Tyra Bank is a gorgeous international model and the first black woman to appear in Sports Illustrated magazine. She later hosted the reality show America’s Next Top Model and her daytime talk show, for which she received two Emmy Awards. Tyra Banks son is a puddle of joy for the media.
Despite her struggles with infertility, Tyra has a strong desire to have a child. But she didn’t know what the future holds and didn’t give up the fight for what she truly desires, and her son York Banks Asla had brought into the world through a surrogacy arrangement.
Let’s learn about this gorgeous supermodel Tyra and her amazing journey along the way unravel about her life, relationship, age, height, career and success, and net worth.
Some Quick Facts about Tyra Banks
|Full Name||Tyra Lynne Banks|
|Date of Birth||December 4, 1973|
|Birth Place||Inglewood, California,|
|Father’s Name||Donald Banks|
|Mother’s Name||Carolyn London|
|Height||178 cm (5’10”)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lbs.)|
|Education||Immaculate Heart High School|
|Body Measurements||34-25-37 inches|
|Shoe Size||7 (UK)|
|Dress Size||3 (US)|
|Partner||Erik Asla (2013–2017)|
|Children||York Banks Asla|
|Net Worth||$90 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
Who is Tyra Bank’s son? Personal Life and Relationship
Tyra, who infrequently talks about her dating life in public, has had relationships with several celebs over the years. This delicate diva and her ex-boyfriend, Norwegian photographer Erik Asla had been in a long-term relationship.
Tyra struggled with infertility, so the couple used surrogacy to have a baby. And they are blessed with a baby boy named York Banks Asla. Despite all the problems now, she has a gorgeous baby boy who lights up her life and motivates and encourages her to do well in life.
Tyra and Asla ended their five-year partnership peacefully.
Tyra also had been in a relationship with director John Singleton and basketball player Chris Webber. She has also been through an abusive relationship and emotional abuse in the past.
Tyra Bank, also known as BanX, is an author, singer, entrepreneur, producer, and television personality born in Inglewood, California, aside from being a gorgeous model. Tyra is one of the highest-paid models in the world.
She was born to Carolyn London and Donald Banks. Her mother Carolyn is a medical photographer, and her father Donald is a computer consultant. She grew up with her brother Devin who is five years older than her. She was very young when her parents got divorced.
How old is Tyra Bank? Age and Body Measurement
As of 2021, stunning Tyra is 47 years old, born in Inglewood, California, on December 4, 1973. Tyra has an impressive height which gets her into the spotlight. The stunning model stands 5 feet 10 inches or 1.78 m (178 cm) tall, and her weight is only 114 pounds or 52 kg.
Tyra Banks has an incredible physique. Her body dimensions are 34-25-37 inches (86.3-63.5-93.9 cm). She also wears a shoe size 9 (U.S.) or 39.5 (E.U.), or 6.5 (U.K.). Banks have Hazel’s eyes, which make her look even more stunning. Her Trainer, Martin, helps her to remain in this amazing figure.
Education and Early Life
Banks attended John Burroughs Middle School and Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles before graduating in 1991.
She then enrolled at Claremont McKenna College and Loyola Marymount University. But, when she was 16, she put her education on hold after being offered the opportunity to model in Europe. She graduated from Harvard Business School.
Tyra was just six years old when she joined her mother’s exercise group, and since then, she has developed healthier habits. When her grandmother died due to lung cancer, she vowed never to smoke.
When she was 11 years old, she lost 30 pounds in three months and added inches of height, and As Tyra said, “she was a popular girl who looked normal, to being considered a freak,” and at the age of fifteen, she started modeling.
Career and Success of Tyra
- Banks started her career when she was just fifteen years old and was still in school.
- Four modeling agencies turned her down before signing with L.A. Models. At the age of 16, she decided to switch to Elite Model Management.
- After she got opportunities in Europe, Tyra moves to Milan, and during her first runway season, she booked 25 shows during Paris Fashion Week in 1991.
- Tyra Banks has appeared in editorials for Vogue in the United States, Italy, France, and Spain; Elle in the United States, France, Germany, and Spain; Harper’s Bazaar in the United States, Germany, and Malaysia; V; W, and Vanity Fair.
- Tyra returned to the United States in the mid-1990s to pursue a career in swimwear and lingerie modeling, despite her reluctance to follow a strict diet to stay skinny, as deemed necessary by the industry.
- Tyra was the first African-American model to sign a contract with ‘CoverGirl’ cosmetics in 1993.
- Tyra appeared in various magazines as a cover girl such as Elle; Harper’s Bazaar, Spanish Vogue; Cosmopolitan; Seventeen, and Teen Vogue.
- She walked as a ramp model for various classic brands such as Chanel, Oscar de la Renta, Yves Saint Laurent, Anna Sui, Christian Dior, Donna Karan, Calvin Klein, Perry Ellis, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Herve Leger, Valentino, Fendi, Isaac Mizrahi, Giorgio Armani, Sonia Rykiel, and Michael Kors.
- As the top model, every brand wanted to walk with you, such as world-renowned Yves Saint Laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, H&M, XOXO Versace, Victoria’s Secret, Pepsi, and Nike, for which she did advertising campaign.
- In 1994, ‘People’ magazine named Tyra one of the ’50 Most Beautiful People in the World.’ In 1996 and 1997, she was the first African-American model to appear on ‘G.Q.’ magazine and ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.’
- She was named a ‘Victoria’s Secret Angel’ in 1997, and Bank was the first black woman to appear in a ‘Victoria’s Secret’ lingerie catalog.
- VH1 named her ‘Supermodel of the Year’ the same year.
- She later left modeling to pursue other opportunities but re-signed with her former modeling agency, ‘I.M.G. Models,’ in
- Tyra began her television career in the fourth season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, where she played Will Smith’s old friend Jackie Ames.
- Bank’s also appeared in various Tv shows such as ‘New York Undercover in 1997, ‘Just Shoot Me!’ in 1999, ‘MADtv’ in 2000, ‘Felicity’ 2000, and ‘Soul Food’ 2001.
- Meanwhile, she made her film debut in 1995 with the film ‘Higher Learning.’ She managed to land the significant role of ‘Eve’ in the Disney Channel telefilm ‘Life-Size’ in 2000
- After a few minor appeared in movies such as ‘Love Stinks’ and ‘Love & Basketball.’ The year that, she played ‘Zoe’ in the financially viable film ‘Coyote Ugly.’
- Tyra founded her own production company, ‘Bankable Productions,’ in 2003, through which she created, and executive produced the reality television show ‘America’s Next Top Model.’
- In 2005, she launched her talk show, ‘The Tyra Banks Show,’ which addressed young females’ challenges. The show lasted five seasons and won two back-to-back ‘Daytime Emmy’ awards.
- In 2009, Tyra co-created the show ‘True Beauty’ with actor Ashton Kutcher. She made an appearance in several T.V. shows, including ‘Gossip Girl’ (2009), ‘Shake It Up’ (2012-13), ‘Glee’ (2013), and ‘Black-ish’s (2014). (2015-16).
- In 2015, she also co-hosted the show ‘FABLife’ for two months.
- Tyra also hosted the popular talent show competition ‘America’s Got Talent from 2017 to 2018.
- In 2018, Tyra returned to ‘Eve’ in ‘Life-Size 2,’ a sequel to the 2000 television film ‘Life-Size.’
- Being in the fashion industry for a decade, Tyra invested in cosmetic brands. She founded Tyra Beauty, and for that, she also completed her non-degree certificate program at Harvard Business School. Along with that, she also created the cosmetic e-commerce site ‘tyra.com.
- Tyra Banks recorded “Be a Star” for the soundtrack of her 2000 film “Life-Size.”
- In 2004, she made her singing debut on ‘America’s Next Top Model,’ debuting her first single, ‘Shake Ya Body.’
- She also collaborated with N.B.A. player Kobe Bryant on the single ‘K.O.B.E.’
- In 1998, she co-authored the book ‘Tyra’s Beauty, Inside and Out,’ her first attempt at writing.
- Over a decade later, Tyra chronicled her modeling career in the novel ‘Modelland,’ which debuted at No. 1 on ‘The New York Times Best Seller’ list in October 2011.
Tyra has been in this business for over two decades, and her primary income is from television as she gave her start to being a fashion model. Her net worth is expected to be $90 million in 2021.
She was reportedly earning around $18 million per year as a host and through her other endeavors at the time.
Time magazine named Tyra as one of the world’s most influential people on numerous occasions. Tyra is one of four African Americans and seven women to have received this honor consistently.
Banks paid slightly more than $3 million for a 5,740-square-foot Beverly Hills home. She eventually sold the four-bedroom Spanish Colonial for $6.33 million in 2016.
She paid $10.13 million for the four-apartment duplex in Battery Park City in 2009. The house was then listed for $17.5 million by Banks in spring 2017.
A 6,135-square-foot home costs $9.25 million, while a 3,700-square-foot home costs $4.25 million. She paid $7.35 million for the larger home two years ago and $3.25 million for the smaller house in 2014.
The diva sold both properties for $8.9 million and $4 million in just a few months. She also sold an L.A. townhouse for $1.47 million the same year.
In 2019, she paid just under $3 million for a single-story home in Pacific Palisades, her fifth purchase in the area in two years.
Social Media Presence
Like other celebrities, this stunning model is active on social media. Also, because social media is so important to an entertainer’s brand these days, it’s wonderful for celebrities to stay in touch with their fans and keep them up to date. You can follow Tyra on
Instagram: – 6.8 million followers
Twitter: – 13.9 million followers