Temuera Morrison is a well-received actor who has dedicated three decades of his life to the movie industry. He comes from Maori descent and has directly or indirectly uplifted his tribes. Now, more and more Maori’s descent are inspired and encouraged to prefer their career as an actor. This man came into the limelight when he appeared as Dr. Hona Ropata on Shortland Street.
Starting his career from a minor role, now Temuera has been part of several blockbuster movies. For the time being, he is preparing for the upcoming movie titled Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Not to mention his talent is clearly visible on the Star Wars. Slowly and steadily he has imprinted his name among the superstars of the industry.
Along with that Morrison is renowned for his role in the movie Occupation: rainfall, Mosley, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, The Brighton Miracle, Aquaman, Occupation, Dawn, Moana, Hard Target 2, Mohana, Mt.Zion, fresh meat to mention some.
In this article, we are going to take a peek at Temeura’s biography. From what was he like offset to how he was able to land in Hollywood, we will reveal them all. Before all this let’s get to know this man better through some quick facts;
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Temuera Derek Morrison|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1960|
|Birth Place||Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, North Island of New Zealand|
|Age||60 years old|
|Father’s Name||Laurie Morrison|
|Mother’s Name||Hana Morrison|
|Height||5 ft 7 in or 172 cm|
|Weight||75 kg or 165.5 lbs|
|Ethnicity||Maori, Scottish and Irish roots|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||Updating Soon|
|Education||Wesley College, Auckland, Western Heights High School, Rotorua, New Zealand Special performing Arts Training Scheme|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Social Media Presence|
Who Is Temuera Morrison? Where Is He From?
Fans all over the world are well aware of the fact that Temuera is a stunning actor who has appeared in plenty of movies. He was born and raised in the town of Rotorua, on the North Island of New Zealand. His father’s name is Hana Morrison and his mother’s name is Laurie Morrison.
Not to mention, his mother was a reputed musician who released peaceful music every now and then. Talking about siblings, he is blessed to have Taini Morrison by his side. Just like him, she is also famous in Hollywood for being a kapa haka performer.
In addition to this, Taini is only two years older than Temuera. Sadly she passed away on 8 June 2009 at the age of 58 or 59. Not to mention they are nieces to the profound musician Sir Howard Morrison. Moving on, he has been to Wesley College situated in Auckland.
Later he enrolled in Western Heights High School, Rotorua. Moreover, this man comes from the mixed descent of Maori, Irish and Scottish.
How Old Is Temuera Morrison?- Age, Height and More
This andy actor was born on the 26th day of December, after Christmas in the year 1960. In 2021, he is 60 years old and is as young as ever. although he has already stepped into old age, this actor has not planned to settle down just yet. Temuera Derek Morrison belongs to the sun sign of Capricorn.
Temuera stands tall at a height of 5 feet 7 inches which translates to 172 cm. Being an actor this man has maintained his physique pretty well. In 2021 he had a bodyweight of 165.5 pounds which converts to 75 kg in general.
The most distinctive feature of Morrison is his tough and angular facial features. He is blessed to have black hair along with dark brown eyes. Due to old age, his hair is slowly turning white.
Movies and Tv Shows
- Temuera initiated his career as an actor from the movie named Rangi’s Catch in 1973. There he got the lead role of Rangi.
- After that, this man shared the screen in Never Say Die With Lisa Eilbacher, Tony Barry, and others.
- It was in 1992 that he was cast in Shortland Street. His role as Dr. Hone Ropata was commendable and adored by many.
- In the movie once Were Warrior, Morrison appeared as a violent and abusive Maori husband Jake The Muss Here. For his role, he was awarded the Best Male Performace in a dramatic role at the 1994 New Zealand Film and Television Awards.
- This man again got the same role in 1994 What Become of the Broken Hearted? For this role too, he bagged the Best Actor Award from the New Zealand Film Awards.
- In 2010, he confessed that he felt very typecast doing the role in What Becomes of the Broken Heart. He said, ” It was a millstone round my neck.”
- In 1996 alone, Temuera starred in five different movies. It includes Barb Wire, The Island of Dr. Moreau, Broken English, Little White Lies, and Whipping Boy.
- He was seen as Abin Sue in Green Lantern (2011), King Ramusan in The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012), Hemi Crane in Fresh Meat (2012), and Grandfather Mahana in Mahana (2016).
- He was well criticized for his role in the movie Occupation (2018), Aquaman (2019), The Brighton Miracle (2019), Dora and the Lost City of Gold (2019), Mosley (2019), and Occuplation Rainfall (2021)
- In 2022, he will be portraying the role of Thomas curry in the Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.
Who Is The Wife of Temuera Morrison? Does He Have Any Kid?
Being one of the dashing actors in the industry it is obvious that he knew talented actresses and models in the industry. Not to mention he had accumulated a significant amount of female fans all over the world. despite this, he was not the one to fall for just any girl.
In the 1980s Temuera fell in love with stunning singer Kim Willoughby. During that time, she was working with the all-girl group When the Cat’s Away. Their relationship went on pretty well until they decided to break up after that. While they were madly in love for all those years, they were blessed to have a son named James.
As soon as they broke up, this 60 year old actor again fell for Ashlee Howden Sadlier. As a matter of fact, this lady was 26 years old younger than him. Their relationship escalated for consecutive seven years and unfortunately, they parted with each other. Finally, in 1997, Morrison started dating beautiful Angel Marie Dotchin.
Unlike his previous relationship, this time his love lasted only for 5 years. Eventually, they broke up in 2002. At last, he was linked up with another pretty lady Peata Melbourne. Fortunately, Peeta became a mother of his child named Aiorangi.
What Is The Net Worth of Temuera Morrison?
This Kiwi actor has appeared in several movies which are big at the box office. Until now some of his top movies are Star Wars Franchise, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, The Brighton Miracle, Aquaman, Occupation, Dawn, Moana, Hard Target 2, Mohana, Mt.Zion amongst others.
In 2021, Temuera has a total net worth of $1.5 million. Apart from this, he has his own business endeavors which adds up some amount in his net worth. We will add further information as soon as it is on the media. Till then stay tuned!
Social Media Presence
Being an actor, Temuera has a very busy schedule. However, he is trying his best to take some time for her fans. And the only way to do so is through social media platforms. He is highly active on Instagram. You can follow him on the link below;
Instagram: 115k followers
- Temuera belongs to the Maori descent.
- His real name is Temuera Derek Morrison.
- In 1994, he was criticized for the role of Mari’s husband Jake “The Muss” Heke in the movie title Once Were Warrior.
- Later in 2005, he started his own show named The Tem Show on New Zealand television.
- After four years in 2009, he initiated writing his own biography in order to inspire other people.
- In 2010, this man confessed that his role as Jake the Muss was a bit burden around his neck.
- Similarly, in 2014, he made a debut album named Tem which was released in November by Sony Music Entertainment NZ. The album consisted of a cover of his uncle Howard Morrison and his father.
- He rose to prominence for his role in Star War II. Tem was seen as a bounty hunter Jango Fett. Fortunately, he also appeared in other franchises of Star Wars.
- Morrison was happy to become the best man at Jay Laga’aia’s marriage.
- In addition to this, Temuera had to stand in a box during the shoot of Aquama because of the towering height of Nicole Kidman.