Tristin Mays is a trendy singer and actress. Mays became famous due to her role as Riley Davis in the series McGyver.
Tristin’s other notable movies and TV shows are Thunderstruck, The Wedding Singer, Alias, etc. Mays has been acting since she was six years old. However, she did not get the breakthrough she needed for a long time.
Tristin Mays is a very hardworking and determined person. Her best attribute is never quitting and making the most out of bad situations.
If you are a fan of Mcgyver, you must know Tristin Mays and her acting. Please read the articles below if you love to know the life of Tristin Mays.
So let’s start with the quick facts of Tristin Mays.
Tristin Mays: Quick Facts
|Birth Name||Tristin Mays|
|Nick Name||Under Review|
|Age||31 years old|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Louisiana, New Orleans|
|Date of Birth||10th June 1990|
|Mother’s Name||Viveca Mays|
|Father’s Name||Michael Mays|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches tall or 165 cm|
|Weight||55 kg or 121 lbs|
|Body Measurement||35-29-36 inches|
|Race / Ethnicity||Mixed|
|Shoe Size||8 US|
|College/University||Vista Del Lago High School|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$1.1 million|
Tristin Mays Parents, Siblings, Early Life
Tristin Mays was born in Louisiana, New Orleans in the USA. Mays father’s name is Michael Mays, whereas her mother’s name is Viveca Mays. Regarding siblings, she has an older brother Jeryn Mays. Jeryn is also an actor and has appeared in many movies and TV shows.
When she was just a teenager, this 31 year old went to California along with her parents. Tristin was raised in Moreno Valley and attended Vista Del Lago High School.
There is not much information on what Tristin was like when she grew up. However, she did start acting when she was petite.
Tristin was just ten years old; at the time, she had already appeared on over five movies and TV shows.
Tristin Mays Age, Height, Weight and Body Measurements
The MacGyver actress is currently 31 years old as she was born on 10th June 1990. Mays stands at 5 feet 5 inches tall or 165 cm and weighs about 55 kg or 121 lbs. Tristin’s body measurements are 35-29-36 inches, and she wears the shoe size of 8 US.
Mays has Hazel color eyes, and her hair color is black. Tristin Mays’s zodiac sign is Gemini. The female with the Gemini zodiac sign is a very creative person who likes to design and innovate.
Tristin Mays is American, whereas she belongs to mixed ethnicity. Mays has not revealed her religion to date, so we will surely update it if we find relevant information.
This charming personality always looks to enjoy and have fun when talking about hobbies and interests. Mays is fond of adventure, traveling, and skateboarding, which she is very good at.
However, Mays is also keen on the quiet home day and likes to play with her pets and spend time with her family.
- In the movie Harambee, Tristin Mays started her career at six years old. A concise role prompted her to learn acting even when she was young.
- However, Tristin’s significant role came in 1997 when she was in the cast of Gullah Gullah Island. Mays played the character of Shaina, which was the regular role for her.
- Tristin Mays’s television role continued; however, it was only short and cameo roles at the time. In 2004 Mays appeared for only three episodes of Alias, where she played the character of Robin Dixon.
- Tristin acted in another cameo role, this time as a substitute teacher in a show “Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide.” On the show, Mays played the role of Bernice, who appeared on only one episode.
- Tristin’s life was going smoothly, getting several cameo roles. However, she was still waiting for that one significant lead role for her career to change forever.
- In 2008, Tristin played Jenis Huckstabele in “Everybody Hates Chris.” Her role was of short recurring role, but fans still loved her acting and charisma.
- Tristin Mays finally got the lead role in the web series “Private.” Mays was regular on the show and her character Taylor was quite popular as fans adored it.
- In 2010, Tristin made another cameo in the episode” My Boss Ate My Homework. The said episode was from the popular TV show True Jackson VP where her role Monica appeared for just an episode.
- The beginning of 2011 turned out to be eventful for Tristin Mays as she made her movie debut. In the short film titled Hot Dog Water, Mays played the character of Julia, which became decently popular.
- Tristin Mays two cameos in the TV show world in 2011. The first is “Sherry” in the series Victorious where she appeared on the episode “Prom Wrecker.” Another cameo role came in the show “Kicking It” on the episode “All the Wrong Moves.”
- Mays also acted on another popular web series, FAIL, where she was the recurring character and was quite popular among fans.
- A year later, Tristin acted on a short role in the show The Newsroom as the Karaoke Girl. In 2012, Mays was approached and performed on another big-screen movie Thunderstruck.
- Mays played the character, Isabella Sanchez, as the film became a massive hit among basketball players due to the appearance of stars Kevin Durant.
- The same year in 2012, Tristin Mays also appeared in a short film ‘She is not My sister,” as Megan.
- Tristin Mays took some hiatus from TV from 2013 to get some more big-screen roles. Mays appeared in the “House Party: Tonight’s the night” as Autumn Rose. However, the movie was not released in theatres but was directly released in home formats.
TV Return and McGyver
- Tristin Mays returned to TV shows in 2015 in the 6th season of “The Vampire Diaries” Her role of Sarah Nelson was quite popular, and she also made a cameo appearance in seasons 7th and 8th.
- The same year Mays made the cameo appearance on Supergirl and acted in the movie The Wedding Ringer.
- Finally, the big break she was so dearly waiting for came in 2016. Tristin Mays was approached for the role of Riley Davies in the popular action drama McGyver.
- Tristin plays the character Riley Davis, a phenomenal hacker and one of the main characters that support the lead character in fighting crime.
- MacGyver went on for the 5th season and its finale season appeared in September 2021. During the time of MacGyver, Tristin Mays also appeared on Switched at Birth show for just three cameo episodes.
Awards and Accolades
Tristin Mays has been acting ever since she was just six years old. Her decade-long lasting acting career is a tribute in itself. However, Mays has not won significant awards to date, which can be disappointing.
Tristin Mays has won the Best Actress Award for the short movie Breath. Despite her fantastic performance in MacGyver, Mays has not been nominated or has won a single prestigious award from the show.
Tristin Mays still has a long way to go, so we hope she surely wins the award her talent deserves.
Rumors or Controversies
Tristin Mays is a very talented and humble actress. Hence she has not been in any rumors or controversies to date. The beautiful MacGyver actress keeps her private life personal and is exceptionally modest on the public outing.
Despite the long-acting history, Mays has been away from the spotlight that tarnishes the celebrities name.
Tristin Mays Boyfriend and Children
Tristin Mays is currently single and is not dating anyone. However, Mays constantly shares photos of actor Jessie Usher on her social media.
It prompted her fans to think if the couple was dating; however, Mays has stated she loves the actor’s role but is not dating.
Previously Mays was dating USA football player Deandre Yedlin. Mays often visited football stadiums to support her ex-boyfriend. After just three years in the relationship, the pair decided to break up.
Mays and Yedlin did not comment on the reason for breaking up and went separate ways peacefully. As of 2022, Mays also does not have any children and is probably focusing on her career.
Although fans have asked questions about her future, Mays has stated she plans things daily and does not look in the far ahead future.
Tristin Mays Net Worth
As of 2022, Tristin Mays has approximately $1.1 million net worth. Mays has earned primarily from her acting career.
According to reports, Mays makes $70,000 to $80,000 per episode from her hit show MacGyver. Mays also earns from her brand and endorsements, apart from her acting career, making up to $20,000.
Tristin’s career is starting to shine, so she might get some more awesome roles and earn some more from her acting. Mays can double her net worth within no time as she is one of the most promising actresses.
Tristin Mays Instagram
This diva is an interesting actress with a massive fan following. Mays is very popular among young fans all around the world. She is primarily active on Twitter and Instagram mostly.
Let’s break down Mays’s number of followers on the social media platform.
Twitter – 70.5k followers
Instagram – 484k followers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Tristin Mays’s brother?
Tristin Mays’s brother is Jeryn Mays, who is also an actor.
What is the most popular show of Tristin Mays?
Mays has played the lead role of Riley Davis in the popular show MacGyver.
- What is Tristin Mays’s net worth?
As of 2022, Tristin Mays has approximately $1.1 million net worth.