Dakota Johnson is a famous American actress. Dakota Johnson parents are a famous actor and singer Don Johnson and actress Melanie Griffith. Moreover, she has six half-siblings. She has one half-brother, Alexander Bauer, and one half-sister, Stella Banderas, on her mother’s side.
Similarly, she has three half-brothers on her father’s side—Jesse Wayne Johnson, Jasper Breckenridge Johnson, and Deacon Johnson—and one half-sister, Grace Johnson.
At the age of 10, actress Dakota made her cinematic debut with her mother in the dark comedy Crazy in Alabama (1999). Dakota Johnson featured as Anastasia Steele in the sexual romance drama film series Fifty Shades of Grey (2015–2018); for her portrayal in the series, she received a People’s Choice Award and was nominated for a BAFTA Rising Star Award in 2016.
Sometimes this actress is in the spotlight because of her steamy relationships with attractive actors, while other times, an adorable image of Dakota’s parents and siblings warms people’s hearts. In this post, we will discuss Dakota Johnson’s parents, siblings, and Something fascinating going on in her life. Fans, though, are drawn to everything she does.
Table of Contents
To begin, here are some basic facts on Dakota Johnson:
|Dakota Mayi Johnson
|Date of Birth
|32 Years as of 2021
|Don Johnson, Antonio Banderas ( former Stepfather)
|Stella Banderas , Grace
|5 feet 7 inches, 171cm
|58 kg or 127 lbs
|Los Angeles, California, United States
|Aspen Community School in Aspen, Colorado,
|Traveling and Driving
|Mercedes Benz CL Class , Audi S Q5 , Mercedes Benz E 350
Who is Dakota Johnson Parents? | Early Life, Bio
Dakota Johnson’s full name is Dakota Mayi Johnson. Because of her parents’ jobs, Johnson spent most of her youth on film sets with them, but she spent long periods in Aspen and Woody Creek, Colorado.
Melanie Griffith, a well-known actress, is her mother’s name. Similarly, she is most known for her role in the comedy film Something Wild (1986), Working Girl, for which Jhonson was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress and won a Golden Globe.
Dakota’s mother has been a source of inspiration for her acting career. Her mother constantly encouraged her to pursue a career as an actor. Also, Dakota’s mother is the most iconic woman in her life.
Dakota’s father, too, is none other than actor and songwriter Don Johnson. Actor Don is most famous for his portrayal of James “Sonny” Crockett in the 1980s TV series Miami Vice, for which Don received a Golden Globe nomination. Don Johnson has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame due to his decades of work in the Hollywood industry.
Dakota spent her first year of high school at the Santa Catalina School in Monterey, California, before moving to New Roads School in Santa Monica, California.
Johnson grew interested in modeling at the age of twelve after participating in a Teen Vogue photoshoot with other celebrities’ children.
Who Are Dakota’s Siblings? Are They Celebrity Too?
This beautiful actress is blessed to have six half-siblings. On her mother’s side, she has one half-brother, Alexander Bauer, and one half-sister, Stella Banderas. On her father’s side, she has three half-brothers—Jesse Wayne Johnson, Jasper Breckenridge Johnson, and Deacon Johnson—and one half-sister, Grace Johnson.
Dakota’s siblings, except Jesse Johnson, are not active in the entertainment business. Dakota occasionally shares photos of herself and her siblings having fun together. She frequently references them in conversations and captions.
How Old Is Dakota Johnson? – Age, Height, and Body Statistics
This American model and actress were born on October 4, 1989. She is 31 years old in July 2021 and is being held under the sign of Libra. She is 171 cm tall and is 5 feet 7 inches tall. Her trainer, who was supposed to maintain her in shape, has yet to be revealed.
She is, nevertheless, frequently spotted in exercise clothing and sweats. Perhaps she is taking care of her own body.
As a result, her body weight is just 58 kg or 127 pounds in general. She looks stunning with blue eyes and blonde hair, which complements her slender physique.
Her body measurements are around 34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm. To match her stature, she wears shoe size 6 (US) or 36.5 (EU) and clothing size 4 (US) or 36 (EU).
- Similarly, Johnson made her film debut in 1999 with Crazy in Alabama, in which she and her sister Stella Banderas portrayed the children of their real-life mother, Melanie Griffith. Antonio Banderas, her then stepfather, directed the picture.
- She was named Miss Golden Globe 2006 in 2006, making her the first second-generation Miss Golden Globe in the organization’s history.
- In addition, Johnson continued to take acting courses with teacher Tom Todoroff after she graduated from high school until 2008.
- She played Amelia Ritter, a minor character in the Oscar-nominated blockbuster film The Social Network (2010), directed by David Fincher.
- Likewise, She appeared in the fantasy film Beastly in a minor part. Similarly, she starred in For Ellen, directed by So Yong Kim and starring Paul Dano and Jon Heder.
- Likewise, actress Dakota has been in many comedies, including Nicholas Stoller’s romance comedy The Five-Year Engagement and 21 Jump Street.
- Similarly, She also portrayed the female lead in Chris Nelson’s film Date and Switch, written by Alan Yang.
- Johnson made her television debut in March 2012, when she was hired as Kate in the Fox comedy series Ben and Kate. After one season, the program was terminated on January 25, 2013.
- Likewise, Johnson’s cinematic career immediately restarted, with a tiny appearance in Need for Speed (2014).
- She appeared as one of the recruits in the series finale episode of the NBC comedy series The Office in 2013.
2015 – Present
- Johnson’s breakout performance was as Anastasia “Ana” Steele in the erotic romantic drama film Fifty Shades of Grey, released in February 2015 and earned her international acclaim. Johnson beat out Lucy Hale, Felicity Jones, Elizabeth Olsen, Danielle Panabaker, and Shailene Woodley for the part.
- In 2015, she appeared alongside Johnny Depp in the feature film Black Mass, portraying the mother of his character’s kid.
- In the same year, Cymbeline, a modern cinematic adaptation of William Shakespeare’s play, was released, in which she co-starred with Ethan Hawke and Ed Harris.
- She also co-starred with Leslie Mann and her Date and Switch co-star Nicholas Braun in the 2016 comedy How to Be Single. In June 2016, Johnson was asked to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- In 2018, she co-starred with Jeff Bridges, Jon Hamm, and Chris Hemsworth in Drew Goddard’s neo-noir film Bad Times at the El Royale.
- Johnson appeared alongside Armie Hammer in the psychological horror-thriller Wounds, directed by Babak Anvari, in 2019.
- Not to mention, he subsequently featured in The Peanut Butter Falcon, a well-received indie adventure film, alongside Shia LaBeouf and Bruce Dern.
- She starred in the drama picture Our Friend, directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite and starring Casey Affleck and Jason Segel.
- Johnson made her directorial debut in 2020, co-directing (with Cory Bailey) Coldplay’s “Cry Cry Cry” music video, which starred her boyfriend, Chris Martin. Johnson co-starred in the comedy-drama film The High Note, which will be released on May 29, 2020, starring Tracee Ellis Ross.
- Dakota will next appear in Maggie Gyllenhaal’s The Lost Daughter, based on Elena Ferrante’s novel of the same name, and Stephanie Allyne and Tig Notaro’s Am I Ok?
- In the first place, Johnson has also agreed to act in and produce Rodeo Queens, an Amazon Studios mockumentary series helmed by Carrie Brownstein.
Does Dakota Have A Boyfriend? – Relationship Status
This 31-year-old lady has dated several actors in the film business. Johnson previously had long-term partnerships with American musician Noah Gersh. Their romance was brief.
Interestingly later in her life, she dated American actor Jordan Masterson. Her relationship with Masterson also did not work out.
She dated Matthew Hitt, the main singer of Welsh indie rock band Drowners, on and off for over two years till 2016.
Are Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin Dating Each Other?
Since October 2017, she has been in a relationship with British musician and vocalist Chris Martin. Similarly, they currently reside in Malibu, California.
On the other hand, the couple has been seen with matching tattoos and has attended several events together.
What Is Dakota Johnson’s Net Worth?
Dakota earns a lot of money from her profession. This stunning actress has a total net worth of $14 million in 2021. It’s all due to her outstanding performances in blockbuster films.
Furthermore, Johnson has been designated a brand ambassador for the luxury fashion company Gucci. It was reported in November 2020 that she would become an investor and co-creative director of Maude, a sexual health brand.
In like manner, she also has exotic car collections. Her exotic car collections include Mercedes Benz CL-Class, Audi S Q5, Mercedes Benz E 350.
Dakota has also invested in real estate. It is in a fantastic location, just a short walk from the beach, shops, and schools. Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin paid $12.5 million for their Malibu house.
Social Media Presence
Actress Johnson, like other celebrities, is active on social media. Also, because social media supports an actor’s brand so much more these days, it is a beautiful method to stay connected with their followers and keep them informed.
Dakota Johnson is active on Instagram right now.
Instagram: 4.2 million followers
Some Facts about Dakota Johnson:
- Dakota Johnson made her cinematic debut in the 1999 picture Crazy in Alabama. The film was directed by her stepfather, Antonio Banderas.
- Dakota went to treatment for addiction when she was just 17 years old in 2007.
- Additionally, Dakota Johnson has a slew of tattoos all over her body, as one might expect. She may like having body art because she has so many of them, but she has stated that she regrets some of them.
- In the same way, this marvelous diva is a fantastic model and an accomplished actor, but she aspired to go even farther and launch her own production business. She opted to collaborate with Ro Donnelly, a former Netflix development executive. TeaTime Pictures was created as a result of their collaboration.
- Likewise, Dakota Johnson has a social media account, but she does not use it frequently, unlike other celebrities. Dakota doesn’t feel compelled to use it to defend herself.
- Furthermore, actress Dakota appeared in the comedy Ben and Kate in 2012. Unfortunately, the show was terminated without even finishing the whole season owing to abysmal ratings.