Sheryl Crow Songs has been chartbusters and viewers’ favorite for a very long time. You may know her as a successful singer, but there is more to her personality. In this article, join me to unravel Sheryl Crow career and other aspects of her life.
Sheryl Suzanne Crow is a country singer, songwriter, and actor from the United States. For many years, she has been a loved singer, winning several Grammy Awards.
She has a long and illustrious music career, having recorded eight studio albums, two compilation albums, a live album. She has also sung several songs for Hollywood films such as Tomorrow Never Dies, Cars, and others.
She began providing backup vocals for well-known musicians such as Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, The Rolling Stones, and others once she was certain of what she wanted to accomplish with her life.
Likewise, she has also dabbled in acting, appearing on shows such as One Tree Hill, 30 Rock, and Cougar Town, among others.
Table of Contents
Sheryl Crow: Quick Facts
|Sheryl Suzanne Crow
|Date of Birth
|11 February 1962
|Kennett, Missouri, U.S.A
|61 years old
|Wendell Wyatt Crow
|Karen Crow, Kathy Crow, Steven Crow
|5 feet 3 inches
|Major in music education
|Social Media Presence
|Social Media Presence
|Twitter and Instagram
Sheryl Crow Songs | Career
1987 – 1993
- Crow was a member of Michael Jackson’s Bad World Tour crew from 1987 to 1989. She was a backup vocalist and frequently sang I Just Can’t Stop Loving You with him.
- She also collaborated with Belinda Carlisle, Stevie Wonder, and others.
- In 1990, she performed in Steven Bochco‘s drama Cop Rock.
- In the same year, she recorded the song Heal Somebody for the film Bright Angel, and a duet with Kenny Loggins called I Would Do Anything for his album Leap of Faith.
- She produced a self-titled debut album with Hugh Padgham in 1992, but it was never published.
- Despite the fact that several of her CDs were pirated and she received some attention as a result.
- Crow’s debut album, Tuesday Night Music Club, was released in 1993, and the track All I Wanna Do was an unexpected smash.
- In the United States and the United Kingdom, it sold 7 million copies. It earned her three Grammy Awards.
1996 – 2003
- In 1996, she created and released her second album, Sheryl Crow, for which she won two Grammy awards.
- Singles from the album include If It Makes You Happy, became huge hits.
- Crow sang the song Tomorrow Never Dies for the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies in 1997.
- The song was an instant smash, earning it nominations for a Grammy Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song.
- The Grammy Award-winning album The Globe Sessions was published in 1998.
- The tracks on the album were supposed to be about her grief about her failing romance with Eric Clapton at the time.
- Crow made her acting debut in the 1999 film The Minus Man, a suspense thriller in which she co-starred with her then-boyfriend, Owen Wilson, a well-known Hollywood actor.
- Sheryl Crow and Friends: Live from Central Park was also published.
- Crow’s fourth studio album, C’mon, C’mon, was released in 2002, and the album’s song, Soak Up the Sun, became a worldwide smash. For the album, she won a Grammy Award.
- Sheryl Crow’s best hits collection, The Very Best of Sheryl Crow, was released in 2003.
- The CD featured successful tracks from all of her previous albums up to that point.
- She also included a track called Light In Your Eyes on the CD.
2004 – present
- In 2004, she starred in the Cole Porter movie De-Lovely and released her fifth studio album Wildflower a year later.
- It reached number two on the Billboard charts but garnered mixed reviews from critics.
- She sang the song Real Gone for Disney’s animated film Cars in 2006.
- She was diagnosed with breast cancer the following year. A few months after her cancer diagnosis, she performed her maiden performance in Florida.
- Crow sang Here Comes the Sun for the Bee Movie in 2007 and wrote a preface for Kris Carr‘s book Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips the same year.
- She also sang backup vocals on Ryan Adams‘ song “Two.”
- Crow’s sixth studio album, Detours, was released in 2008 and was recorded on her Nashville farm.
- On the Billboard 200 list, it debuted at number two. In the same year, she endorsed Barack Obama for President of the United States.
- In 2010, she released her seventh studio album, 100 Miles from Memphis, including the smash track Summer Day.
- She also contributed to the album Coal Miner’s Daughter: A Tribute to Loretta Lynn in the same year.
- Crow sang the song, Mrs. Major Tom, on William Shatner‘s album Seeking Major Tom in 2011.
- She also announced that she would create the music and words for Kathleen Marshall‘s Broadway production Diner.
- Crow signed a recording contract with Warner Music Nashville, and her newest album, Feels Like Home, was published in 2013.
- Crow produced the album, which debuted at number seven on the Billboard 200 list.
Sheryl Crow Bio
Sheryl Crow was born in Kennett, Missouri, on 11 Fеbruаrу 1962, to Wendell and Bernice Crow. Kathy and Karen are her older sisters, while Steve is her younger brother. She had a natural affinity for music and began playing piano at the age of six.
Crow graduated from Kennett High School in 1984 and went on to the University of Missouri, Columbia. She used to perform in a local band named Cashmere when she was at the university.
Crow began working as a music teacher in an elementary school in St. Louis in 1986. And after graduating from university, she soon relocated to Los Angeles. She worked as a backup vocalist and recorded jingles for commercials in Los Angeles.
Sheryl Crow Songs
- Can’t Cry Anymore
- Everyday Is a Winding Road
- All I Wanna Do
- Steve McQueen
- A Change Would Do You Good
- My Favorite Mistake
- Soak Up The Sun
- Strong Enough
- The First Cut is Deepest
- If It Makes You Happy
Sheryl Crow Age And Height
Ѕhеrуl Сrow’ѕ аgе іѕ 61 уеаrѕ оld аѕ оf 2023 hаvіng bееn bоrn оn 11 Fеbruаrу 1962. Crow іѕ 5 feet 3 inches аnd 161 сm and ѕhе wеіghѕ аbоut 121 pоund аnd 53kg.
On and off stage, the American singer is still in great shape at 61, flaunting her beautifully sculpted arms and trim, toned physique.
Her body measures 31-24-32 inches. Moreover, hеr еуе соlоr іѕ bluе аnd hаіr соlоr іѕ lіght brоwn.
Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock
When two musicians collaborate on songs, there are rumors that tend to flow around. In the case of Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock, they came together for the song Picture.
This song was a massive hit however there were rumors they were dating. Neither Kid Rock nor Sheryl talked openly about the relationship. They truly denied the relationship.
Sheryl Crow Husband
Crow has had relationships with several celebrities, including Owen Wilson, Eric Clapton, Lance Armstrong, and others. Crow was engaged to Lance Armstrong for a while, and Armstrong was reported in the press several times as stating that Crow’s music healed his disease.
In 2006, Sheryl was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to undergo radiation therapy. Her therapy was effective, and it was overseen by Kristi Funk, a breast cancer surgeon in Los Angeles. Meningioma was subsequently discovered to be the cause of her death.
Then in 2007, she announced the adoption of a two-week-old baby named Wyatt Steven Crow. And again, three years later, she announced the adoption of another child named Levi James Crow. She resides in Nashville, Tennessee, with her two boys.
What is Sheryl Crow Net Worth 2023?
Sheryl Crow is a singer-songwriter and musician from the United States. As of 2023 Sheryl Crow net worth is $70 million. Crow has sold more than 50 million records worldwide during a career that has taken her across genres such as pop, country, jazz, rock, and many more.
Critics have recognized her contribution to the world of music, and she has received several accolades, including nine Grammys. Sheryl has also appeared on various television shows as an actress.
Crow’s money has been accumulated exclusively from her contacts in the music industry, including album releases, tours, and music streaming, since she has largely focused on music, seldom expanding into other companies like lifestyle or clothing brands.
A big chunk of Sheryl Crow net worth has been used for land purchased. The rockstar paid $650,000 for three acres of land in Nashville in 2014.
This totals roughly 16 acres, and it’s unclear what she wants to do with the undeveloped area, which has seen little development aside from a few docks along the Cumberland River.
Then, Sheryl Crow spent $1.2 million in 2015 on another property in Nashville. The home is approximately 4,500 square feet in size.
Sheryl Crow Instagram
Currently, Sheryl Crow is active on two social networking sites. Let’s have a look at it.
Instagram – 366k followers
Twitter– 335k followers
Interesting Facts About Sheryl Crow
- Crow has backed up A-listers, including Bob Dylan, Stevie Nicks, Don Henley, Tina Turner, and Belinda Carlisle on stage.
- Sheryl discovered an ancient poetry book in a used book store in Los Angeles, according to a People magazine interview. In her song All I Wanna Do, she borrowed a poem from it as lyrics.
- Sheryl Crow songs have sold more than 17 million copies in the United States and more than 50 million worldwide.
- Crow has been a warrior from the start, having been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer in 2006 and undergoing a lumpectomy and radiation treatment.