Michael McElhatton is a multi talented Irish actor and writer. He became well-known for his role as ‘Lord Roose Bolton’ in the HBO show Game of Thrones.
Since the 1980s, McElhatton has worked in the entertainment sector.
Michael first appeared on the HBO show as a celebrity guest in season 2. He remained in that capacity until season six, when he was elevated to a recurring character.
He has been in several Irish and English TV series and films. Similarly, Michael recently appeared in a supporting role in a fantasy drama series, The Wheel of Time. He portrayed the role of Tam al’ Thor. Tam al’ Thor is the father of Rand al’ Thor.
Michael McElhatton| Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Michael McElhatton|
|Date of Birth||12th September 1963|
|Birth Place||Terenure, Dublin, Ireland|
|Age||58 years old|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m|
|Weight||70 kg (154.5 lbs)|
|Body Measurements||44-32-15 inches|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Education||Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Children name||Eve McElhatton
|Net Worth||$1.4 million|
|Social Media Presence||N/A|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
Michael McElhatton Family and Early Life
He was born in Terenure, Dublin, Ireland, on 12th September 1963. The name of his parents and other details are kept a mystery. No one knows about their identities. Moreover, Michael has also maintained a low profile regarding his childhood days.
McElhatton grew up in a safe and secure atmosphere in Terenure. According to sources, Michael is residing in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Sadly, no information about his parents or other family members could be retrieved. Consequently, the identity of the McElhatton family has created a significant question mark. However, the readers will be updated if we find anything whatsoever about his formative years or if family members are found.
Michael McElhatton has indeed been interested in theater and acting since he was a child. He was a student at Terenure College of Drama. Michael then attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts of London, receiving his diploma in 1987.
He spent eight years in London to get his alma mater from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. Throughout his time in London, he learned much about film and acting.
Age and Height| How Tall Is Michael McElhatton?
Michael is an Irish citizen with Irish citizenship. He belongs to the white ethnic group. Michael is now 58 years old; this September, he will turn 59. Michael is a healthy and fit actor with a body weight of 70 Kg or 154.5 lbs. Moreover, he has an athletic body type.
His body measurement is 44-32-15 inches which means his chest is 44 inches, waist is 32 inches, and biceps measure 15 inches. Similarly, the muscular actor is 5 feet and 9 inches or 1.75 m tall.
Furthermore, his other facial features include a long chin and high cheekbones. One of the distinctive features of Michael is his balding head. He has unique pair of green eyes. His natural hair is light brown.
Michael’s sun sign is Virgo because he was born in September month. A Virgo man is ambitious, clever, and diligent. Likewise, logical thought, problem-solving, and a sense of adventure are all characteristics of Virgo man.
They are pretty calculated, but they follow their hearts in other situations. Additionally, they have excellent intuition and may immediately detect deceptive people. Consequently, Michael has the deep and commanding voice of an alpha male.
Michael McElhatton| Wife and Children
There is no information on Michael’s previous partnerships. His private life has remained a closely guarded secret. Maybe he has a woman and doesn’t want us to discuss her, or perhaps he doesn’t.
Michael is said to be single, according to the news. He’d be better off being alone now and focusing on his future. He appears to be ecstatic to be able to live his lifestyle in person without being bothered.
Outside the spotlight, the actor has a very personal life and is dedicated to his work. However, having children does not always imply being married, and there is no information on his marriage or affairs.
Reportedly, Michael has two children. Their names are Eve McElhatton and James McElhatton.
Michael McElhatton| Net Worth And Salary
Since 1987, the 58-year-old actor has worked in the film and television industries. He is still functioning in the entertainment sector. He has undoubtedly amassed a substantial sum of money. Michael’s net worth is $1.4 million.
Michael McElhatton has worked in the industry for over three decades. Acting and writing are his principal sources of income. Michael is also known as a voice actor.
- Michael McElhatton screen debut in the 1990 film The Loser, in which he portrayed Eddie.
- In the 2004 film Adam & Paul, he portrayed Martin.
- In 2011, he also portrayed James Clarke in Death of a Superhero.
- In 2016, he can also be seen in McEntee’s The Siege of Jadotville.
- Mainly in the 2017 film King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, he performed the role of Jack’s Eye.
- In 2017, he was also featured as Terrorist Chief in Justice League.
- Bernard Latour is the role he portrays in his forthcoming film The Last Duel.
- Michael McElhatton made his television debut in 1997’s Ballyseedy, in which he portrayed Comdt. Ed. Breslin.
- In 2011, he returned to the role of Ernesto Heuberin Zen.
- From 2012 to 2016, he starred as Roose Bolton in the famous HBO series Game of Thrones.
- In 2013, he also portrayed Commissioner James Monro and Brian in Ripper Street as Well as The Ice Cream Girls correspondingly.
- In Genius, he played Dr. Phillipp Lenard Aka Jonas Salk.
- In Chernobyl during the year 2019, he played the role of Andrei Stepashin.
- In 2020, he played Dr. Markoe in The Alienist: Angel of Darkness.
- He has also performed as a voice performer in several films. McElhatton is currently starring in Amazon Prime’s massive fantasy show The Wheel of Time.
Michael McElhatton Selected Stage Career
- Appeared in The Night Live as Doc in Donmar Warehouse, London, and the Atlantic Theater in New York City.
- Performed in National Theatre, London as Nicky Giblin in The Seafarer.
- Performed for Twenty Grand in Abbey Theatre.
Moreover, he appeared in numerous plays in several theatres throughout his career. Some of his other theatre actings are mentioned below:
- Greatest Hits, Project Arts Centre
- Water Music, Cockpit Theatre
- The Way of the World, Project Arts Centre
- Shining City, Royal Court Theatre, London
- An Ideal Husband, Gate Theatre
- Little Malcolm and His Struggle Against the Eunuchs, BAC
- The White Devil, Project at the Mint
- Wind in the Willows, Sheffield Crucible
Michael McElhatton| Movies And Television Shows
The remaining popular movies and TV shows of Michael are listed below:
- Das Boot
- New Worlds
- Happy Ever Afters
- The Zookeeper’s Wife
- November Afternoon
- Spin the Bottle
- Vicious Circle
- Perrier’s Bounty
- Rebel Heart
- My Boy Jack
- The Autopsy of Jane Doe
- Strike Back
- The Hallow
Michael McElhatton Voice Acting for Movies, Video Games, and TV Series
A few of the shows, video games as well as movies that Michael has done voiceover for are mentioned below:
- Norm of the North
- The Food Guide to Love
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
- The Legend of Longwood
- Adam & Paul
- God’s Early Work
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
Michael McElhatton Writing Credits
Michael is also a screenwriter. Hence, he has received writing credits for the movies and tv shows he has written.
- Paths to Freedom
- Your Bad Self
- Fergus’s Wedding
- Spin the Bottle
Awards and Achievements
Michael McElhatton seems to be a multi-talented actor. For his performance, he has been recognized for various accolades. Perhaps, Michael has more than eight nominations altogether till now.
- 2003 IFTA Award nomination for Best Actor-Film
- 2003 IFTA Award nomination for Best Script
- 2003 IFTA Awards for Best Actor in a Television Drama
- 2007 IFTA Award nomination for Best Actor in Television
- 20th Screen Actors Guild Awards nomination for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series.
- 2013 IFTA Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor in a Film
Social Media Presence
Michael McElhatton is a solitary individual who does not use social media platforms. He does not have accounts on online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
Although Michael is one of the best actors, he wants to remain out of the spotlight, which means that little data about him is available online. Thus, he isn’t very active on social media.
Interesting Facts about Michael McElhatton
- Michael began his career as a stage actor.
- He is a multi-talented actor, writer, and voice actor.
- Similarly, he is 58 years old and is not still married.
- Michael has kept his personal life out of the spotlight. Thus, he is not available on any social media.
- He is a qualified actor with a certification in acting.
- Further, he started his career in 1987. He is still highly active in the showbiz industry.
Michael McElhatton| Frequently Asked Questions
- When was Michael McElhatton born?
He was born on 12th September 1963.
- Has Michael won any awards?
Yes, he won IFTA awards in 2003 for his work in Paths to Freedom as the best actor in television.
- Is Michael McElhatton married?
Hardly anyone knows if he is married or not except him. He has kept his entire personal life a secret.
- Where was Michael McElhatton born?
He was born in Terenure, Dublin, Ireland.