Paul Lieberstein is a famous American actor, producer, director, and writer. The full name of Lieberstein is Paul Bevan Lieberstein.
Paul is famous for portraying the role of Toby Flenderson on the TV series The Office. He is also credited for directing, producing, and writing The Office. He has recently received credit for writing and producing a television show Space Force.
Due to his incredible acting talent and many successful movies, Paul has won several commendable awards. So if you like Paul and are also a fan of the outstanding actor, please keep engaging with the article below.
This article will cover Paul Lieberstein’s net worth, height, weight, relationship status, movies, TV shows, and many more. So, let us begin.
Table of Contents
Paul Lieberstein’s Quick Facts
|Paul Bevan Lieberstein
|55 years old
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Westport, Connecticut, USA
|Date of Birth
|22nd February 1967
|Sussane Lieberstein Daniels and Warren Lieberstein
|5 ft 9 inches tall or 1.77 m
|66 kg or 145 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
|Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter
|Janine Serafin Poreba
|Will Update Soon
Paul Lieberstein Young
Paul Lieberstein was born in Westport, Connecticut, United States. Lieberstein is born to his father, Stanley Lieberstein, and mother, Judith Lieberstein.
He has two siblings; one sister and one brother. He is the middle child. His sister’s name is Susanne Daniels and she is married to screenwriter and producer Greg Daniels.
Likewise, his brother’s name is Warren Lieberstein. Susanne works as a producer, author, and entertainment executive. She is popular for developing movies and TV series like Dawson’s Creek, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Gilmore Girls, etc.
Warren also is a producer and a screenwriter. Thus, the whole family is dedicated to the entertainment industry. A few of his notable works can be seen in Carpoolers and The Office.
Paul Lieberstein Education
Lieberstein was first enrolled in Staples High School located in Westport, Connecticut. Then he attended Hamilton College located in Clinton, New York, and graduated with a degree in economics in 1989.
Paul’s residential status is American as he currently lives in the United States. During his university, Paul joined Chi Psi where he was involved in the storyline of the TV series The Office.
Lieberstein wrote his first sitcom during high school. He also has a degree of Bachelor in Arts from Hamilton College. While his stay in New York,
Paul worked as an auditor at Peat Marwick International. He left after six months and started working at his father’s law firm part-time.
Paul Lieberstein Age and Height
Paul Lieberstein is 55 years old as he was born on February 22, 1967. His height is 1.77 m or 5 feet 9 inches tall. The weight of Lieberstein is about 145 lbs or 66 kg.
Similarly, Paul’s body measurement is 35-42-36 inches, and he likes to wear the shoe size of 9 US.
Paul’s zodiac sign is Pisces which explains his intuitive and sensitive nature. Lieberstein has naturally brown hair. Similarly, he has dazzling pair of blue eyes.
Paul Lieberstein is American and belongs to a white ethnic background. The religion of Lieberstein is Jewish. There is not much personal information about Paul’s hobbies and interests; however, he sure does like reading books and also traveling.
Paul Lieberstein Weight Loss
Paul had a recurring role in The Office. Fans spotted a sudden weight loss in Paul Lieberstein. He often use to feel nauseous in between the filming. Gradually, rumors began to spread about Paul having cancer.
It was proved to be a false rumor after the family claimed Paul was healthy. Some fans also blamed his smoking habits for his weight loss.
Warren Keith Lieberstein or shortly Warren Liberstein is the younger brother of Paul. He is a writer and a producer. He is particularly known for his contribution to The Office and Carpoolers.
Warren was born on 20th September 1968. He is currently running on 53 years of life. Moreover, he is a husband to TV director and producer Audrey Wauchope. The couple had two daughters together.
Warren was married previously to actress Angela Kinsey. They separated after ten years of marriage. The pair has one daughter together. Hence, warren is a happy father of three beautiful daughters.
Paul Lieberstein Movies and TV Shows
Paul has worked in numerous movies and television shows. He is active in the film industry since 1992. A few of his notable movies and shows are listed below:
- The Big Break
- The Newsroom
- The Mindy Project
- Song of Back and Neck
- King of the Hill
- Weird Science
- The Newsroom
- Dead Like Me
- The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
- The Big Break
- Top Shelf Singles
- Paul Lieberstein started his career in 1992 by writing. He first wrote an episode in the 1992 teen sitcom Clarissa Explains It All. The episode is titled “President Ferguson.”
- Then he wrote the sitcom titled Weird Science in 1994 for three episodes.
- Paul continued writing specific episodes in TV series like The Naked Truth, King of the Hill, The Drew Carey Show, Greg the Bunny, The Bernie Mac Show, and Dead Like Me.
- In the meantime, he started producing television shows. He first produced the animated sitcom King of the Hill for 50 episodes in 1998. This series became famous worldwide.
- Lieberstein continued producing many television shows like the television sitcom The Drew Carey Show from 2000 to 2001 for 27 episodes, Greg the Bunny in 2002 for two episodes, and The Bernie Mac Show from 2002 to 2003 for 22 episodes.
- The breakthrough in Paul Lieberstein’s career came in 2005 when he wrote, produced, and acted in the American mockumentary sitcom The Office. He portrayed the role of Toby Flenderson for 141 episodes.
- Paul also wrote 16 episodes of the series and produced 166 episodes until 2013. In 2007, he also directed seven episodes of the series.
- We could see Lieberstein reprising the role of Toby in the spin-off series The Office: The Outburst and The Office: Blackmail as guests.
- Paul continued writing TV series like The Office: The Accountants, Song of Back and Neck, Ghosted, and Space Force.
- He has also produced other series after The Office titled The Newsroom, Song of Back and Neck, Ghosted, and Space Force.
Paul Lieberstein Direction
- Lieberstein has directed The Mindy Project, The Newsroom, and Song of Back and Neck after debuting in The Office.
- After the breakthrough performance in The Office, Paul started to play guest roles or recurring roles in several Tv series and movies.
- In 2014, we could see Lieberstein in Bad Teacher as Evaluator in the episode “Evaluation Day.” In the same year, he appeared in The Newsroom as Richard Westbrook for two episodes.
- Likewise, he made guest appearances in many TV series like Togetherness, The Mindy Project, and People of Earth.
- The first movie appearance of Lieberstein was in Song of Back and Neck as Fred and in the short movie The Big Break as Ted.
Paul has won many awards for his directing, producing, and acting career. In his career, Lieberstein has been nominated for more than 30 awards and among which he has won 11 them.
Paul has been nominated eight times for Primetime Emmy Awards and has won on two occasions. He won his first Emmy in 1999 for King of the Hill and the second one in 2006 for The Office.
People Also Like: Omari Hardwick Net Worth, Parents, Height, Football, Wife, Kids, Ig >>
He has also won Screen Actors Guild Awards two times out of seven nominations. His award came in 2007 and 2008 for the series The Office.
Paul has also won Writers Guild of America for The Office in 2007 and 2008.
Rumors and Controversies
Paul Lieberstein is a very popular actor and writer who does not get mixed with controversies. However, sometimes your on-screen role is so immaculate you will pay for it in real life.
According to many rumors, due to his negative role in The Office as Toby Flenderson, Paul often used to get genuine hate on social media. Sometimes the abuse was very nasty, which made him question acting.
However, he often reflects the reaction was genuine because it was doing an impressive job on the set of Office.
Paul Lieberstein Wife
Paul Lieberstein is a married man. He has married two women in his life. The first marriage of Lieberstein is unknown. He wants to keep the details of his first marriage hidden.
Currently, Paul is married to Janine Serafin Poreba. They got married on July 19, 2008, but before their marriage, they had dated for a long time.
Paul and Janine got married in New York City restaurant Battery Gardens. However, they have currently relocated to the Brentwood neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
Janine is also known to be an actress. She has acted in Law & Order, Song of Back and Neck as well as The Office.
There are no sources that can verify them being parents. Janine and Paul want to keep their marriage life private. So, we could not gather the exact information about their children
Paul Lieberstein Net Worth
Paul is known for having multiple professions. Throughout the years, he has added a sufficient amount to his net worth. Lieberstein has currently bagged $14 million to his net worth.
Paul has earned this decent amount by acting, producing, and directing movies and Tv series throughout his career. The annual salary of Paul Lieberstein is unknown. However, there are also other avenues that Paul earns his career.
Paul has been part of various commercially successful shows and has a lot of brand deals that help him generate even more income.
Paul Lieberstein Instagram
We can find Paul on Twitter and Instagram. Lieberstein has amassed a decent number of fans following his music and acting career. The number of social media followers of Paul Lieberstein is shown below:
Instagram – 66.9k followers
Twitter – 119.3k followers
Paul normally shares photos of his memories, lifestyle, friends, and many more on his IG account. Lieberstein had his own Facebook page, but currently, it is invalid.
- Paul is a two times Emmy winner.
- He is the middle child. He has one elder sister and one younger brother.
- Paul worked as an auditor after graduating from college. It was his first job.
- Moreover, he is one of the Board of Directors of a non-profit organization, Young Storytellers.
- Paul has married two times.
- In 2011, he received an Honorary Doctorate of Fine Arts degree from Hamilton College.
- In the seventh season of The Office, audiences noticed his weight loss. Fans speculated of he suffering from cancer which was false gossip.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why did Paul Lieberstein leave The Office?
Paul initially planned to start the spin-off series “The Farm” featuring Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute. To focus on this project, Lieberstein left The Office. But his succession was not accepted by NBC.
- Are Paul Lieberstein and Angela Kinsey related?
Paul Lieberstein has a brother named Warren Lieberstein. Warren was married to Angela Kinsey in 2000, but they later got divorced in 2010. Paul and Angela had a daughter together in 2008.
- How are Greg Daniels and Paul Lieberstein related?
Paul Lieberstein has a sister named Susanne Daniels. Susanne is married to Greg Daniels. Greg and Paul got married in 1991 and have four children together. Hence, the relationship between Paul and Greg is a brother-in-law.
- Are Warren and Paul Lieberstein twins?
No, Warren and Paul are not twins. Warren was born on September 20, 1968, whereas Paul was born on February 22, 1967. This made Warren the younger brother of Paul.