Being a fashion designer Cynthia Rowley net worth is more than you can imagine. She has been in the business for several years and has been imprinting her name as one of the best designers in the world.
This young diva works to collaborate fashion with philosophy so that people view fashion as an adventure. Along with that, she also strongly believes in sustainability.
Due to her work and accolades, Cynthia has been honored with a CFDA Awards and Designer of the Year at the American Image Awards. Not to mention she is also a best heeling author and has been featured in numerous tv shows.
Today we will be learning more about Cynthia Rowley net worth and how she was able to make it to the fashion world. Added to that, we will also talk about her age, height, body, career, and more. Let’s get started with some quick facts;
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Cynthia Rowley|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1958|
|Birth Place||Barrington, Illinois|
|Age||64 years old|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Updating Soon|
|Education||School of the Art Institue of Chicago|
|Net Worth||$100 million|
|Social Media Presence|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
What Is Cynthia Rowley Net Worth?
This young fashion designer has been in the industry since the ‘80s. Cynthia has been earning pretty well in the industry from that moment on. So what really is Cynthia Rowley net worth?
To be precise, Cynthia Rowley net worth in 2022 is $100 million. She spends her money in some of the extravagant mansions spread all over the world.
In March of 2019, this young designer sold her property at West Village townhouse in New York City for about $14 million. Similarly, this lady bought land in 2014 for approximately $11 million.
From that moment on, she has been using that space to promote her work and brand. Similarly, she also owns two other properties in New York City; however, the cost of it is yet to be revealed.
Cynthia Rowley Was Sued in New York State Court
Cynthia Rowleys sued the famous designer because she did not pay the rent and legal fees of $861,000. However, according to the designer, the subtenant owes the rent.
376 Bleecker Associated and Bleecker Downtown Partners filed a case against Cynthia in New York State Court. At the beginning of her five-year lease, Rowley used to pay $25,000, which later increased to $27,318.8.
According to the suit, the designer owes $190.826.59 in back rent and must pay $646,088.10 fr the remainder of the lease. In contrast to this, Cynthia said.
“I am using a subtenant … for nonpayment of space in a building that I sold in 2016. I purchased a new building at 394 Bleecker Street where my store is housed now.”
In addition, Cynthia’s brand has ten different stores, including New York, Charleston, Chicago, S. C. Palm Beach, Montauk, Fia, Bleecker Street, and many more.
Who Is Cynthia Rowley?- Parents, Childhood, and Education
This pretty lady has been living in the wonderful place of Barrington, Illinois, located in the northwestern suburb of Chicago. She was born to mother Clementine, who was active as a painter.
Similarly, this beauty’s after name is Ed Rowley, and he has been working as a science teacher. Cynthia made her first dress when she was as young as seven years old. Since that time, she has been dreaming of being a fashion designer.
As a matter of fact, her grandparents were the designer of the Pabst Blue Ribbon logo and a painter. Talking about education, she has been to Barrington High School.
Likewise, she has been earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the School of the Art Institue of Chicago in the year 1981. However, Rowley was kicked out of her junior year art show at SAIC when she used wings in her design.
As a matter of fact, the famous Marshall Field once bought her collection when she was studying at SAIC.
How Old Is Cynthia Rowley?- Age, Height, and Body Measurement
This American designer was born in the year of 1958, and in 2022 she is just 64 years old. Recently, she celebrated her birthday on the 29th day of July.
According to her date, Cynthia falls under the sun sign of Leo. That suggests that this hottie is a powerful woman who likes to follow her heart and work her own way.
As per sources, this designer stands tall at a height of 5 feet 8 inches that translates to 1.76 m. Likewise, being an astounding designer, this lady loves to present herself well to the camera.
Apart from wearing designer clothes and accessories, Cynthia loves maintaining her body and having a positive mind. Speaking of which, she has a body weighing about 132 pounds that covers 60 kg in general.
In addition to this, she is blessed to have dark brown hair and a pair of beautiful eyes.
- In the year 1981, this famous persona received the SAIC fellowship award in her senior year. Instead of investing it in the designer further, Cynthia chose to use it to move to he dream city New York City.
- Taking approximately $3,000 from her grandmothers, Rowley was ready to venture out and imprint her name in the entertainment industry.
- Back in 1988, she launched her first capsule collection of women’s wear, cosmetics, glasses, fragrance, handbags, swimwear, and wetsuits, to mention some.
- Later on, she put her hand to creating home accessories named Swell. Along with this, Cynthia is also an author.
- With the help of fellow friend Ilenerosenweig, Cynthia wrote a book.
- Some of them include the likes of Swell Holiday: Turning Up the Twinkle, The Swell Dressed Party, Home Swell Home, Swell: A Girl’s Guide to the Good Life, and Slim: A Fantasy Memoir, among others.
- Similarly, in 2011, she released her collection named Mr. Powers collection, which put more emphasis on men’s wear.
- She often put her fashion hows in at New York Fashion Week twice a year.
- Her stores are spread to different destinations of the world. Her collection is spread in Chicago, New York City, Newport Beach, Pacific Palisades, Malibu, and Palm Beach, to mention some.
Who Is The Husband of Cynthia Rowley? Does She Have Kids?
Earlier, this American beaut was madly in love with photographer Tom Sullivan. Within a matter of time, their love for each other grew immensely, and they decided to walk down the aisle.
Unfortunately, Cynthia’s first husband was diagnosed with cancer and lost his life at the age of 32 in 1994. After that, he encountered Brooklyn sculptor cum interior designer William Keenan Jr.
With this man, Rowley had her first child named Kit Keenan in 1999. Sadly the couple divorced Cynthia met freelance journalist turned art gallery owner Bill Power in the year 2005.
That same year his diva gave birth to her second child Gigi Powers. Cynthia loves taking her beautiful daughter to several destinations in the world, including Paris, Egypt, West Africa, Korea, and Japan, to name some.
Cynthia And Her Daughter Kit Keenan Are Close
There is no denying that Rowley was super happy when she found out that she was pregnant. She loved the wonder of motherhood and cherished every moment with the little Kit as time flew very fast.
The mother and daughter duo have been bonding over the years blissfully and is often spotted traveling to several destinations of the world. Just like mother Cynthia, Kit is also a fashion icon.
Talking about her, she has been on the noteworthy show The Bachelor Season 3. Even more, he is also a model and often reveals how much fashion means to her.
Furthermore, Kit and Rowley run an Apple podcast together namedAgeless. On the show, they can be heard sharing their views and thoughts on lifestyle, beauty, and many more.
In addition to this, they also share some of the highlights of other relationships. As a matter of fact, tier podcast shoe reflects how to develop their individual personality and flourish the mother-daughter relationship.
Awards and Accolades
- This 64 year old designer was honored by the Council of Fashion Designers of America with a Perry Ellis Award for New Fashion Talent in the year 1994.
- Similarly, in 2012, she was awarded the School of the Art Institue of Chicago’s Legend of fashion award juxtaposed to Bill Powers.
- Likewise, in 2015, she became the designer of the Year at the 37th Annual American Apparel and Footwear Association American Image Awards.
Social Media Presence
One may find it hard to believe that this busy woman and mother of two finds her way to be active on the social media platform. It is not only her way to stay in touch with her fans but to showcase her work and experience to the people.
As a matter of fact, Cynthia is highly active on social media platforms. You can follow her at the link below;
Instagram: 241k followers
- Cynthia loves riding a Vespa when she is not in her Citi Bike.
- She is comfortable in barefoot or sneakers when spending her weekends in Montauk.
- Every day, she tries to start her day with something good. She adores connecting to people and sending thank you gifts to those who mean to her.
- Similarly, she starts her day by listening to some stand-up comedians.
- For Cynthia, fashion means to be fun, and in her every creation, she tries to be optimistic.
- Her parents encouraged her to explore the boundaries of creativity which helped her to practice self-expression and gain confidence.
Frequently Asked Question
- Who Is Cynthia Rowley?
Cynthia is a famous fashion designer who worked in Washington Heights.
- Who Is Cynthia Rowley’s Husband?
This lady has been married thrice in her lifetime. Currently, her husband is Bill Powers, who is a freelancing journalist turned into an art gallery owner.
- How Old Is Cynthia Rowley?
This designer was born on July 29, in the year of 1958. Therefore in 2022, she is 64 years old.
- What Is Cynthia Rowley’s Nationality?
She is an American citizen.