The Green Mile actor Michael Clarke Duncan cause of death was declared natural. His death was a great loss to the movie industry, and many missed him in his last days.
Several actors surfaced and gave him condolences as well as received tributes from many. He is one of my favorite characters on-screen and off-screen.
This actor builds a reputation for himself as John Coffey in The Green Mile. Not to mention he was nominated for the Oscar for his very role.
Apart from this, Michael has appeared in the movies such as The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, The Scorpion King, and Planet of the Apes. The Whole Nine Yards, Armageddon, Bones, Brother Bear, and Green Lantern.
Today, we will glare at Michael Clarke Duncan cause of death in detail. Therefore, the discussion will not only include Michael Clarke Duncan cause of death but his lifestyle and everything in between. Here are some of the quick facts;
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Michael Clarke Duncan
|Hollywood, Big Mike, Papa Bear
|Date of Birth
|December 10, 1957.
|Chicago, Illinois, United States
|54 years old
|6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
|143 kg or 315 lbs
|Alcorn State University
|Social Media Presence
What Is Michael Clarke Duncan Cause of Death? Was Michael Clarke Duncan Cause of Death Natural?
This Green mile ctor was announced dead at A Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Michael Clarke Duncan cause of death was reported to be a heart attack.
Likewise, he passed away in 2012 on the 3rd of September at 54 years old. Similarly on August 6, Michael was put in I.C.U. But remained hospitalized. By September, his complication increased was he died on the spot.
Not to mention his funeral was held in Los Angeles at Forest Lawn Memorial Hollywood Hills. Fans were devastated by this fact, and many tributes provided their condolences.
His co-star Bruce Wilis stated that he was a great human being, and they will miss the big Mike in a big way.
Michael Clarke Duncan Parents and Siblings
This handsome actor was born in the Chicago, Illinois. His mother, Jean Duncan raised him alone as a house cleaner. His father left the family when he was just a kid.
Furthermore, he is blessed to have a sister who goes by the name of Judy Duncan. Moreover, Michale is an American citizen who hails from black ethnicity.
How Old Was Michael Clarke Duncan? How Tall Was He?
One thing Michael was famous for was his muscular body, tall height, and his large appearance. Many might know this, but Michael stands tall at a towering height of 6 feet 5 inches which converts to 195.5 cm.
He used to celebrate his birthday on the 3rd day of September in the year 2012. As mentioned above, Michael Clarke Duncan cause of death was natural, and he died 54 years ago.
Moreover, he fell under the sun sign of Sagittarius. Furthermore, he had maintained his body weight to 143 kg, which converts to 315 pounds in general.
The most distinctive feature of Michael was his large muscular physique, Nubian nose, wide smile, shaved head, and of course, deep voice. Similarly, he had dark brown hair and a pair of dark brown eyes.
Michael Clarke Duncan Movies
- Before being involved in acting, Michael an active as a security guard. He worked as a body guar for stars like Jamie Foxx, Will Smith, LL Cool J, Martin Lawrence, and The Notorious B.I.G.
- When the rapper Notorious B.I.G. was killed, Michael decided to quit his work as a security guard. Soon after this, he became a bouncer and appeared in many movies.
- Similarly, in 1995 he made a debut in the movie industry as well as the tv industry by appearing in Friday and Slash, respectively.
- Likewise, his movie In the hive, A Resurrection, from the rough, and The Challenger was on a posthumous release.
- During Michael’s career, he has appeared in A Crush on You, Cross, Redemption Road, The Slammin Salmon, Kung Fu Panda, Delgo, Welcome Home Rescue Jenkins, Slipstream, The Last Mimzy, Air Buddies, Brother Bear, One Way, and many more.
- Furthermore, Duncan has appeared in T.V.T.V. shows such as a sister, sister, Built to Last, Living Single, The Wayans Bros, Sparks, The Jamie Foxx Show, Arliss, Married with Children, Weird Science, Renegade, The Bold and the Beautiful amongst other.
Awards and Nominations
- Nominated: Online Film Critics Society Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated: MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance
- Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated: NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture
- Nominated: Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture
- Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated: Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Most Promising Actor
- Nominated: Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Black Reel Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated: Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actor
- Nominated: Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role
Michael Clarke Duncan In The Green Mile
In 1999, Michael was cast as John Coffey in the famous movie the Green Mile, based on the book written by Stephen King. For his role alone, this actor received love, awards, and recognition worldwide.
The movie was directed by Frank Darabont and was aired in 1999. The show featured Tom Hanks, David Morse, Bonnie Hunt, Graham Green, James Cromwell, and Harry Dean Stanton.
Surprisingly, the movie garnered a huge $286 million from the box office. Not to mention the movie was made under a budget of $60 million.
Who Is The Wife of Michael Clarke Duncan? Was He Married?
This famous actor has dated plenty of women in the industry. In 2002, it was revealed that Michael was seeing beautiful Alisha Harrison.
However, their relationship only lasted for a couple of years. Simialry in 2004, he was linked with Irene Marquez. However, this relationship lasted only for a year.
Duncan was with Vanessa Bosele for a year. However, at the time of his demise. Michael was planning to start a family with Omarosa Manigault.
They had been dating for a couple of years and were engaged. Despite this, they could not walk down the aisle as the actor could not make. In addition to this, The Green Mile actor does not have any kids.
Duncan’s Family Accused Michael’s Fiance of Manipulating Him.
Michael’s sister was feuded with Omarosa and claimed that she made Michael alter his will s she would receive most of his will, and very few were left for her family.
Judy also revealed that the last time she saw Michael was a bit off and was not acting like her normal self. She explained,
” I think anyone can be manipulated any time. I think there is always somebody going to try and get something out of you, and I think that’s what it was. People want me to talk on her, and it is like, what can you say about a serpent other than it is a serpent? I am not a snake handler, so I stay away.”
She elaborates that Michael was not in the sound of mind when he made the alternating. An anonymous niece of Duncan surfaced that Manigault was asking for his sperm while the actor was in the coma.
Even more after Michael’s death, she received most of his personal belongings. Manigault was willing to have Michale’s Green MIle chair as a keepsake, but it was already sold.
He also elaborated that one of his niece’s sons wanted to get Michael’s favorite watch and cologne, but he did not receive anything. Furthermore, she also told the media.
“She got some stuff that my oldest son should’ve had in the will. And also, it was changed to the point where the will stated that if anybody in the will contested, they got nothing. Who writes that in a will?”
What Is The Net Worth of Michael Clarke Duncan?
This 6 feet 5 inches tall actor has appeared in several movies to earn millions of money. In 2022, Michael had a total net worth of $8 million.
Michael was a smart man and often spent his money on real estate. Back in 2001, he paid more than $1 million for his house in Woodland Hills, California.
After Duncan’s death, this house was listed for less than $1.3 million. Fortunately, the house was sold for $1.15 million in 2014.
Social Media Presence
Michael is a lovable character who has ruled people’s hearts all over the world. As he is no longer among us, Michael is missed dearly.
In addition to this, he cannot be found on any social media platforms. It appears that he was active on any social media platforms even before his death.