Emily Browning is an Australian singer, fashion model, and actress best recognized for her work in Ghost Ship and Sleeping Beauty. Emily began her acting career at a young age, born in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The actress also had a supporting part in the Australian family drama TV film The Echo of Thunder when she was nine years old. Her performance helped her acquire exposure, and Emily went on to feature in a couple of TV series after that.
The future actress later portrayed the protagonist character’s daughter in the comedy film The Man Who Sued God in 2001. The movie was a big hit. Then the stunner went on to star in the horror film Ghost Ship, about a ship’s encounter with ghostly creatures.
Her other notable achievements include her appearance in the American psychological horror-thriller The Uninvited. Browning played a significant part as a psychologically challenged girl in the film.
Emily then rose to worldwide prominence for her performance in the erotic drama film Sleeping Beauty. The film went to become a big hit at the box office. Browning’s performance was also highly appreciated by both critics and audiences. Her most recent appearance was in the American Greek film Golden Exits, in which she played the lead female role.
These are some of the significant successes that Emily had in the span of her professional career. Now, let’s unfold some of the considerable insides of her early age, personal life, and her current status.
Table of Contents
Emily Browning: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Emily Jane Browning|
|Date of Birth||December 7, 1988|
|Birth Place||Melbourne, Australia|
|Father’s Name||Andrew Browning|
|Mother’s Name||Shelley Browning|
|Siblings||Matthew Browning, Nicholas Browning|
|Height||5 feet 1 inch|
|Hair Color||Light brown|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Education||High school graduate|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram and Twitter|
Emily Browning Bio | Education And Early Life
In Melbourne, Victoria, Emily Browning was born on December 7, 1988, to her mother, Shelley Browning, and her father, Andrew Browning. The actress was born Emily Jane Browning, but she dropped her middle name before joining the movie business.
The actress grew up alongside two younger brothers named Nicholas and Matthew. Emily, along with her brothers, attended Hurstbridge Learning Co-op and then Eltham High School.
Since her childhood, the actress has a knack for acting and performing, and even she used to take part in school plays and dramas. In one of those school plays where Emily was discovered by a classmate’s father, who assisted her in starting her acting career.
As a person, Emily Browning is very vibrant and has efficient energy in her. The actress’s zodiac sign is Sagittarius, and Sagittarians are known to be in command and capable. Even Emily is like that. Browing values bravery and perseverance amidst all the hardship, and these attributes are pretty evident in her personality.
Age And Body Measurements| How Tall Is Emily Browning?
As of May 2021, the lovely actress is 32 years old. This gorgeous actress stands 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighs around 59 kg. Emily is relatively short in terms of her appearance, but since the actress is committed to living a highly healthy lifestyle, she has a beautiful physique that measures 33-23-34 inches.
The actress indulges in a rigorous all-day workout, beginning with four and a half hours of martial arts instruction, followed by weight training and pull-ups after lunch.
Her distinguishing characteristics are her attractive smile, freckles, and her luscious brunette hair. The actress is also known d=for her striking pair of green eyes.
Emily is also really fond of tattoos and has one phrase as a tattoo which says, “a blessed unrest that keeps us marching.” Furthermore, this stunning actress wears a size 2(US) dress and a size 6(US) shoe.
Emily has only been a part of the film fraternity for over two decades now. The actress has appeared in several films and television shows throughout her career. So, let’s go through it.
1998 – 2010
- Emily Browning’s career began when she was nine years old, with a supporting role in the television film The Echo of Thunder, released in 1998. Simon Wincer directed the movie. Browning’s performance in the film earned her fame, and Emily appeared in other TV shows.
- Then from 2000 to 2001, the actress starred in the show, Something in the Air. Emily also appeared in the television series Blue Heelers from 2000 to 2002.
- Meanwhile, in 2001, the diva made her big-screen debut with the Australian comedy picture The Man Who Sued God, where Browning played the protagonist’s daughter.
- Then in 2002, the actress made her Hollywood debut as a supporting actress in the horror thriller Ghost Ship. The picture was a box office hit despite receiving a lot of flak from the film critics.
- The same year Emily Browning earned the Australian Film Institute Award for her small role in the television series Halifax f.p: Playing God.
- Browning next featured as a supporting actor in the film Ned Kelly in the year 2003.
- Then the actress starred in the American black comedy movie Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, where she had an essential role to essay.
- Emily Browning won another award at the Australian Film Institute for her Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- After this, Emily was not seen in any movie for a few years. Then in the year 2009, an American psychological thriller movie, The Uninvited, marked her comeback. She played the role of a lead character in the film.
2011 – present
- In the year 2011, the actress starred as the lead in the action movie Sucker Punch.’The picture, directed by Zack Snyder, did not fare well commercially. It also accumulated a lot of criticism for weak screenplay and bad stories.
- The following year, Emily appeared in the Australian erotic drama film Sleeping Beauty, directed by Julia Leigh. She portrayed a university student who takes up a part-time high-paying profession that entails sleeping naked with wealthy guys. Browning received tons of international praises for her brilliant portrayal of this character. Browning also ended up earning an award at the Hamptons International Film Festival for her performance.
- As her fame flourished, Emily proceeded to perform essential roles in films such as Summer in February, released in 2013. God Help the Girl in 2014, and Legend in 2015.
- Browning’s most recent cinematic appearance was in the 2017 drama film Golden Exits.
- However, she continued to star in Tv shows. From 2017 to 2021, the actress appeared in the American fantasy drama tv series American Gods as the lead actor.
- Meanwhile, from 2018 to 2019, Emily starred in the American tv drama series, The Affair as a recurring character.
Personal Life| Who Is Emily Browning Dating?
From 2007 to January 2010, Emily was dating Max Turner, an Australian model, and singer. However, the three-year relationship did not result in anything concrete because the Sleeping Beauty star was then romantically involved with the English-Irish actor, Max Irons.
Max and Emily dated for a short time, from February 2011 until July 2012. After their breakup, he proposed to Tatler‘s fashion director, Sophie Pera, in 2013 and is now happily married.
Later, the actress was linked to her Plush co-star, Xavier Samuel. The Australian actor was always seen with his then-girlfriend, Emily, during their relationship, but they split up in June 2015 without revealing the cause for their breakup.
Since late 2015, Emily Browning has supposedly been dating film writer and director Eddie O’Keefe, although there has been no official confirmation or rejection of this rumor. They collaborated on the crime thriller film Shangri-La Suite, and they have regularly appeared on one other’s social media pages.
However, some say Browning has been single for quite some time, and Eddie and Emily are just good friends, but there is no way to validate or deny the rumor.
Net Worth| How Much Does Emily Browning Earns?
So far, Emily has had a promising acting career. The actress has acquired a substantial amount of fortune throughout her career. Her estimated net worth is $8 million approximately. Emily Browning’s net worth is primarily derived from her films and television series. Her music career has also contributed to her net worth.
Emily is still young, and her net worth will grow as she further pursues her career in the entertainment sector. So, if you want to know the actress regarding her future endeavors more, then stay tuned.
Social Media Presence
Emily Browning, a young and vibrant lady, has had a successful career in the film business to date, and as a result, the actress has a big fan following on social media.
Emily is highly active on Instagram, which is not surprising given how crucial social media and a social media fan base are in the life of an actor. The actress shares beautiful photoshoots, family images, vacation images, childhood memories, and forthcoming projects with her fans.
Currently, the actress is active on only one social media site – Instagram. However, tons of other fan pages are dedicated to her on other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Let’s have a look at her followers count on her official social media profile.
Instagram – 253k followers