James Spader is a well-known and skilled actor in Hollywood. The American actor and producer have acted in various films and television series.
His hard work and ability may be seen in his award wins and nominations. He received three Emmy Awards for his television appearances as attorney Alan Shore in the last season of The Practice (1997–2004) and its spin-off Boston Legal (2004–2008).
He is now starring in the NBC crime thriller The Blacklist (2013–present) as high-profile criminal-turned-FBI-informant Raymond “Red” Reddington, for which he has received two Golden Globe Award nominations.
Some Quick Facts
|Full Nаmе||Јаmеѕ Todd Spader|
|Nick Name||Јаmеѕ Ѕраdеr|
|Dаtе оf Віrth||February 7, 1960|
|Аgе||62 уеаrѕ оld|
|Неіght||178сm or 5 Feet 10 inches|
|Wеіght||73 kg, 158 lbs|
|Father||Stoddard Greenwood Spader|
|Моthеr||Jean Fraser Spader|
|Ѕіblіngѕ||Libby Ѕраdеr, Annie Spader|
|Girlfriend||Leslie Stefansson (2008-рrеѕеnt)|
|Wіfе||Victoria Kheel (1987-2004)|
|Кіdѕ||Sebastian Ѕраdеr, Elijah Ѕраdеr, Nathaniel Ѕраdеr|
|Nеt Wоrth||$25 mіllіоn|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
James Spader Early Life and Education
James was born in Boston on February 7, 1960. Jean and Stoddard, his parents, were both teachers.
Spader was born in the city of Boston, Massachusetts. Throughout his childhood, he attended several private schools.
On his road to becoming a successful actor, he worked as a bartender, a yoga instructor, a meat truck driver, a vehicle loader, and a stable boy. It is unusual in Hollywood to discover a person who achieves popularity on both tiny and large screens.
However, Spader was able to stand on both platforms. James attended ‘The Pike School,’ where his mother taught painting.
He also participated ‘Brooks School,’ where his father was a teacher. Later, he enrolled in the ‘Michael Chekhov School’ in New York to pursue acting.
James Spader Age and Height
James is a 62-year-old American actor born on February 7, 1960, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Spader is an atheist with dual citizenship and nationality in the United States.
James is 5′ 10″ tall, which is about 178cm. He is 158 pounds (73 kilos) in weight. Directors and screenwriters have described him as “difficult to deal with” because of this trait.
The talented actor might have issues regarding his behavior, but his acting is top-class. Although there is proper information on the height and weight of the actor, other measurements are hidden.
From the shoe size to dress size and the chest and biceps information are hidden. It might be his silent nature, but if something fruitful pops out, readers will be aware of it.
- Endless Love (1981) was Spader’s first significant film role, while Tuff Turf (1982) was his first leading part (1985). He sprang to fame in 1986 as the wealthy, egotistical playboy Steff in Pretty in Pink.
- He appeared in Mannequin (1987) and the film adaptation of Less Than Zero (1987), both of which he co-starred as Rip, a heroin dealer.
- Sex, Lies, and Videotape (1989) was his breakout performance, in which he played a sexual voyeur who disrupted the lives of three citizens of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He won this performance’s Best Actor Award at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In the early 1990s, Spader played a young, wealthy widower alongside Susan Sarandon in the love drama White Palace (1990).
- Similarly, in the Noir drama Bad Influence (1990), he portrayed a yuppie who encounters the enigmatic Rob Lowe, and in the drama True Colors, he played John Cusack’s closest buddy (1991).
- Furthermore, in The Music of Chance, he was portrayed as a poker-playing wanderer (1993).
- In the science fiction film Stargate, he played Egyptologist Daniel Jackson 1994. He starred as automobile accident fetishist James Ballard in the controversial Canadian film Crash in 1996 and as assassin Lee Woods in 2 Days in the Valley.
- Spader appeared as a furious recovering alcoholic in the Seinfeld episode “The Apology” in 1997, refusing to apologize to George for making fun of him. In The Watcher, he portrayed a drug-addicted investigator on the trail of a serial killer in 2000.
- In 2002, he played a sadomasochistic employer in the film Secretary.
- From 2004 through 2008, Spader featured as Alan Shore in the television series Boston Legal, reprising his character from The Practice (2002).
- He received the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2004 for his role in The Practice, and he won it again in 2005 and 2007 for his work on Boston Legal.
- Spader narrated “China Revealed,” the inaugural episode of Discovery Channel’s documentary series Discovery Atlas, in October 2006. He has also provided the voice-over for numerous Acura television ads.
- Race, a play written and directed by David Mamet, premiered on Broadway on December 6, 2009, at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre.
- Spader appeared as Robert California in the season 7 finale of The Office, “Search Committee.”
- Spader was a regular on the NBC show The Blacklist. He played one of the FBI’s most sought fugitives, Raymond “Red” Reddington. In Avengers: Age of Ultron, he also played the evil robot Ultron (2015).
Was James Spader in Justin Timberlake’s song Can’t Stop the Feeling?
Everybody loved the song when the movie troll was released, especially the ordinary people grooving to the music. Amidst all this, few fans noticed James in the song.
At the end of the song, the people dancing in the background were introduced, and during that time, the man who people thought was James was Dave. Surprisingly, Dave looked similar to James, but it was him.
Despite all these people sharing tweets and posting to social media about how much they loved Spades’ dance. Although it is clear that it was not the actor, in fact, several fans find it hard to believe.
Who Is James Spader, Wife? | Personal Life
Spader has been married twice in his life. After moving to New York City in the 1980s, Spader met his first wife, designer Victoria Kheel, working at a yoga class.
In 1987, they married and had two boys. The couple filed for divorce in 2004 reason of a different lifestyle. Spader began dating actress Leslie Stefanson in 2002 after meeting her on a film shoot.
They have one son together as of 2022. He just paid $1 million for a home on Fraser Way. Spader is more focused on his career and movies rather than being with his wife.
James Spader Children
It is a matter of sheer pride to be born as the children of James. Such is the aura of the man. From his two relationships, James has had quite a handful number of children.
They are independent and find their feet in their respective work fields. Sebastian, Nathaneal, and Elijah Spader are the actor’s three sons.
Sebastian is a producer and director who has worked on films such as Slice (2007), Ridden (2008), and Machete (2010). Simultaneously, Elijah is the second kid of blacklist actor Spader.
He is also an actor and one of the world’s most attractive guys. Nathaneal is the son of James and Leslie Stefanson, James’ new partner. He is 12 years old.
James Spader Net Worth
As of 2022, Spader’s net worth is $25 million. Spader is widely recognized as a gifted and skilled actor. He has a career that spans four decades.
Throughout his career in the lights and camera industry, he appeared in several blockbuster films. He has also received several accolades for his varied performances.
He has earned that fortune from appearing in movies and TV shows, appearing in 101 episodes of Boston Legal. According to various sources, the charges are $300,000 per single episode.
Though Spader’s net worth and per-episode pay are public knowledge, his real estate holdings remain a closely guarded secret. We will update our readers once his investment and car collection details are known.
Social Media Presence
Spader is a well-known actor who loves to connect himself with the fans. But the actor has been cautious in sharing the information on social media platforms.
Not only on Instagram, but the actor is hard to find on any social media handles, be it Twitter or Facebook.
- James loves to spend his time reading, eating, and spending quality time with his family.
- This actor loves the quirky character and does not care about money.
- He describes his childhood house as progressive and delivery.
- Before acing, this act taught yoga, working as a stable boy, lading railroad cars, and driving a meat truck.
- In order to pursue his acting career, he left college at 17.
- Spaders does not watch any of its own movies. He loves to cook.
- In real life, James can barely see without his glasses.
- Due to his eidetic memory, it only takes some time to remember the entire script.
- James does not work for the money. Every time he needs some sum, he negotiates the pay for his movie according to the need to survive for a certain period.