Joey Lauren Adams is a trendy actress mainly famous for her unique voice. Adams has appeared in several favorite movies such as Chasing Army and other View Askewniverse created by director Kevin Smith.
Along with Chasing Army, some of Joey’s other popular movies are Dazed and Confused, The Break-Up, Bio-Dome, etc.
Due to her talent, Joey has been a fan favorite for many years. She also has a distinct voice which has become a trademark of some sort.
You may have noticed that in some of Joey Adams’s movies and may have been wondering about her life. Then this is the perfect place for you.
Please continue reading the article about Joey Adams below to know more about Joey Adams.
So, let’s start with a quick fact about The Chasing Army actress.
Table of Contents
Joey Lauren Adams Quick Facts
|Joey Lauren Adams
|54 years old
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Arkansas, North Little Rock
|Date of Birth
|9th January 1968
|5 ft 6 inches tall or 166 cm
|54 kg or 119 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
|San Diego college
|Net Worth (Approx.)
Joey Lauren Adams Early life, Parents, and Siblings
Joey Lauren Adams was born in Arkansas, USA, in a small city named North Little Rock. There is no information on Joey’s father’s and mother’s names.
Adams’ father owned a lumber yard and had his own small business, whereas her mother was a homemaker.
Joey was a timid girl but always loved movies and plays. She used to visit the local theatre and watch lots and lots of dramas and movies with her friends.
Joey had three daughters, and Joey Lauren was the youngest among them.
The identity of Joey’s sisters and what they do for a living has also been kept private. Joey Lauren joined Northeast High School and then moved to California for further studies.
You may also like Kevin Costner Dating, Movies, Tv-Shows, Wife, Kid, Net Worth >>
Lauren then joined San Diego college but wanted to become an actress after being passionate about movies. At first, Joey was not much confident, but she felt her dream could be accurate when she started to get offers.
Joey Lauren Adams Height, Weight, and Body Measurements
Joey Lauren Adams is currently 54 years old and her birthday falls on 9th January 1969. Adams stands at the height of 5 ft 5 inches tall or 166 cm.
Similarly, Joey weighs about 54 kg or 119 lbs. Joey’s body measurement is currently unknown, but she likes to wear a shoe size 7 US. The famous actress has light blonde color straight hair and light blue color eyes.
Joey Adams’s zodiac sign is Capricorn which explains how she became self-dependent, confident, and does not need anyone’s help. They are always ready to help everyone around them.
Joey is American and belongs to the White ethnicity. Furthermore, Adams follows Christianity as her religion. Joey liked to watch movies and travel from an early age, so traveling is still one of her hobbies to date.
The actress also likes swimming, and photography and wants to help poor people all over the country. She has been involved in lots of donations and charity for the welfare of many poor and disabled people.
- Joey Lauren Adams began acting when she was very young, and her career started in 1977. Adams’ first movie was titled Exorcist II: The Heretic, in which she has a minimal role. The film was decently successful.
- Joey continued struggling for acting roles, but it was hard to come by initially. The actress first had to work in various offices to earn money for a living. However, she did not give up on her dream to become an actress.
- Joey Adams finally got the lead role in “Top of the Heap,” released in 1991. The same year she appeared as the lead character of the show “Married….with Children” in its 100th episode.
- Joey also made her appearance in the spinoff of the series, which was only a couple of episodes long. Adams got her first big break in the famous movie “Dazed and Confused” as the lead character Simeone. The film was released in 1993 and was the first-ever primary direction of renowned director Richard Linklater.
- Another popular movie that was released in 1993 also featured Joey Adams. It was titled Coneheads, which was also the spinoff of Saturday Night Live. Joey appeared in the role of a friend of Connie Conehead.
- During the time, Joey Adams met director Kevin Smith. Smith was famous for his universe and had a massive fan following. Joey Adams managed to impress Kevin Smith, and sooner she got the role in Smith’s movie Mallrats. It was released in 1995 and also became quite a successful movie.
- Joey and Smith became very close during the show and even started dating. The relationship turned out to be a blessing for Kevin and Adams as his next movie inspiration was born.
Chasing Army and Big Movies
- Their relationship did not go on for long; however, there was no ill will, so Joey still would be the lead actress in his upcoming movie.
- At the same time, Joey Adams joined Bio-Dome, a very trendy slapstick comedy genre. On the show, Joey Adams played the role of Monique, who was the girlfriend of actor Pauly Shore. Respectable director Jason Bloom directed Bio-Dome.
- Joey Adams finally led one of the best movies of 1997 Chasing Army. In the movie, Joey played the role of Alyssia Jones, who was a lesbian. Suddenly she fell in love with a man and was acted by young Ben Affleck.
- Kevin Smith later admitted that due to Joey Adams’s nature, the idea of Chasing Army hit him. She was the perfect girl for the ideal role. Smith paid homage to Adams and gifted her Chasing Army with a Valentine’s Day gift penance after their breakup.
- Joey Adams also became a writer when she wrote the song Alive in the movie for the first time. After the success of Chasing Army, Joey Adams got offers from lots of films and other directors.
- However, she would never say no to Kevin Smith’s movie. Joey appeared in a couple more of Smith’s movies titled “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” and “Clerks: The Lost Scene.”
- Joey Adams’s direction debut came in 2006 when she directed her first movie titled Come Early Morning. Her first-ever film was selected for the Sundance Film Festival.
- Joey Adams also released her music video direction for the first time in 2009. The music video was titled Belle of the Boulevard.
- After taking hiatus from acting for directing movies, Joey Adams made her comeback in the series “The United States of Tara.”
- Joey Adams’s latest project is the reboot of Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. On the show, she is acting in the same role as Alyssa Jones in the movie Chasing Army.
Awards and Accolades
Joey Lauren Adams has won lots of awards and accolades, and almost all of them are from her movie “Chasing Army.”
Joey has won Breakthrough Performance in the MTV Movie Awards, Golden Globe Award, and Best Performance by an Actress. Adams was also honored by the Chicago Film Critics Most Promising Actress.
Along with winning these awards, Joey Lauren has got a nomination for over ten more awards which unfortunately did not win.
Joey Lauren Adams has been an iconic actress since her debut in 1997. Adams never had any controversy or rumor damaging her character.
She was on the news for dating director Kevin Smith, but Joey handled it maturely, and they are still friends to this day.
Every up-and-coming actress who wants to be famous and humble must look like Joey as a role model.
Joey Lauren Adams Husband and Children
Joey Adams is married to famous cinematographer Brian Vilim. Adams and Brian tied the knot in 2014 after dating for a couple of years. They are living together very happily.
There is no information on Joey Adam’s children to date. It seemed the couple did not have any children after some research.
However, she might have just prevented their identity of them.
Before marrying Brian Vilim, Joey Adams also dated the director Kevin Smith for a short period. They are still very close to each other. After Kevin Smith, Joey dated Vince Vaughn for some months.
But they also broke up without explaining the reason to the fans. There was also a rumor that Joey was dating Andrew Calder while she was married to Brian, but it was only a rumor and nothing more.
More on Brian Vilim
Brian Vilim is a well-known and respected cinematographer and producer. He is best known for his work in productions like Opus of an Angel, The Grind, and Tainted Rose. Other than his work, Vilim is known as the husband of Joey Lauren Adams.
Born in October of 2022, the cinematographer has not revealed any information when it comes to his family. Nothing is included about his childhood as well.
Along with high production works, Brian has also worked in some commercials including The Comeback Kid for Luxor Hotel Las Vegas, and Go Metro for Los Angeles Transit Authority.
Likewise, he has an estimated net worth of $4 million which includes annual earnings of $60k.
Joey Lauren Adams Net Worth
As of 2022, Joey Lauren Adams has a net worth of approximately $2 million. Joey has earned most of her earnings as a primary career of an actress. Some of her hit movies, such as Chasing Army, have made her millions.
Furthermore, Joey has also worked as a writer and director, which has boosted her income even more.
Although there are no reliable details on the salary or how much she earns, Joey has made lots of money for her and her family.
Some Interesting Facts About Joey Lauren Adams
- Hobbies: Traveling, Singing, Modeling
- Favorite Actor: Rory Cochrane
- Favorite Actress: Leslie Mann
- Movie: Big Daddy
- Favorite TV Shows: Married… with Children, Top of the Heap
- Favorite Destination: France
- Color: Purple
- Favorite Pets: Dogs
Joey Lauren Adams Instagram
Joey Lauren Adams is frequently active on social media. She is primarily active on Twitter and Instagram. Currently, Joey’s social media fan followings are:
Twitter – 9.2k followers
Instagram – 30k followers
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Joey Lauren Adams’ voice sound like?
Joey Adams has a unique voice that sounds like helium or a cat. She has stated that is her natural voice, but it is not normal.
- What is Joey Lauren Adams’ net worth?
Joey Adams has a net worth of approximately $2 million in 2022.