at 130 pounds, which equates to 59 kg.
Valerie also has naturally brown hair that she frequently colors blonde. In addition, she possesses a set of dark brown eyes.
In terms of physical measurements, this singer has a bust of around 37 inches or 94 cm, a waist of approximately 25 inches or 69 cm, and hips of approximately 36 inches or 92 cm. She also prefers a dress size of 6 US.
- Bertinelli rose to fame after her debut on the show One Day at a Time. Bertinelli was 15 years old when the program premiered in late 1975. She was a regular on the show, appearing in 208 of the 209 episodes before it was canceled on May 28, 1984.
- She received two Golden Globe Awards for her portrayal as Barbara Cooper Royer. Bertinelli appeared in the 2005 One Day at a Time Reunion Special alongside fellow cast members Bonnie Franklin, Mackenzie Phillips, and Pat Harrington Jr. to relive notable footage from the original show’s nine seasons.
- Bertinelli went on to star in several made-for-TV movies and miniseries following the end of One Day at a Time. She also appears in C.H.O.M.P.S., The Princess and the Cabbie, and Fridays.
- She has also appeared in television programs such as Silent Witness, Ordinary Heroes, and Number One with a Bullet.
- Similarly, She appeared in two short-lived sitcoms in the 1990s: Sydney, as the title character, a private investigator (together with Matthew Perry and Craig Bierko), and Café Americain. Bertinelli joined the cast of Touched by an Angel for the final two seasons in 2001.
- She co-starred in the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland with Betty White, Wendie Malick, and Jane Leeves from 2010 until 2015. The show’s final episode aired on June 3, 2015, after a successful six-season run.
- Bertinelli began presenting two Food Network series, Valerie’s Home Cooking and Kids Baking Championship, alongside cake designer Duff Goldman in 2015.
- Valerie’s Home Cooking earned her two Daytime Emmy Awards. Bertinelli presented two more Food Network series in 2019: Family Food Showdown and Family Restaurant Rivals.
- Likewise, Bertinelli was cast opposite Demi Lovato in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot, Hungry, in June 2021. Bertinelli stated in July 2021 that her next memoir, Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today, will be released in January 2022.
Awards and Accolades
Similarly, for the program One Day at a Time, she received the Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television in 1982.
For her work in One Day at a Time, she earned a Golden Globe Award in the category Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries, or Motion Picture Made for Television in 1981.
She was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series in 2010 for her work in Nominated Hot in Cleveland.
Similarly, she was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in 2020 for her show Valerie’s Home Cooking.
Who is Valerie Bertinelli Husband?| Personal Life
Actress Valerie married twice in her life. On April 11, 1981, Bertinelli married famed guitarist Eddie Van Halen. Wolfgang, their son, was born on March 16, 1991. The pair divorced on December 20, 2007, after splitting up in 2001.
Bertinelli said in her memoirs that their divorce was caused by Eddie’s cocaine addiction and his reluctance to quit smoking after being diagnosed with oral cancer and losing one-third of his tongue during treatment.
Wolfgang William Van Halen is a musician as well. From 2006 until 2020, he was the bassist for the rock band Van Halen.
Bertinelli confirmed her engagement to financial advisor Tom Vitale, with whom she has been dating since 2004. On January 1, 2011, they married in Malibu, California. She has four stepchildren as a result of her marriage to Vitale. Her ex-husband, Eddie Van Halen, and their son, Wolfgang Van Halen, were both present at the wedding.
Valerie Bertinelli Son Wolfgang
Actress Valerie married just once in her life. On April 11, 1981, Bertinelli married famed guitarist Eddie Van Halen. Wolfgang, their son, was born on March 16, 1991. The pair divorced on December 20, 2007, after splitting up in 2001.
Wolfgang William Van Halen is a musician as well. From 2006 until 2020, he was the bassist for the rock band Van Halen. From 2012 until 2016, he was also a member of the heavy metal band Tremonti. Following his father’s death in 2020, he decided to concentrate on his solo project Mammoth WVH, for which he performs all instruments and vocals.
Valerie Bertinelli Net Worth
Valerie Bertinelli’s net worth is estimated to be $20 million in 2021. Her five decades of performing in the lighting and camera industry have been her main source of income.
She also made a lot of money through her television series, such as Family Restaurant Rivals and Family Food Showdown, One day at a time.
Her divorce from the famous singer increased her financial fortune. However, given that this great actress shows no signs of slowing down, Valerie’s net worth can only rise in the future.
Valerie owns a lovely home in the Hollywood Hills. She bought the house after divorcing her spouse Eddie. The 5,200-square-foot Hollywood house features 5 bedrooms and 6 restrooms.
Valerie Bertinelli Instagram
Valerie, like other actors, believes that social media is an important part of an actor’s life since it helps promote their name in the mainstream media.
Similarly, she is a social media wiz; similarly, she attributes her acting career to her social media skills and, of course, her exceptional acting ability.
Likewise, her social media presence has gotten a lot of attention and appreciation. Not to mention, it’s a great way for them to remain in contact with their audiences and keep them up to date. As a result, she makes use of social media, and she presently has accounts on two platforms: Instagram and Twitter.
Instagram : 953k followers
Twitter: 412k followers
Valerie Bertinelli Facts
- Valerie reportedly turned down many film jobs in the 1980s owing to their usage of nudity.
- Likewise, Valerie competed in the Boston Marathon in 2010. SHe doesn’t appear to be getting any older with each passing year.
- Valerie tried out for the role of Iris in Taxi Driver. However, Jodie Foster was cast in the role.
- Her net worth is estimated to be about $20 million. Her marriage to Eddie Van Halen, as well as her lengthy and successful career, have contributed significantly to her prosperity.
- She is the author of the autobiographies Losing It: And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time (2008) and Finding It: And Finally Satisfying My Hunger for Life Without Opening the Fridge (2009). (2010).
- Valerie was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in August 2012.