Malin Akerman is a Swedish-born Canadian actress, model, and singer who rose to fame after beginning her career as a model and actress in her home country. However, the actress struggled for years to achieve her Hollywood dream, but she was able to break into the industry with roles in films such as The Utopian Society and Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, as well as the television show The Comeback.
Malin rose to prominence with the film The Brothers Solomon, and she became well-known among her fans with the movie The Heartbreak Kid and 27 Dresses. Slowly and steadily, the actress landed more prominent roles in commercially profitable films such as Watchmen, The Proposal, and Couples Retreat.
Åkerman also collaborated with A-list Hollywood stars in Wanderlust, Rock of Ages, and Stolen and earned critical acclaim for her performance in The Final Girls. Childrens Hospital has been her longest-running series in her television career, while Trophy Wife is her most popular show.
The Swedish actress was also a member of the band The Petalstones as a singer.
Table of Contents
Malin Akerman: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Malin Maria Åkerman|
|Date of Birth||12th May 1978|
|Birth Place||Stockholm, Sweden|
|Father’s Name||Magnus Akerman|
|Mother’s Name||Pia Sundström|
|Siblings||Jennifer Akerman, Mikaela Akerman (Sisters)|
|Height||5 feet 8 inch|
|Body Measurements||34-26-35 inches|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram and Twitter|
Malin Akerman Bio | Education And Early Life
Malin Akerman was born in Stockholm, Sweden, on 12th May 1978, to Pia Sundström and Magnus Akerman. Her mother was an aerobics instructor and a part-time model, and her father was an insurance broker.
Her parents located to Canada when she was two years old after her father was offered a job there. Sadly, her parents divorced when she was six, and after that, she stayed in Canada with her mother while her father moved back to Sweden.
Then again, she relocated to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, with her mother after she married for the second time. She also has a younger stepbrother from her mother’s second marriage and two stepsisters from her father’s side of the family.
Meanwhile, Akerman attended multiple schools, including Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in St. Catharines, Ontario, North Toronto Collegiate Institute, and Dante Alighieri Academy. Then she started paying for her studies by modeling for tv advertisements and catalog layouts.
The future actress decided to study psychology at York University in Toronto. Then Malin started getting guest roles on television due to her success in advertising. She saw acting jobs as more chances to pay for her studies, but she ended up loving it so much that she dropped out of school to pursue a career as an actress.
Age And Body Measurements
Malin has a stunning body as she completely swears by the law of a healthy diet and regular exercise. As of May 2021, the beautiful actress is 43 years old in fact; she celebrated her birthday just a couple of days back. This beautiful actress stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs about 56 kilograms.
In addition, this stunning actress’s dress size is 4 (US), and her shoe size is 9 (US).
Since the actress is committed to living a very safe lifestyle, she has a lovely body that measures 34-26-35 inches despite being in her early forties. Her distinguishing qualities are her attractive pair of dark brown eyes and her luscious blonde hair.
Malin is also really fond of tattoos. She has the first letter of her ex-husband’s surname, ‘Z,’ tattooed on her forearm and a lotus flower tattoo on her upper back, which represents her Buddhist faith.
Malin Akerman began her modeling career as a child model at the age of five and continued to feature in television advertisements until she was twelve. She won the Ford Supermodel of Canada contest at 17 and signed with a modeling agency. And now let’s have a look at her successful film and tv career.
1997 – 2007
- In 1997, she made her acting debut as a guest star as a robot in the Canadian science fiction series Earth: Final Conflict. After a three-year hiatus, she returned to television in 2000 on the shows The Others and Relic Hunter. She made her feature film debut in the American psychological thriller The Skulls.
- Akerman moved to Los Angeles, California, with a friend from her university in 2001, after making guest appearances in Canadian television shows such as Doc, Twice in a Lifetime, and Witchblade.
- She finally landed a minor part in the 2003 film The Utopian Society, followed by another in the 2004 comedy film Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.
- Just as she was contemplating relocating to Canada, she was cast in the supporting role of Juna on the HBO television series The Comeback, which opened up a slew of new doors for her.
- The editor of her film The Utopian Society, Francesco Sondelli, invited her to sing for his punk rock band Ozono. She later became the band’s lead guitarist, renaming themselves The Petalstones and releasing their debut album, Stung, in August 2005.
- Moreover, the diva eventually quit the band and opted to concentrate on her acting career.
- She appeared as a regular on the television shows Love Monkey and Entourage in 2006.
- In 2007, she rose to prominence with the commercially and critically successful comedy film The Brothers Solomon.
- The same year, she received critical praise for her performance as Lila, the female lead in the comedy film The Heartbreak Kid, despite the film’s failure to attract critics.
2008 – 2019
- Then she has cast in the romantic comedy film 27 Dresses, released in January 2008, and co-starred Anne Fletcher and Katherine Heigl.
- She starred in the short film Bye Bye Sally, based on Lisa Mannetti‘s short story Everybody Wins.
- In 2009, she was cast as Silk Spectre II in Alan Moore’s graphic novel Watchmen.
- That same year, she starred in the romantic comedy film The Proposal, alongside Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, and another comedy film, Couples Retreat.
- In 2010, she received critical acclaim for her performance as the alopecic character Annie in the comedy-drama film Happy. Thank You. More. Please.
- The same year, she joined the sitcom series Childrens Hospital, which became one of her longest-running episodes.
- In 2011, she starred in many films, the most notable of which was The Bang Bang Club.
- She then co-starred in the 2012 comedy film Wanderlust with Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd.
- The same year, she appeared as a supporting actress in Tom Cruise’s Rock of Ages, for which she also shared a duet with him.
- She returned to television in 2013 as the lead in the ABC comedy Trophy Wife, where she gained favorable reviews.
- Her other credits include co-starring in the 2015 horror film The Last Girls and appearing in the 2016 tv series Billions.
- Akerman played Claire Wyden in Brad Peyton’s science fiction film, Rampage, in 2018. The film was a critical hit, grossing $428 million globally and finishing as the twenty-first highest-grossing film of 2018.
- Malin made a guest appearance as convicted killer Beulah Annan on the Comedy Central educational comedy series Drunk History in 2019.
- In Martha Stephens’ coming-of-age drama, To the Stars, Akerman played Grace Richmond, the mother of Liana Liberato‘s character in 2019. The film premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival, where it received favorable reviews from critics.
- Åkerman signed on for an NBC drama titled Prism in February 2019.
- Åkerman played her first Swedish-speaking film role in the jukebox musical film En del av mitt hjärta, directed by Edward af Sillén and based on music by Swedish singer Tomas Ledin.
- She also starred in The Sleepover, directed by Trish Sie for Netflix.
- Åkerman was cast in the comedy film Friendsgiving, directed by Nicol Paone in her directorial debut. Åkerman is also a producer on the project. She appeared in an episode of the AMC anthology series Soulmates, which premiered on 5 October 2020.
- In 2020, Åkerman played the lead role of Ally in the CBS comedy show, The Three of Us which was created by –.
Personal Life | Is Malin Akerman Married?
Malin married musician Roberto Zincone in 2007 after a few years of dating. For a long time, the couple was childless. However, it was revealed in 2012 that the actress was expecting a child. Sebastian Zincone, the couple’s son, was born.
While the baby was just seven months old, the news broke that Malin and Roberto were divorcing. Fans of the actress were taken aback because she had already spoken about the perfect friendship, inseparability, and shared understanding.
The ex-couple did not discuss the reasons for their split, but they did say they remained friends and would do anything for their son.
Then in 2017, the paparazzi photographed the actress with British actor Jack Donnelly. Their friendship grew with time, and they declared their engagement in the autumn of the same year. Then in late 2018, the couple got married in Tulum, Mexico.
Net Worth | How Much Does Malin Akerman Earn?
After nearly 25 years of consistently working in the film and television industry, the actress’s gross net worth is reported to be $10 million, which is not surprising considering how hardworking and professional she is and how good her films and television shows are.
The charismatic actress has appeared in many hit films like The Proposal, The Retreat, and Wanderlust, and her excellent success in these films has contributed to her considerable net worth.
Social Media Presence
Malin Akerman reportedly has accounts on two social media platforms, that is Instagram and Twitter. Let’s check her followers count.
Instagram – 511k followers
Twitter – 111k followers
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is Malin Akerman’s net worth?
The net worth of this Swedish-Canadian actress is approximately $10 million.
- Does Malin Akerman have a child?
Yes, the actress has a child named Sebastian from her first marriage.
- Who is Malin married to?
Since 2018, Malin is married to Jack Donnelly.
- How old is Malin Akerman?
Having been born in 12th May 1978, Malin is 43 years old.