Orlando Bloom is most known for his roles in The Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean. He is one of The Lord of the Rings’ most beloved characters. He rose to prominence as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings film series, which he repeated in The Hobbit film series. Actor Bloom rose to prominence after playing the character of Will Turner in the Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise. Orlando Bloom net worth was increased from performing in high-profile films.
In 2007, Orlando made his professional theatrical debut in In Celebration at the Duke of York’s Theatre in London. He earned the BAFTA Britannia Humanitarian Award in 2015.
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts about Orlando Bloom
|Birth Name||Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Copeland Bloom|
|Nick Name||Orlando Bloom|
|Age||45 years old|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Birth Place||Canterbury, Kent, England|
|Date of Birth||13-Jan-77|
|Mother’s Name||Sonia Constance Josephine|
|Father’s Name||Colin Stone|
|Sibling||3, Samantha, Steve, Peter|
|Height||5 feet 11 in. tall, or 180 cm|
|Weight||77kg (170 pounds )|
|Body Measurement||44-14.5-33 inches|
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Shoe Size||Under Review|
|College/University||Guildhall School of Music and Drama|
|Children||2, Daisy Love, Flynn Bloom|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$40 million|
Orlando Bloom Net Worth
Orlando Bloom net worth is believed to be $40 million. He has made the most of his fortune by performing in films. He amassed a net worth of more than $40 million after securing the roles of Legolas in The Lord of the Rings and Will Turner in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
Bloom was paid $175k for his part as the elf archer Legolas. Similarly, Bloom was paid $1 million for his role in The Hobbit film. Orlando offered his Beverly Hills property for $9 million in March 2019. He paid $7 million for the house in 2017.
Katy and Orlando spent $14.2 million for a nearly 9-acre mansion in Montecito, California, in October 2020. Bloom owns car Porsche Cayenne and a classic Porsche 911.
Who is Orlando Bloom Parents?
The full name of Orlando Bloom is Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Copeland Bloom. He was born in Canterbury, Kent, on January 13, 1977. He was named after English composer Orlando Gibbons, it was learned. Orlando Bloom is fortunate to have an elder sister, Samantha Bloom, and Brothers Steve Bloom, Peter Bloom.
Bloom first mistook his biological father, South African-born anti-apartheid author Harry Bloom, for his biological father. Bloom was four years old when the novelist died.
Bloom’s mother, however, disclosed to him when he was thirteen that his real father was Colin Stone, his mother’s companion and family friend. Following Harry Bloom’s death, Orlando Bloom’s legal guardian was Stone, the Concorde International language school principal.
Sonia Constance Josephine, Bloom’s mother, was born in Kolkata, India. Francis John Copeland, a physician, and a surgeon, was his grandpa.
Bloom grew up in the Church of England. He went to St Peter’s Methodist Primary School and subsequently the King’s School, junior school. He afterward enrolled at St Edmund’s School in Canterbury. Bloom was found to be dyslexic.
Following his school prize submission actor Richard Sieben in 1992, he traveled to London in 1993 to pursue a two-year A Level study in Drama, Photography, and Sculpture at Fine Arts College, Hampstead. He subsequently joined the National Youth Theatre, where he spent two seasons before obtaining a scholarship to the British American Drama Academy. Bloom also studied acting at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
Orlando Bloom Age, Height, Weight, Body Measurement
Bloom was born in 1977, and he is a member of the Bloom family. On January 13, he celebrates his birthday. Orlando Bloom is 45 years old and focusing on his career in 2022.
Similarly, he was born under the Capricorn solar sign, and as such, Actor Bloom is a passionate and hardworking man. In terms of height, this attractive actor stands at 5 feet 11 inches, which converts to 180 cm in general. He also has a bodyweight of 170 pounds, which converts to 77 kg.
Bloom’s most distinguishing features are his big nose, lovely grin, and elfish appearance. This gentleman has naturally brown hair and brown eyes.
His physical dimensions are 44-14.5-33 inches. His chest measures 44 inches, while his waist measurement is 33 inches. Similarly, his biceps are 14.5 inches long.
Likewise, the details of shoe size and dress size are not available. We will update the information once it is made available.
- Bloom made his cinematic debut in 1997, playing a minor role as a rent boy in the film Wilde.
- In his first significant part, he was cast, portraying Legolas in The Lord of the Rings film trilogy (2001–2003), two days after graduating from Guildhall in 1999.
- At the same time, Bloom appeared as PFC Todd Blackburn in Ridley Scott’s military picture Black Hawk Down.
- For three years in a row, all members of the Rings ensemble were nominated for Best Ensemble Acting at the Screen Actors Guild Awards. Likewise, they won the award in 2003 for the third film, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- Bloom then featured in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, a summer blockbuster starring Keira Knightley and Johnny Depp.
- Following the success of Pirates, Bloom’s next project was Troy, in which he starred with Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, and Peter O’Toole.
- He starred in Ridley Scott’s Kingdom of Heaven and Cameron Crowe’s Elizabethtown (both 2005).
- Bloom appeared in the sequel Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest in 2006.
- Bloom later reprised his role as Will Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, released on May 24, 2007.
- During the summer of 2007, he featured in a London production of David Storey’s play In Celebration.
- In 2009, he was one of several actors to feature in the New York film I Love You, which combined 12 short films into one.
- Bloom starred in The Three Musketeers, a 2011 film starring Milla Jovovich, Logan Lerman, Matthew Macfadyen, Ray Stevenson, and Luke Evans. Likewise, Bloom reprised his role as Legolas in Parts 2 and 3 of Peter Jackson’s three-part prequel to The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit.
- Bloom did resume his role as Will Turner in the fifth film, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, which was released in May 2017.
Awards and Accolades
In 2002, he was named one of Teen People’s “25 Hottest Stars Under 25,” In 2004, he was crowned People’s hottest Hollywood bachelor.
Bloom has also received several honors for his portrayal as Legolas in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, including European Film Awards, Hollywood Festival Awards, Empire Awards, and Teen Choice Awards, and has been nominated for many more.
He earned the BAFTA Britannia Humanitarian Award in 2015.
Who wouldn’t want to date this beautiful actor? He has dated several high-profile women. Bloom was in an on-again, off-again relationship with American actress Kate Bosworth from 2003 to September 2006.
Bloom began dating Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr in late 2007. They announced their engagement in June 2010 and married the next month.
Kerr gave birth to their baby in Los Angeles on January 6, 2011. On October 25, 2013, Bloom and Kerr revealed that they had separated some months before and decided to break their marriage. By the end of 2013, they were divorced.
Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom met at a Golden Globes after-party in 2016 and hit it off right away. Bloom began dating American singer and songwriter Katy Perry in January 2016; however, the couple announced their breakup in February 2017. They were together again in February 2018 and got engaged on February 14, 2019.
The lovely pair were expecting their first child together on March 5, 2020, as announced in the music video for Perry’s song “Never Worn White.” Daisy Dove, their daughter, was born in August.
She is Orlando’s second child. Flynn, his nine-year-old child with ex-wife Miranda Kerr.
After the loss of Bloom’s dog, the pair got a new puppy named Buddy in November 2020. The lovely couple made their first onscreen appearance together in a short film called Transmissions from the Future.
Orlando Bloom Social Media
Instagram: 5.5m followers
Orlando Bloom Facts
- Orlando Bloom was diagnosed with moderate dyslexia when he was 11 years old. Despite having a high IQ, he struggled with spelling and reading. Drama school was quite beneficial in this sense.
- Orlando Bloom’s first employment came when he was 13 years old. Actor Bloom worked at a clay pigeon shooting range as a clay trapper.
- Orlando was cast in his breakthrough role as Legolas just two days after graduating.
- Orlando was trained in stage fighting while at Guildhall. This has proven to be remarkably handy in his profession, which has seen him fight with swords, knives, and bows and arrows.
- He injured a rib while filming “The Lord of the Rings,” broke one leg in a motorbike accident, and broke the other leg while skiing. He also fractured his skull three times and shattered his back after falling three stories from a friend’s house in 1999 when the drainpipe he was scaling collapsed, leaving him paralyzed for four days.