Wendy Moniz is an American TV actress whose appearance consistently draws people’s attention. Wendy is well-known for her roles in the television shows Guiding Light and The Guardian.
Moreover, Moniz has worked on several significant projects. Moniz’s recent works can be seen in House of Cards, Law & Order: Organized Crime, and Yellowstone. Her portrayal as governor Lynelle Perry in Yellowstone is outstanding. She had a recurring role in the show since the first season.
The series is now renewed for season 5. Hence, Wendy is added for her recurring role in the show. Likewise, Wendy is most known as a soap opera artist. She gained a lot of support from her family to succeed as an actress.
Table of Contents
Wendy Moniz: Some Quick Facts
|Date of Birth
|19th January 1969
|Kansas City, Missouri, United States
|53 years old
|5 feet 6 inches or 1.67 m
|55 kilograms or 121 lbs.
|David Brisner (m.1991; div.1996)
Frank Anthony Grillo(m.2000; div.2020)
|Rio Joseph Grillo and Liam Grillo
|Social Media Presence
Wendy Moniz Family| Who Are Wendy Moniz’s Parents?
Wendy Moniz was born on 19th January 1969 in Kansas City, United States. However, she was born to her father Bob Moniz, and mother Billie Moniz. She grew up alongside her sister Dawn Moniz. Both of the Moniz sisters were raised in Kansas City at an early age.
Later, the sisters moved to different cities in persuasion to their studies and career. She used to perform plays while she was in her college.
Wendy is secretive about her personal life. She’s been able to maintain her pre-fame days private. Wendy appears to be quite protective of her history. Thus, this explains why we don’t know much about her early life and family.
Moniz attended B.M.C. Durfee High School situated in Fall River, Massachusetts. She was involved in sports in her high school. Moniz participated in field hockey, sprints as well as other field events.
After graduating from high school, Wendy moved out of Massachusetts. She enrolled at Siena College which is in Loudonville, New York. In 1991, she accomplished her bachelor’s degree in English and Theatre.
Age and Height| How Tall Is Wendy Moniz?
At present, Wendy is 53 years old according to her birth year. She was born in January month. So, her sun sign falls under Capricorn. Although Moniz is a white lady, she comes of Portuguese and Irish descent.
People Also Like: Pat Morita The Karate Kid, Cause of Death, Age, Movies, Net Worth >>
Similarly, she has an attractive height of 5 feet and 6 inches or 1.67m. Wendy is fit and healthy with a body weight of 55 Kg or 121 lbs. Her body measurement is 33-24-33 inches which means her chest is 33 inches, waist is 24 inches and hips are 33 inches.
Moniz has a young face with a pair of beautiful brown eyes. Furthermore, her hair is naturally dark brown.
Wendy Moniz| Ex-husbands
Wendy Moniz has married twice in her life. She wedded David Brisner for the first time in 1991. Wendy met David for the first time while they were attending college. The pair vowed to tie the knot as soon as they graduated.
Likewise, their wedding was private. Only a few of their dearest friends and family were invited. In 1996, Wendy and David discreetly split after five years of marriage.
She began seeing actor Frank Anthony Grillo. Grillo co-starred with her in Guiding Light. However, rumors began to spread widely that Wendy separated from David since she fell madly in love with Frank.
Wendy and Frank got married on 28th October 2000. Frank was born in the United States. Moreover, he was raised by his Italian parents along with his 2 brothers. Frank was married previously to Kathy Grillo. Both Frank and Wendy had a second marriage.
Unfortunately, the love story could not continue anymore. The couple separated after 19 years of marriage under mutual consent. Their divorce was finalized on 21st February 2020.
Wendy Moniz| Children
Wendy did not have any kids while she was married to David. In her second marriage, she gave birth to two handsome sons. Liam Kiki Grillo is the elder son who is currently 18 years old. He was born in August 2004.
Similarly, her second son’s name is Rio Joseph Grillo. Rio is now 14 years old since he was born on 2004. Wendy was also a stepmother to 25 years old Remy Grillo. Remy is the son of frank from his former marriage.
- Wendy Moniz began her television playing career in 1995 with Guiding Light. Dinah Marler was the character she played. Wendy continued to appear regularly until 1999.
- In 1999, she also appeared in a drama pilot titled Partners.
- In the same year, she landed a leading part in Tuesdays with Morrie. It was based on the book of the same-named book by Mitch Albom. Her performance received significant praise from the critics.
- She also appeared in the TV show Battery Park as a character. Elizabeth Perkins co-starred with her.
- Wendy will also have the chance to play Rachel McCabe in Nash Bridges. It was the season’s sixth and last edition.
- After that, Wendy made an appearance in The Guardian. From 2001 until 2004, she co-starred alongside Simon Baker.
- Wendy made her acting breakthrough in 2005 in the judicial drama Law & Order.
- In 2007, she appeared in Big Shots as Stacey Walker regularly.
- Wendy was also a part of the Damages cast from 2009 to 2010.
- In 2010, she joined the police drama Blue Bloods. In 2011, she joined the daytime soap opera One Life to Live.
More About Career
- During 2009 to 2010, she played Jill Burnham in the FX show Damages, in which she featured in seven episodes. The series gathers one year after the second occurrence of the season.
- Wendy appeared in the 2012 series 666 Park Avenues.
- In addition, in March 2013, she was cast in the film Betrayal. The series is directed by Patty Jenkins.
- She landed the main role in The Grief of Others, an independent drama film. The series was directed by Patrick Wang.
- She’s also been in Netflix shows including House of Cards and Daredevils.
- Wendy also was a member of Pure Genius from 2016 to 2017 and Wheelman from 2017 to 2018.
- In 2016, she starred in the DirectTV series Kingdom. Wendy appeared on film alongside her ex-husband Frank Grillo.
- Since 2018, Wendy is acting as a significant character in Yellowstone on the Paramount Drama Show.
Wendy Moniz TV Shows
Apart from the TV serials mentioned above, Wendy has performed in other shows too. A few of them are as follows:
- The Others
- Pure Genius
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- FBI: Most Wanted
Awards and Nominations
The talented soap actress is nominated two times for her role in The Guardian.
- 1996 Soap Opera Digest Award Nominee for Outstanding Female Newcomer
- 1997 Soap Opera Digest Award Nominee for Outstanding Younger Lead Actress
Wendy Moniz Net worth and Salary
The spectacular actress has indeed kept her life as well as her family’s life private. Moniz has worked in this industry for over two decades. She has made her appearance in more than 50 advertisements. Similarly, she has done beyond 20 events.
Wendy Moniz has an attractive net worth of $6 million. In her career exceeding 20 years, she was able to collect a whopping $6 million. From my point of view, she is not paid the worthy amount for her hard work.
However, her income from the TV shows is yet to be revealed. The majority of her salary is from her profession only. Whereas, the minority of the income is from other initiatives.
Wendy and her ex-husband Frank owned property in Pacific Palisades. The former partners bought the home for $4.47 million. It was previously owned by late artists Carl and Ruth Carlsson –Wollbruck.
The 4,500-square-foot mansion is designed in ranch-style architecture. Additionally, the house has 4 bedrooms along with four and a half bathrooms. It also has a kitchen, dining room, swimming pool, living room, master suite, and spa along with an open-plan space design.
Before the mansion got sold at the agreed price, it was listed on the market for $4.495 million.
Hobbies of Wendy Moniz
- Wendy is highly physically active since she needs to be in form and healthy for her jobs. She goes to the gym two to three times per week and follows a rigorous diet.
- She doesn’t consume meat and is a follower of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) group. PETA raises awareness and funds to assist endangered species to avoid extinction.
- Wendy enjoys traveling. Her acting profession has led her all over the United States as well as to Europe. Her favorite destination in Europe is Switzerland, England, and Italy.
Social Media Presence
Wendy Moniz is on her way to becoming a social media sensation. The charming actress is followed by her fans from all around the world.
Instagram: 20.8k followers
Twitter: 5.7k followers
Wendy Moniz |Interesting Facts
- Moniz is in the entertainment industry for over two decades.
- She was married twice and consequently divorced twice.
- Moreover, Wendy is the mother of two sons.
- She was into sporting events in her high school time.
- Moniz comes of Portuguese and Irish descent.
- She has appeared in more than ten TV shows.
- Further, Moniz has cute dimples on her cheeks.
- She loves animals. She owns two pet dogs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Wendy Moniz
- Who is Frank Grillo’s second Wife?
Wendy Moniz is Frank Grillo’s second wife.
- What nationality is Wendy Moniz?
Moniz was born in America. Thus, her nationality is American.
- How Old is Wendy Moniz?
She is 53 years old.
- Who is the lady governor in Yellowstone?
The lady governor in Yellowstone is portrayed by Wendy Moniz.