If you are a huge fan of Back to the Future trilogy, then Michael J Fox might be one of your favorite actors. He rose to prominence by playing the part of Marty McFly in the Sci-fi Movie.
With his talent and experience, Michael has become the recipient of Primetime Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Screen actors Guild Awards, Grammy Awards, and more. Similarly, he won Canada’s Walk of fame in 2000, and in 2002 he received the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Some of his famous movies include Back to the Future Franchise, Family Ties, mars Attacks, Greedy, For Love or Money, Life with Mikey, Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, The Hard Way, to mention some. As a matter of fact, he is the man behind the voice of the very popular character Stuart Little.
We will go back to the past through this article to unravel each and everything about this handsome man. The discussion elaborates on his childhood, age, body, career, net worth, and battle with Parkinson’s disease. Let’s get started with some quick facts;
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Michael Andrew Fox|
|Date of Birth||June 09, 1961|
|Birth Place||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Age||60 years old|
|Father’s Name||William Fox|
|Siblings||Kelli Fox (Younger Sister) (Stage & Television Actress), Karen Fox (Sister), Jacki Fox (Sister), Steven Fox (Brother)|
|Height||5 ft 4 in or 163 cm|
|Weight||66 kg or 145.5 pounds|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Updating Soon|
|Education||Burnaby Central Secondary School, Burnaby South Secondary School.|
|Net Worth||$65 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
Who Is Michael J Fox? Parents and Siblings
This actor was born Michael Andrew Fox. He was raised in the beautiful place of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Michael was born to his father, William Fox, who was active as a police officer, whereas his mother is Phyllis, who was active as a payroll clerk and actress.
It might be because of his mother that Fox is more into acting. Along with this, Michael is blessed to have two sisters Kelli Fox, Karen Fox, Jacki Fox, and one brother Steven Fox.
In 1971, Michael’s father retired from his job, and the Fox family migrated to Vancouver, British Columbia. Unfortunately, he lost his father on the 6th day of January in 1990.
How Old Is Michael J Fox?- Age, Height, and Body Measurement
This creative actor was born in the year of 1961 on the 9th day of June. In 2021, Michael is 60 years old and falls under the sun sign of Gemini.
He stands tall at a small stature of 5 feet 4 inches which converts to 163 cm. Furthermore, Fox has limited his body weight to 66 kg, which is 145.5 pounds in general.
Other than this feature, Michael has very attractive light blue eyes which look dashing in dark brown hair. Moreover, he is blessed to have a very youthful voice that charms anyone’s day.
Where Did Michael J Fox Study? Education and Childhood
Growing up in Canada, Michael enrolled in Burnaby Central Secondary School. Not to mention he now owns a theater named Burnaby South Secondary.
At the tender age of 15, he decided to start his career as an actor. After working hard, he finally got his work in the Canadian television series Leo and Me. Moreover, Fox is a Canadian as well as an American actor who comes from white ethnicity.
Who Is The Wife of Michael J Fox? Does He Have Kids?
This diligent actor met the love of his life in the summer of 1985. Michael met Tracy Pollan on the set of Family Ties when she was auditioning for the role. Pollan was dating actor Kevin Bacon during that time, but the duo collaborated in Bright Lights, Big City, and things started hitting off.
After a year, in 1988, July 26, this lovey-dovey couple decided to take their relationship to a whole new level. Fortunately, the duo tied the knot in the West Mountain inn located in Arlington, Vermont.
Soon after their marriage, Tracy got pregnant with their first kid, and everything was different for them. Firstly on May 30, 1989, son Sam Michael was born. In 2021, he is already 32 years old.
Secondly, Tracy gave birth to their second child. Luckily they were twins named Aquinnah Kathleen and Schuyler Frances, who was born on February 15, 1995. Similarly, in 2021, they are 26 years old.
Lastly, Michael was flabbergasted to have the young daughter of Esme Annabelle on November 3, 2001. Likewise, in 2021, she will be 20 years old. Moreover, the family of two soon grew to become a family of 6.
What Is The Michael J Fox’s Net Worth?
Being a comedian, actor, author, and film producer, Michael accumulated a huge sum of money from his career. In 2021 alone, Fox’s net worth calculates to $65 million.
Although his career halted for some time after he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s, Michael deliberately appeared in some of the small shows. That is the main reason why he has been able to accumulate some amount.
When Did Michael J Fox was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease?- Michael J Fox Foundation.
This young actor was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease when he was at the peak of his career. Although he suffered from Parkinson’s in 1991, Fox did not reveal his condition to the media until 1998.
After that, Michael committed to eradicating Parkinson’s disease and initiated a campaign to research the condition. Soon he co-founded The Michael J Fox Foundation on May 23, 2000, dedicated to researching Parkinson’s disease.
According to New York Times, it was the most credible voice on Parkinson’s Research globally. Today, the foundation has become one of the largest nonprofit funders of Parkinson’s drug development. People admire him for his tireless work and patience in supporting the cause.
Michael J Fox Tv Shows and Movies
- This 60 years old actor initiated his career as n actor from the Tv show named The Beachcomber.
- Eventually, in 1980, he made a debut in the comedy movie named Midnight Madness. In the film, he portrayed the role of Scott Larson.
- This actor rose to prominence when he first appeared as Marty McFly in Back to the Future in 1985. Four years later, another series of the same movie was released. Finally, Back to the Future Part III was in the theatre in 1990.
- In addition to this, Michael gave his voice to one of the famous characters Stuart Little in 1999. This movie was later extended to Stuart Little 2 and Stuart Little 3.
- He suffered from Parkinson’s disease in 1991, which directly affected his career badly. However, he appeared in some of the movies.
- Some of his famous movies include Doc Hollywood (1991), The Hard Way (1991), Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (1993), Life with Mikey (1993), For Love or Money (1993), Where the Rivers Flow North (1994), Greedy (1994), to mention few.
List of Books
- Lucki Man: A Memoir
- Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future: Twist and Turns and Lessons Learned
- No Time Like the Future: An Optimist Considers Mortality
Awards and Honors
- Michael was honored with an honorary degree of Doctor of Fine Arts from the New York University in 2008 May.
- Similarly, on 2010 March 5, he was honored with a doctorate in medicine for his remarkable work regarding Parkinson’s disease.
Likewise, in 2000, he received Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- On 2002, December 16, Fox received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The greatest rapper of all time, Eminem mentioned this actor in some of his songs named Cold Wind Block and Won’t Back Down.
- Michael’s name was listed among the 12 Promising New Actors of 1985 in John Wills Screen World volume 37.
Social Media Presence
To get along with the young generation, Michael has been active on different social media platforms. He not only shares his daily activities but also shares pictures of his beautiful family.
You can follow this actor on Instagram and Twitter.
Instagram: 1.1 million followers
Twitter: 1.4 million followers
- Michael is a Canadian citizen and received American citizenship in the year of 2000.
- During his teenage time, Fox had appeared on the stage of The Shadow Box, which made him aware of what he desired to do in his life.
- A professional hockey player Cam Neely is a good friend of Michael.
- At the time of registering Screen Actors Guild, Michael discovered another actor named Michael A. Fox. To stop the confusion between the two stars, he changed his middle name to J to honor his favorite actor Michael J Pollard.
- In 1980, he lost the role of Conrad in the movie Ordinary People. Later the role was given to Timothy, and he received Oscars for being the Best Supporting Actor.
- At first, the role of Alex in Family Ties was given to Matthew Broderick, but he could not do the job due to personal reasons. Eventually, the role was given to Michael.
- Michael negotiated his role of Alex P. Keaton of Family Ties at the payphone of a local restaurant, Pioneer Chicken.
- Until now, Fox has been nominated 18 times for the Emmy Awards and won 5 out of them; Among them, he gathered three awards for his role in the Family Ties.
- Michaels memoirs of No Time Like the Future were released in November 2020.
- Due to Parkinson’s disease, this actor had trouble memorizing his acting lines.