Usher Raymond IV is a well-known singer and composer from the United States. Usher is one of the most successful musicians of the modern period, having sold 23.8 million albums and 38.2 million digital tracks in the United States alone.
To date, he has sold over 75 million records worldwide. Usher has received several honors during his career, including eighteen Billboard Music Awards and eight Grammy Awards. He has released eight studio albums to date. He was also named the 10th most award-winning musician by FUSE Magazine. Usher is a successful businessman in addition to being a singer.
He is a co-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, an NBA basketball club headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. During his tenure, the club has been extremely successful, winning not just Central Division and Eastern Conference Championships but also the NBA Championship in 2016. In addition, he is a co-owner of the music streaming business Tidal, together with many other musicians.
He’s also a partner in Yoobi, a well-known school supply firm. In 2016, he released his latest album, Had II Love. It was a tremendous commercial success, just like most of his prior works. On the Billboard 200, it was at number five.
Table of Contents
Usher: Quick Facts
|Usher Raymond IV
|Date of Birth
|14 October 1978
|Dallas, Texas, United States
|42 years old
|Usher Raymond III
|5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
|75 kg or 165 pounds
|High school graduate
|Social Media Presence
|Instagram and Twitter
Usher Bio | Education And Early Life
Usher Raymond IV was born in Dallas, Texas, on October 14, 1978. Likewise, Usher Raymond III and Jonetta Patton are his parents. Usher’s father abandoned the family when he was just a year old. He had a mother, a stepfather, and a half-brother when he was growing up.
Usher, a graduate of North Springs High School, has always been passionate about music. He later joined a singing group, which aided him in improving his singing skills.
Age And Body Measurements
Well, Ushеr is 42 years old as of June 2021, having been born on October 14, 1978. The star singer stands at the height of 5 ft 8 in or 173 Centimetres tall; he weighs about 75 kg or 165 pounds.
- After signing a recording contract with LaFace Records, Usher released his self-titled first album at the age of fifteen. Even though he was going through puberty and had nearly lost his voice, the album fared well, reaching number 25 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and number 167 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- However, the New album was ridiculed since Usher sang about sex, which the public thought was improper for someone so young.
- He eventually graduated from high school and proceeded to hone his craft to create his following albums. In September 1997, he released his second studio album. The album My Way, which featured smash songs like Nice & Slow and You Make Me Wanna, started at number 15 on the Billboard 200 and rose to number 4 by the end of the year. It has sold over seven million copies all over the world.
- His third album, 8701, was released in 2001. Again, the album was a huge hit, selling over 210,000 copies in its first week. It also charted at number four on the Billboard 200 in the United States.
- His fourth album, Confessions, was highly welcomed by reviewers and the general public when it was released in 2004. However, despite the album being an instant smash, selling 1.1 million copies in its first week, it also sparked suspicions regarding Usher’s personal life.
- At the Billboard Music Awards in 2004, he was voted Artist of the Year. He won two People’s Choice Awards and three Grammy Awards a year later.
- His subsequent albums, Here I Stand (2008) and Raymond v Raymond (2010), were commercially successful, selling over a million copies each.
- In 2012, he released his seventh album, Looking 4 Myself. It was not just a tremendous commercial success, as had all of his prior works, but it also reached No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in the United States. With smash songs like Climax, Scream, and Numb, the album soared to the top of the charts in the United States and several other nations.
- Usher revealed in March 2013 that he was working on UR, his eighth studio album, which will be “more R&B, more urban” than his previous album Looking 4 Myself.
- Good Kisser, She Came to Give It to You featuring Nicki Minaj, and I Don’t Mind featuring Juicy J are just a handful of the album’s tracks.
- Usher has worked as a film and stage actor in addition to his music career. Meanwhile, Usher made his acting debut in the American television series Moesha, in which he portrayed one of several supporting parts. The show went on to become one of UPN’s most popular programs.
- In the teen horror-thriller The Faculty(1998), he had one of his first roles. The picture was a moderate box office hit.
- He went on to guest star on some television series, including one in which he played Marvin Gaye on the sitcom American Dreams (2002).
- In 2005, Usher starred as a radio jockey in the film In the Mix, and a year later, he was cast as Billy Flynn in the Broadway play Chicago (2006).
- Usher was revealed as one of the newest judges/coaches on NBC’s renowned singing competition series The Voice in 2012.
- On March 25, 2013, Usher made his Voice debut with Shakira, a Latin singer (the season 4 premiere).
- Usher and Shakira appeared on the program with returning judges/coaches Adam Levine and Blake Shelton, replacing Cee Lo Green and Christina Aguilera.
- Usher also keeps active with his charity, the New Look Foundation, which was formed in 1999 and seeks to provide money for children in foster care and service programs, as well as host conferences and camps for at-risk youth, and encourage leadership skills for children in disadvantaged regions.
- Moreover, he has earned awards from the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Trumpet Foundation, and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People for his work with the organization.
- He has also made investments in some business ventures. He is a co-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball club and owns the record company US Records and a men’s fragrance brand.
Melinda, a Puerto Rican singer, and Usher dated in 2002. Tyrese Gibson and Melinda’s romance was said to be over when he discovered Usher’s tattoo on Melinda’s hip. Naomi Campbell, a British model, then dated Usher from September to December 2004. They split up when Usher stated that he was bored with her.
Usher and Joy Bryant had a romance in 2005 when she starred in Usher’s music video Caught Up.
Throughout the whole year of 2005, model Eishia and Usher were openly spotted together at events such as the Grammys, Oscars, NAACP Awards, and others. In addition, Pamela Anderson, a former playmate and Canadian actress, and Usher were rumored to be dating for a few months in 2006.
Tameka Foster, an American hairstylist and wardrobe stylist, began dating Usher in January 2005. She had been his personal stylist for the previous five years. In March of 2007, the couple were married. Their wedding took place on August 3, 2007. Usher “Cinco” Raymond V (born November 2007) and Naviyd Ely Raymond (born December 2008) are the couple’s two sons. In November of 2009, they divorced.
Grace Miguel, an American television personality, and Usher were romantically linked in June 2009. When Usher was still married to Tameka Foster, they were photographed numerous times. When the pair got engaged in January 2015, their bond grew even stronger. But, unfortunately, they broke up in March of that same year.
Usher and fiancée Jenn Goicoechea had their daughter, Sovereign Bo, in September 2020, and the couple revealed they are expecting their second child together in May 2021.
Net Worth | How Much Does Usher Earn?
Usher is an American singer, songwriter, producer, and actor. Usher has sold more than 75 million records worldwide, making him one of the most successful musicians of all time. He has also co-founded RBMG Records, Justin Bieber’s record label, with Scooter Braun.
So, after working successfully for so many years, Usher has amassed the net worth of around $200 Міllіоn аѕ оf 2021. Не hаѕ еаrnеd mоѕt оf thіѕ mоnеy bу bеіng оnе оf thе mоѕt rеnоwnеd аrtіѕtѕ оvеr thе уеаrѕ. Ніѕ јоurnеу bеgаn frоm а vеrу уоung аgе, аnd wіth раѕѕіng tіmе, hе hаѕ bееn оnе оf thе vеrѕаtіlе rосk-ѕtаr оf thе Fіlm іnduѕtrу.
Social Media Presence | Is Usher Active On Social Media?
Usher is a very active social media user with a large fan base. He enjoys interacting with his followers and keeping them up to speed on his travels. You can keep up with the renowned singer on his social media accounts, which are listed below.
Instagram – 9.1 million followers
Twitter – 12 million followers
Interesting Fact About Usher
- Usher’s father abandoned the family when he was a baby. As a result, his mother and stepfather reared him.
- On January 21, 2008, his father died after a heart attack.
- Actor Ben Vereen’s godson is Usher.
- Usher is a co-owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers of the NBA.
- He has a road named after him. It is famous as “Usher Raymond Parkway.”
- His new album My Way (1997) was a homage to Frank “Mickey Blue Eyes” Sinatra, a legendary performer.
- He began his musical career when he was nine years old.
- In June 2021, Usher was in the White House as June 19 was designated a national federal holiday.