Sharon Stone is a famous American actress, producer, and former fashion model who has won many awards and recognition for her work in film and television. She was born in Pennsylvania and started her career as a model in New York. She made her film debut in 1980 and rose to fame in 1990 with Total Recall.
Sharon Stone became an international sensation in 1992 with Basic Instinct, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination. She is best known for her roles in movies such as Casino, for which she won a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination, The Laundromat, for which she received critical acclaim, and Ratched, for which she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Sharon Stone is also a humanitarian who has supported various causes and charities, such as AIDS research, women’s rights, peace activism, and environmental protection. She is a mother of three adopted sons and a practicing Buddhist. She is one of the most influential and iconic actresses in Hollywood.
Table of Contents
Sharon Stone’s Quick Facts
|Full name||Sharon Vonne Stone|
|Date of birth||March 10, 1958|
|Place of birth||Meadville, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Ethnicity||Irish, German, Scottish, and English|
|Education||Saegertown High School, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Actress, producer, former fashion model|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (174 cm)|
|Net worth||$60 million (as of 2020)|
|Marital status||Single (divorced twice)|
|Spouses||Michael Greenburg (m. 1984; div. 1990), Phil Bronstein (m. 1998; div. 2004)|
|Children||Three sons (Roan, Laird, and Quinn) (all adopted)|
Sharon Stone is a 65-year-old American actress, producer, and former fashion model who has starred in many popular movies and TV shows. She was born in Pennsylvania and started her career as a model in New York. She made her film debut in 1980 and rose to fame in 1990 with Total Recall.
Sharon Stone became an international sensation in 1992 with Basic Instinct, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination. She won a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination for her role in Casino in 1995. She has also received an Emmy Award and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Sharon Stone has been married and divorced twice and has three adopted sons. She is also a humanitarian who has worked with various causes and charities. She is one of the most influential and iconic actresses in Hollywood.
Sharon Stone’s Age
Sharon Stone is currently 65 years old. She was born on March 10, 1958, in Meadville, Pennsylvania, U.S. She is the second of four children of Joseph William Stone II, a tool and die manufacturer and former factory worker, and Dorothy Marie (née Lawson), an accountant.
Sharon Stone’s Height
Sharon Stone is 5 ft 9 in (174 cm) tall. She has a slim and fit body with measurements of 34-26-36 inches. She has blue eyes and blonde hair. She is known for her stunning looks and ageless beauty.
Sharon Stone was a bright and gifted child who excelled in academics. She graduated from Saegertown High School in Saegertown, Pennsylvania, at the age of 15. She then attended Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, where she studied creative writing and fine arts. She also won several beauty pageants, such as Miss Crawford County and Miss Pennsylvania
Sharon Stone’s Net Worth
Sharon Stone has an estimated net worth of $60 million as of 2020. She has earned most of her wealth from her successful acting career that spans over four decades. She has starred in more than 100 films and television shows, some of which are considered classics.
Sharon Stone has also produced several films and documentaries. She is one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood.
Sharon Stone was born on March 10, 1958, in Meadville, Pennsylvania, to Joseph William Stone II, a tool and die manufacturer and former factory worker, and Dorothy Marie (née Lawson), an accountant. She has two brothers, Michael and Patrick, and a sister, Kelly. She grew up in a working-class family and was a bookworm as a child.
Sharon Stone was also interested in beauty pageants and won the title of Miss Crawford County in Meadville. She was a candidate for Miss Pennsylvania.
Sharon Stone attended Saegertown High School in Saegertown, Pennsylvania, where she was a cheerleader and a member of the student council. She graduated in 1975 at the age of 17. She then enrolled at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania to study creative writing and fine arts.
However, Sharon Stone left the university after two years to pursue a modeling career in New York City. She signed with the Ford Modeling Agency and appeared in several TV commercials and print advertisements.
Sharon Stone made her film debut as an extra in Woody Allen’s comedy-drama Stardust Memories in 1980. She then played her first speaking part in Wes Craven’s horror film Deadly Blessing in 1981.
Sharon Stone continued to appear in minor roles in movies such as Irreconcilable Differences, King Solomon’s Mines, Cold Steel, and Above the Law throughout the 1980s. She also had guest appearances on TV shows such as Silver Spoons, Magnum P.I., T.J. Hooker, and Bay City Blues.
Sharon Stone’s breakthrough came in 1990 when she starred opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in Paul Verhoeven’s science fiction action film Total Recall.
Sharon Stone played Lori Quaid, the wife of Schwarzenegger’s character who turns out to be an undercover agent sent to kill him. The film was a huge commercial success and earned her positive reviews from critics.
Sharon Stone then rose to international fame when she portrayed Catherine Tramell, a seductive and manipulative novelist who becomes the prime suspect in a murder case involving an ice pick, in another Verhoeven film, the erotic thriller Basic Instinct in 1992.
The film was controversial for its explicit sex scenes and violence, but it was also a box office hit and earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama.
Sharon Stone reached the peak of her career in the mid-1990s when she starred alongside Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci in Martin Scorsese’s epic crime drama Casino in 1995. She played Ginger McKenna, a former prostitute and con artist who becomes the wife of De Niro’s character, a casino manager with ties to the mob.
Her performance was widely acclaimed by critics and audiences alike and garnered her a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama as well as an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Sharon Stone also received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1995.
Sharon Stone followed up her success with other notable films such as Sliver, The Specialist, The Quick and the Dead, Sphere, The Mighty, and The Muse.
Sharon Stone has been married twice and divorced twice. Her first marriage was to Michael Greenburg, a producer whom she met on the set of The Vegas Strip War in 1984. They married in the same year but separated in 1987 and divorced in 1990. Her second marriage was to Phil Bronstein, an executive editor of the San Francisco Examiner whom she met in 1998.
They married in the same year and adopted a son, Roan Joseph Bronstein, in 2000. However, they divorced in 2004 after a bitter custody battle over Roan. Stone later adopted two more sons, Laird Vonne Stone in 2005 and Quinn Kelly Stone in 2006.
Sharon Stone has also dated several men in her life, such as William MacDonald, Bob Wagner, Dwight Yoakam, Russell Crowe, Christian Slater, Rick Fox, Martin Mica, and David DeLuise. However, as of 2023, she is single and happy with her three sons. She said in an interview with Vogue in 2019 that she is not looking for a partner anymore and that she is content with her life.
Awards and Recognition
Sharon Stone has received various accolades for her work in film and television, as well as for her humanitarian efforts. Some of her awards and recognition include:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for The Practice in 2004
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama for Casino in 1996
- Academy Award nomination for Best Actress for Casino in 1996
- Hollywood Walk of Fame star in 1995
- Officer of the Order of Arts and Letters in France in 2005
- Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters in France in 2021
- Peace Summit Award for her work with the Nobel Peace Laureates Foundation in 2013
- Women’s Image Network Award for her work with amfAR (The Foundation for AIDS Research) in 2015
Social Media Presence
Sharon Stone is active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. She has over 4 million followers on Instagram, where she posts pictures and videos of her personal and professional life.
Sharon Stone also has over 600k followers on Twitter, where she shares her opinions and thoughts on various topics. She also has over 1.5 million likes on Facebook, where she updates her fans about her projects and causes. Several accounts are here:
5 Most Interesting Facts about Sharon Stone
- Sharon Stone has a genius-level IQ of 154 and was a member of Mensa until she dropped out at the age of 22.
- Sharon Stone suffered a stroke and a cerebral hemorrhage in 2001 that left her with speech impairment, memory loss, and partial paralysis. She took two years to recover from the ordeal and had to relearn how to walk and talk.
- Sharon Stone posed nude for Playboy magazine in 1990 to promote Total Recall. She said that she did it because she wanted to show that women can be intelligent and sexy at the same time.
- Sharon Stone auctioned off her clothes from Basic Instinct, including the famous white dress that she wore during the interrogation scene, to raise money for amfAR in 2013. She raised over $1.6 million from the auction.
- Sharon Stone is a practicing Buddhist and has a tattoo of the Tibetan word for “courage” on her left wrist. She said that she got the tattoo after meeting the Dalai Lama in India in 1996.
Impact and Legacy
Sharon Stone is one of the most influential and iconic actresses in Hollywood. She has been praised for her versatility, charisma, beauty, and talent. She has also been admired for her courage, resilience, and generosity. She has inspired many young actresses to pursue their dreams and to challenge the stereotypes and norms of the industry.
Sharon Stone has also contributed to various social causes, such as AIDS research, women’s rights, peace activism, and environmental protection. She has been honored by many organizations and institutions for her work and achievements.
Sharon Stone has faced some legal issues in her career and personal life. Some of them are:
- In 1993, Sharon Stone sued producer William J. MacDonald for $12 million for breaching an oral contract to cast her as the female lead in the film The Crossing Guard. The case was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
- In 2004, Sharon Stone sued rapper Chanel West Coast for using her name and likeness without permission in the song Sharon Stoned. The case was dismissed by a judge in 2020 who ruled that the song was protected by the First Amendment.
- In 2008, Sharon Stone lost custody of her adopted son Roan to her ex-husband Phil Bronstein after she moved him from San Francisco to Los Angeles without his consent. She also accused Bronstein of abusing Roan, but the court found no evidence of that.
- In 2013, Sharon Stone was sued by her former housekeeper Erlinda Elemen for wrongful termination, harassment, and retaliation. Elemen claimed that Stone fired her after she discovered that she was paid overtime and that Stone made derogatory comments about her Filipino ethnicity and religion. The case was settled in 2015 for an undisclosed amount.
- In 2019, Sharon Stone was sued by her former nanny Angelica Castillo for unpaid wages, overtime, and damages. Castillo alleged that Stone failed to pay her the minimum wage and overtime for working up to 12 hours a day, six days a week. She also claimed that Stone verbally abused her and threatened to deport her. The case is still pending as of 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Sharon Stone married?
No, Sharon Stone is not married as of 2023. She has been divorced twice, from Michael Greenburg in 1990 and from Phil Bronstein in 2004. She has also dated several men in her life, but she is currently single and happy with her three sons.
How many children does Sharon Stone have?
Sharon Stone has three adopted sons: Roan Joseph Bronstein (born in 2000), Laird Vonne Stone (born in 2005), and Quinn Kelly Stone (born in 2006). She loves being a mother and says that her sons are the best thing that ever happened to her.
What is Sharon Stone’s net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Sharon Stone’s net worth is estimated to be $60 million as of 2020. She has earned most of her wealth from her acting career, as well as from endorsements, royalties, and investments.
What is Sharon Stone’s latest project?
Sharon Stone’s latest project is a Netflix series called Beauty, which is set to premiere in 2023. The series is a drama about the dark side of the beauty industry and its impact on society. Stone plays a powerful cosmetics mogul who is involved in a scandal.
What is Sharon Stone’s Instagram handle?
Sharon Stone’s Instagram handle is [@sharonstone]. She has over 2.5 million followers on the platform and posts regularly about her personal and professional life.
Sharon Stone is a legendary actress who has starred in some of the most iconic films in Hollywood. She has also been a humanitarian who has supported various causes and charities. She has faced many challenges and controversies in her life, but she has overcome them with grace and courage.
Sharon Stone is a role model for many women who aspire to achieve their dreams and live their lives on their own terms. She is a beautiful, talented, and inspiring woman who has left a lasting mark on the world.