Have you ever received the chance to see The Witcher? If that’s the case, you’ve probably heard about Jodhi May. Well, she did an excellent job on the part of Queen Calanthe. She is not just a talented actor but also a writer and director.
While Jodhi has worked on various projects, you’re most likely familiar with her from ‘Game of Thrones,’ the popular show in which she portrayed Maggy in 2015. You might recognize her from her portrayal as Katharine Bulmore on the T.V. show ‘The Jury.’
Apart from her professional career, there is much to learn about her. She claims that she enjoys her profession but can do without the responsibilities that come with it.
She went into performing for acting, and the remainder of the frills and gimmicks are needles in her side. But, because she can’t avoid them, she pretends they don’t exist.
Jodhi May: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Jodhi May|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1975|
|Birth Place||Camden Town, London|
|Age||47 years old|
|Father’s Name||Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren|
|Mother’s Name||Jocelyn Hakim|
|Sister/brother name||Will Update Soon|
|Height||5ft 8ins (1.72m)|
|Body Type||Will Update Soon|
|Shoe Size||Will Update Soon|
|Religion||Will Update Soon|
|Sexuality||Will Update Soon|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Wife||Will Update Soon|
|Children||Will Update Soon|
|Children name||Will Update Soon|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Social Media Presence||Will Update Soon|
|Source of Wealth:||Writer, Director, and Performer|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
Jodhi was reared as a single kid in Camden Town. She was cared for by a Turkish-French mom Jocelyn Hakim, an art professor, and her German dad, whom she chooses not to discuss.
Jocelyn planned to marry Malcolm Robert Andrew McLaren, a late British singer, fashionista, and visual artist, while still a teenager, ostensibly to get citizenship. Jocelyn offered him £50 and eventually demanded a divorce, which Malcolm reportedly cost him almost £2,000 to obtain.
Vivienne Westwood subsequently became Malcolm’s wife. Jodhi is quiet about her dad, who abandoned her mom when she was just a few months old. Because Jocelyn was a sole mom, she recalls her mother creating a “very secure shield around her.”
Jodhi May is a professional and accomplished performer, writer, and director who wishes to do it because she enjoys it, not because people request it or shout her name while ripping their garments to shreds.
Jodhi graduated from Camden Girls school around 1993. She then went to Wadham College, Oxford University, where she earned a B.A. in English around 1997. Jodhi afterward studied acting at different art schools throughout London and Oxford.
‘There was never any possibility of me quitting education,’ Jodhi says, despite having her first appearance in the movie “A World Apart” while she was just 11 years old.
Not for a split second. In a 2006 interview with The Independent, she recounts her early years, saying, “I’ve usually liked school and am always quite intellectually driven.”
Age and Body Measurements
Celebrities are frequently seen as inaccessible and untouchable. We only get a peek of their world through the paparazzi, periodicals, and tabloids.
A celeb is far more than you can see on Television or learn about digitally. Jodhi Tania Edwards May was conceived in Camden Town, London, England, on May 8, 1975.
Jodhi’s astrological sign is Taurus, and she is a British citizen. This diva is a dark-haired woman with brown eyes. Her vital numbers are 34-24-36, and she is 5ft 8ins (1.72m) long and weighs roughly 132lbs (60kgs).
Taurus ladies are known for being laid-back and humble, yet they have an excellent potential for provocation if the conditions are favorable. If things don’t surpass their way, they may be exceedingly stubborn, which coincides with their dedication and perseverance.
All of these factors might cause Taurus friends and family members to feel impatient and angry with the Taurus woman in their lives.
Instead, she is pleased to be Jodhi, which is, after all, what life is all about, isn’t it?
- In the year 12, Jodhi May appeared in the movie in the anti-apartheid dramatic movie ‘A World Apart.’
- She starred in the 1994 movie ‘Sister My Sister,’ inspired by the 1933 Papin murder incident, in which two siblings had an obsessive lesbian affair and killed their boss and her child.
- Her portrayal in the dramatic film “The Gambler,” about which she won the Silver Dolphin Award for Best Actress, came next.
- May starred in the tv films “Warriors” & “The Turn of the Screw” in 1999.
- The same year, she co-starred in Terence Davies’ ‘The House of Mirth’ with Gillian AndersAfter that, she
- After that, she starred in the tv show ‘Tipping the Vel.
- The actress appeared in six parts of ‘The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard’ after appearing in the 2003 T.V. drama ‘The Other Boleyn Girl.’
- She starred in drama shows such as ‘Emma,’ ‘Strike Back,’ & ‘The Jury II.’
- May landed a role of ‘A.D. The Bible Continues’ in 2015, playing Leah, Caiaphas’ wife, and then starred in HBO’s ‘Game of Thrones season 5 the following year.
- The following year, she portrayed Susan Gilbert in ‘A Quiet Passion,’ a historical film on the lives of famous American writer Emily Dicki.
- In 2017, May appeared as a guest star in 2 episodes of ‘Genius.
- Jodhi also landed the character of Maggy, the fortuneteller, in multiple episodes of the hugely famous “Game of Thrones” show.
Awards and Accolades
Jodhi has been shortlisted for eight accolades and has won six of them. A Best Actress award at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival, a Most Promising Newcomer award at the 1989 Evening Standard British Movie Awards for “A World Apart,” and a Best Actress award at the 1994 Valladolid International Film Festival for “Sister My Sister.”
She also won a Silver Dolphin Award for Best Actress for “The Gambler” at the 1998 Festróia – Tróia International Film Festival.
Added to that in 2013 Women Film Critics Circle Winner for Women’s Work/Best Ensemble for “Ginger & Rosa,” as well as a 2017 Bentonville Film Festival Jury Award for Best Ensemble for “Let Me Go.”
Jodhi May Husband
Despite being part of the acting world for such an extended period, Jodhi May has chosen to remain silent on her love life which isn’t a surprise. This diva loves to create a fine line between her personal and professional life which is highly understandable. She is approaching her late 50s, and not dating even once is a surprise.
As what it might be, May has not been married to this point in time. Unsurprisingly, she is such a fine actress with a keen focus on her work. At times, most fans tend to think that Jodhi May is a lesbian. More so due to the role she plays on Television.
Especially since she co-starred in the movie “Sleep With Me” (2009) with another actress Anamaria Marinca, who portrayed Sylvie, Jodhi’s part of Lelia’s hidden girlfriend.
The speculations grew more substantial once the movie was released, thanks to Jodhi’s excellent acting. The rumors have not been verified or dismissed by Jodhi. Readers will be made aware if something about the love life pops out soon.
Jodhi May Net worth and Salary
Since 1988, when she was just 12 years old, the 47-year-old performer has been a showbiz presence on tv, theater, and stage. From then onwards, Jodhi has featured in a variety of films, as well as more than 20 television movies and a few miniseries.
Jodhi has been in several well-received films and television series. In addition, the British performer has received numerous honors and prizes. Jodhi May has a net worth of $4 million. Her performing, directing, and writing careers have contributed to her net worth.
But on the other hand, we presume she receives a salary of above $50,000 each year, but the exact figure is unknown to the general public. Regrettably, little information is available about the artist’s home and palace.
Social Media Presence
Jodhi is not engaged on various media sites; Instagram and Twitter frequently erase profiles using her name since her followers build fan pages and upload Jodhi’s images under the guise of managing the actress’s official version.
Jodhi believes that artists should keep their personal lives hidden from the audience: ‘As an actor, I believe it is critical to maintain as much anonymity as feasible. You have to persuade people that you’re someone else, so whatever attention I might receive away from the tv – well, it’s not stuffed I actively want,’ she explained in one of her talks.
Interesting Facts About Jodhi May
- Jodhi loves to travel, and her job has taken her to several European nations, notably Croatia, Greece, and Italy, and also to the United States, where she’s visited New York, California, and Florida.
- In her leisure time, Jodhi enjoys reading mystery novels whose author is Agatha Christie, whose depictions include “Murder on the Orient Express and Affair at Styles.”
- Jodhi is a kitty enthusiast who has had multiple cats as pets.
- She enjoys all types of art and has toured numerous galleries and museums in Europe and the United States.
- Jodhi likes viewing films featuring her favorite actors and actresses, Johnny Depp and Julia Roberts, in her free time.
- She’d never possessed one before and didn’t see the point in getting one. The reality is that she only obtained one because she was pressed by a playwright who wrote ‘Friends and Crocodiles,’ which she subsequently starred in.