Many people come and go in the industry, but there are some who have been there since they started their journey. Steve Buscemi is among the few who entered the entertainment industry as an actor and now has built his reputation as a filmmaker.
Struggling from the start of his career, this actor got a chance to be featured in several movies directed by some of the legendary personas in the show business. To be precise, Steven was cast in Quentin Tarantino‘s Reservoir Dogs in 1992 and Robert Rodriguez‘s movie Desperado in 1995.
It is commendable to know that this favorite actor has been awarded notable recognitions. His hard work has earned him two Screen Actors Guild Awards, two nominations in Emmy Award, and a Golden Globe.
Although his life was all cherry, Steve went through the most tragedy of his life. He lost his significant half, which broke his heart and lost companionship at such an old age.
In this article, we will let you know how he lost his wife. What are Steven doing now and other vital information regarding this star? So, without any further ado, let’s get started with this article with some quick facts.
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Steven Vincent Buscemi|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1957|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States|
|Age||64 years old|
|Father’s Name||John Buscemi|
|Mother’s Name||Dorothy Buscemi|
|Siblings||Michael Buscemi, Ken Buscemi, Jon Buscemi|
|Height||5 ft 9 in or 175 cm|
|Weight||70 kg or 154.5 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Not Given|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Education||Valley Stream Central High School, Nassau Community College, Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
Who Is Steve Buscemi? Where Was He Born?
If you are a huge fan of this actor, then you are pretty well aware that this man was raised in New York City in Brooklyn. His full name is Steven Vincent Buscemi, and he was born to his mother Dorothy and his father, John Buscemi.
According to reliable resources, Buscemi’s mother was a hostess at Howard Johnson’s while his father served in Korean War and was a sanitation worker.
Apart from this, he is blessed to have three supportive brothers. They are Jon, Ken, and Michael, among which Michael followed Steve’s footsteps and is now a respectable actor in the industry.
During childhood, this famous actor was sent to Valley Stream, located in Nassau county. Later he went to the Valley Strem Central High school and graduated there in 1975.
Fortunately, during his time there, Buscemi befriends actress Patricia Charbonneau and writer Edward J. Renehan Jr. During his college times, he participated in the drama troupe and went to the varsity squad.
In addition to this, Steve has been to Nassau Community College and later went to Manhattan to study at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
How Old Is Steve Buscemi? What Is His Height?
This dashing gentleman was born in the year 1957 on the 13th day of December. Recently he celebrated his birthday along with his family and near friends.
As he was born in December, Steve falls under the sun sign of Sagittarius. According to this sign, he is sympathetic, caring, and a hard-working actor. As a matter of fact, he stands tall at a height of 5 feet 9 inches which converts to 175 cm in general.
Moreover, this handsome man weighs about 154.5 pounds that generally converts to 70 kg. The most distinct feature of this actor is his googly eyes, misaligned teeth, slender frame, clean-shaven look, and raspy voice.
Added to that, Buscemi has a bright blue eye along with short light brown hair.
- Reservoir Dogs (1992)
- Con Air (1997)
- Grown Ups (2010)
- Fargo (1996)
- The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Armageddon (1998)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Hubie Halloween (2020)
- Mr. Deeds (2002)
- The Death of Stalin (2017)
- Monster House (2006)
- Desperado (1995)
- Big Daddy (1989)
- The King of Staten Island (2020)
- Grown Ups 2 (2013)
- Ghost World (2001)
- airheads (1994)
- Trees Lounge (1996)
- The Dead Don’t Die (2019)
- The Island (2005)
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (2007)
Who Is The Wife of Steve Buscemi? Do They Have Kids?
This American actor met the love of his life when Reservoir Dogs was released. However, the actor did not tell young Jo Andres about himself.
As a matter of fact, she did not recognize him from the poster. When the duo reached steve’s apartment, she realized that he was the guy on the poster.
Eventually, they started dating but stayed away from the media for quite a while. Talking about his wife, Jo, he is also a marvelous artist, filmmaker, and performer.
Andres is widely known for her work in the 1996 movie Black Kites. Interestingly both of them have worked in a short movie titled What Happened to Pete. Steve wrote the story while Jo worked as an editor.
In addition to his, they walked down the aisle in 1987. Both of them were delighted to have their first child named Lucian Buscemi in 1990. from the moment that they were together, only Andres’s death made them apart.
How Did Steve Lost His Wife?
The most adored person by Steve, Andres, died at the age of 65 in 2019. As per sources, she was battling cancer for a year and later lost her wife to it.
During that time, Steve was 62 years old and was devastated by his wife’s death. Once in an interview, he revealed that it was the most painful way to die, and he sympathized with people suffering from it.
Moving on, he also added that Jo has been suffering from ovarian cancer since 2015. Although it was curd during the time, the disease relapsed in 2017 and got even worst than before.
Despite the fact that it has been several years that this gentleman has lost his life, it is hard for Buscemi to eliminate her presence. However, he still hopes to see communities coming together to support one another.
Being a responsible husband, Steve tries to preserve Jo’s life’s work as a choreographer and artist. Surprisingly the lovey-dovey couple had spent three decades together.
What Is The Net Worth of Steve Buscemi?- Salary
This 64-year-old actor has been involved in several professions. To be precise, Steve is a director, producer, and former firefighter. With his work and years of experience, Buscemi has a total net worth of $35 million in 2021.
May might recognize him for his work in the Boardwalk Empire, in which he was reported to receive $75,000 per episode. This famous actor loves spending his earnings in luxury.
Back in 2009, steve bought a house in Los Angeles in the Sunset strip for $6.25 million. The house consists of three bedroom and three bathroom that overlooks the pool and grassy lawn.
Social Media Presence
Unfortunately, Steve is not active on the social media platform.
- As a kid, Steve was hit by a car and bus. Added to that, his skull was fractured in the accident. Later he used the money attained from the legal settlement from the bus accident and used it to study in Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in New York City.
- Not to mention he was born on the 13th day of December on Friday. It is considered as one o the most foreboding date.
- From 1980 to 1984, Steve worked as a firefighter in New york city. During the 9/11 terrorist attack, he worked at the site of the tragedy. Not only this, he used to have 12-hour shifts for a week and looked after the missing firefighters.
- In 2014, this actor was named Honorary Battalion Chief by the City of New York Fire Department.
- His hometown was the location for shooting the 1996 comedy-drama movie Trees Lounge. Along with acting, he made a direction debut from it.
- Many might not know this, but this handsome actor tried his hand in the stand-up comedy as well. In 1984, he, along with Mark Boone Jr, performed together.
- Moreover, the movie trees Loungemovie was basically based on his life at the age of 19.
- Unlike other actors, Steve did audition for his role as George Costanza.
- Most of the time, Buscemi’s characters are in the movies. Sometimes he is tossed off the balcony, shot, riddled with throwing knives, fed to a wood chipper, and stabbed with an ice pick.
- This man portrayed the role of Garland Greene in the movie Con Air. The screenwriter of the movie Scott Rosenberg wrote the character keeping Steve in his mind. He was very happy when the actor accepted the role.