Scott Porter is an American actor, singer, and voice actor. He is best known for his roles as Jason Street on the TV series Friday Night Lights, George Tucker on the TV series Hart of Dixie, and Rex Racer in the movie Speed Racer.
Scott Porter has also appeared in other shows and movies, such as The Good Wife, Scorpion, Prom Night, and Music and Lyrics. He has also voiced characters in various video games, such as X-Men: Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
Table of Contents
Quick Facts: Scott Porter
|Full Name||Matthew Scott Porter|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1979|
|Birth Place||Omaha, Nebraska, USA|
|Age||44 years old (as of October 2023)|
|Father’s Name||Rick Porter|
|Mother’s Name||Robin Porter|
|Siblings||Brendan Porter (brother)|
|Height||6 feet (183 cm)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lbs)|
|Wife||Kelsey Mayfield (since 2013)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
|Education||Lake Howell High School in Winter Park, Florida; University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida|
|Net Worth||$2 million as of 2023|
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
Biography | Scott Porter
Scott Porter was born in Nebraska, to a father who was a firefighter and a mother who was a nurse. He grew up in Florida, where he attended Lake Howell High School and the University of Central Florida. Scott started his career as a singer and performer, joining a cappella group called 4:2:Five and performing in various musicals and stage shows.
Scott Porter then moved to New York to pursue his acting career, landing his breakthrough role as Jason Street on Friday Night Lights in 2006. He has since starred in several other shows and movies, as well as voiced characters in various video games.
As of October 2023, Scott Porter was born on July 14, 1979, in Omaha, Nebraska. Scott is 44 years old. He will turn 43 in July 2022. He belongs to the zodiac sign of Cancer, known for being emotional, loyal, and protective.
Scott Porter has a height of 6 feet (183 cm). He has a muscular build and weighs around 80 kg (176 lbs). He has blue eyes and dark brown hair.
Scott Porter attended the Lake Howell High School in Winter Park, Florida, where he graduated in 1997. He then enrolled at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida, where he studied vocal performance and theater. He graduated from there in 2001.
Net Worth | Scott Porter
Scott Porter has a net worth of around $2 million as of 2023. He earns his income from his acting and voice acting career, as well as from his singing and performing projects.
Scott earned his wealth from his acting career in various television shows and movies, such as “Friday Night Lights”, “Hart of Dixie”, “Music and Lyrics”, and “Dear John”. Scott Porter is also known for his voice work in animated superhero series, such as “Ultimate Spider-Man”, “Avengers Assemble”, and “Harley Quinn”.
Background | Scott Porter
Scott Porter was born into a middle-class family, as his father was a firefighter and his mother was a nurse. His father is Rick Porter, who retired from the fire department after 30 years of service. His mother is Robin Porter, who worked as a pediatric nurse for over 20 years. Scott has a younger brother named Brendan Porter, who is also an actor and singer.
Scott Porter grew up in Florida, where he developed an interest in singing and performing at a young age. He joined a cappella group called 4:2:Five when he was 16 years old and performed with them at various venues and events.
He also participated in various musicals and stage shows, such as Footloose, A Chorus Line, Grease, etc. He attended the Lake Howell High School, where he was active in the drama club and the choir. Scott Porter then attended the University of Central Florida, where he studied vocal performance and theater. He also continued to perform with 4:2:Five and other musical groups.
Scott Porter made his debut on the small screen in 2004, when he appeared as himself on the reality show The Wade Robson Project. He then moved to New York to pursue his acting career, landing his first role as Matthew on the TV series As the World Turns in 2006.
Scott Porter then got his breakthrough role as Jason Street on the TV series Friday Night Lights later that year. The show was based on a book and a movie of the same name and followed the lives of a high school football team and their coach in Texas.
Scott Porter’s character is the star quarterback who suffers a spinal injury that leaves him paralyzed from the waist down. The show ran for five seasons from 2006 to 2011 and became a critical and cult hit among fans.
Personal Life | Scott Porter
Scott Porter is married to Kelsey Mayfield, who is a casting director and a former cheerleader. They met on the set of Friday Night Lights in 2008 and got engaged in 2012. They tied the knot in 2013 and have two children together: McCoy Lee (born in 2015) and Clover Ash (born in 2017). They live in Los Angeles with their family and pets. Scott is a Christian and a sports fan. He is also a gamer and a comic book lover.
Scott Porter has a very loving and supportive relationship with his parents. He often posts pictures and videos of them on his social media accounts, expressing his gratitude and admiration for them. He credits his parents for inspiring him to pursue his singing and acting career and for giving him a happy and stable upbringing. He also admires his father’s bravery and his mother’s kindness.
Scott Porter has a younger brother named Brendan Porter, who is also an actor and singer. He has appeared in shows and movies such as The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Walking Dead, etc. He has also performed with various musical groups, such as The Broadway Boys, The Doo Wop Project, etc. Scott and Brendan are very close and supportive of each other’s careers.
Scott Porter is married to Kelsey Mayfield, who is a casting director and a former cheerleader. She has worked on various shows and movies, such as Friday Night Lights, Parenthood, Scandal, etc. She met Scott on the set of Friday Night Lights in 2008, where she was a cheerleader for the rival team of Scott’s character. They started dating soon after and got engaged in 2012. They got married in 2013 and have two children together.
Scott Porter has two children with his wife Kelsey Mayfield: McCoy Lee Porter (born in 2015) and Clover Ash Porter (born in 2017). They are both adorable and talented kids, who have inherited their parents’ artistic genes. They often appear on Scott’s social media accounts, where he shows off their cute moments and achievements.
Scott Porter has not had any other relationship or ex-relationship apart from his wife Kelsey Mayfield, as far as the public knows. He has not been linked to anyone romantically before or after his marriage. He has not confirmed or denied any rumors about his love life, preferring to keep it private. He has said that he is very happy and loyal to his wife and that they have a strong and loving bond.
Scott Porter is currently busy with his various projects and hobbies. He is still active as an actor, singer, and voice actor, appearing in various shows and movies, such as Ginny & Georgia, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, Speed Racer: The Next Generation, etc.
He is also working on his music career, releasing songs such as I Will Be There For You, I’m Not Afraid of Anything, etc. Scott Porter is also an avid gamer and a comic book lover, who often streams his gameplay sessions on Twitch and YouTube. He is also a devoted father and husband, who spends quality time with his family and pets.
Social Media Preference | Scott Porter
Scott Porter is very active on social media, especially on Instagram and Twitter. He uses these platforms to connect with his fans, promote his work, and share his personal life. Scott often posts pictures and videos of himself, his family, his friends, his co-stars, his pets, his travels, his hobbies, and his interests.
Scott Porter also interacts with his fans by replying to their comments and messages, doing live sessions, and participating in challenges and trends. He has over 400K followers on Instagram and over 200K followers on Twitter.
Movies & TV Shows | Scott Porter
Scott Porter has appeared in several movies and TV shows throughout his career, both in live-action and animation. Some of his live-action roles are Jason Street on Friday Night Lights, George Tucker on Hart of Dixie, Rex Racer in Speed Racer, and Blake Calamar on The Good Wife. Some of his animated roles are Cyclops in X-Men: Destiny, Nightwing in Batman: Arkham Knight, and Peter Parker / Spider-Man in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales.
Scott Porter has starred in several movies, mostly in the genres of comedy, drama, and action. Some of his movies are:
- Speed Racer (2008): A live-action adaptation of the anime series of the same name, where he played Rex Racer, the older brother of the main character Speed Racer.
- Prom Night (2008): A horror movie about a group of teenagers who are stalked by a killer on their prom night, Scott Porter plays Bobby, one of the victims who tries to survive.
- Music and Lyrics (2007): A romantic comedy movie about a washed-up pop star (Hugh Grant) who hires a young lyricist (Drew Barrymore) to write a song for him, Scott Porter plays Colin Thompson, a famous pop star who wants to collaborate with Grant’s character.
- The To-Do List (2013): A comedy movie about a high school graduate (Aubrey Plaza) who makes a list of sexual activities to complete before college, Scott Porter plays Rusty Waters, a lifeguard who is Plaza’s character’s crush.
Scott Porter has appeared in several TV shows, mostly in the genres of drama, comedy, and sci-fi. Some of his shows are:
- Friday Night Lights (2006-2011): A drama series based on a book and a movie of the same name, about a high school football team and their coach in Texas, where Scott Porter played Jason Street, the star quarterback who suffers a spinal injury that leaves him paralyzed from the waist down.
- Hart of Dixie (2011-2015): A comedy-drama series about a New York doctor (Rachel Bilson) who moves to a small town in Alabama, where Scott Porter plays George Tucker, a lawyer, and Bilson’s character’s love interest.
- The Good Wife (2014-2016): A legal drama series about a lawyer (Julianna Margulies) who returns to work after her husband’s scandal, he played Blake Calamar, a private investigator who works for Margulies’ character’s rival firm.
- Scorpion (2017): A sci-fi drama series about a team of geniuses who work for the government to solve various problems, Scott Porter played Tim Armstrong, a former Navy SEAL who joins the team.
5 Most Interesting Facts About Scott Porter
Here are five most interesting facts about Scott Porter:
- Scott Porter is a Christian and a sports fan. He supports various teams, such as the Nebraska Cornhuskers, the Orlando Magic, the Orlando City SC, etc.
- He is a gamer and a comic book lover. He often streams his gameplay sessions on Twitch and YouTube. He also collects various comic books and memorabilia. He has said that his favorite superhero is Spider-Man.
- Scott Porter is a singer and a performer. He was part of an a cappella group called 4:2:Five and performed in various musicals and stage shows. He has also released songs such as I Will Be There For You, I’m Not Afraid of Anything, etc.
- He is an advocate and a supporter of various causes, such as spinal cord injury research, multiple sclerosis awareness, mental health awareness, etc. He has participated in several campaigns and events to raise funds and awareness for these issues. He is a devoted father and husband.
- Scott Porter often posts pictures and videos of his family and pets on his social media accounts. He has said that his wife and children are his greatest blessings.
Awards and Achievements
Scott Porter has won several awards and nominations for his acting career. Some of them are:
- Teen Choice Awards: Scott Porter won two Teen Choice Awards for his role as Jason Street on Friday Night Lights, in the categories of Choice TV Actor: Drama (2007) and Choice TV: Breakout Star Male (2007).
- Gold Derby Awards: He was nominated for two Gold Derby Awards for his role as Jason Street on Friday Night Lights, in the categories of Drama Supporting Actor (2007) and Ensemble of the Year (2007).
- IGN Summer Movie Awards: Scott Porter was nominated for the IGN Summer Movie Award for his role as Rex Racer in Speed Racer, in the category of Best Movie Hero (2008).
Impact and Legacy | Scott Porter
Scott Porter has made a significant impact and legacy in the entertainment industry, especially among the young audience. Some of his contributions are:
- Scott Porter has portrayed a complex and nuanced character on Friday Night Lights, who has gone through various challenges and transformations, such as being a star athlete, a paraplegic, a father, and a coach. He has shown his versatility and range as an actor, as well as his chemistry with his co-stars.
- He has inspired many fans with his singing and performing talents. He has showcased his musical skills and passion through his songs, musicals, and stage shows. He has also collaborated with other artists, such as Hugh Grant, Drew Barrymore, Rachel Bilson, etc.
- Scott Porter has used his fame and influence to support various causes and charities, such as spinal cord injury research, multiple sclerosis awareness, mental health awareness, etc. He has participated in several campaigns and events to raise funds and awareness for these issues.
Scott Porter has not been involved in any major legal issues or controversies in his career. He has maintained a clean and positive image in the public eye. However, he has faced some minor criticisms and rumors, such as:
- Scott Porter was accused of being homophobic and insensitive by some fans, who claimed that he made a joke about gay marriage on Twitter in 2012. However, he apologized and said that he was not homophobic and that he supported gay rights.
- He was rumored to have had an affair with Rachel Bilson, his co-star on Hart of Dixie, in 2013. However, he denied the allegations and said that he was happily married to his wife and that they were just friends.
- Scott Porter was criticized for his political views and opinions, which are often conservative and Republican. Some fans accused him of being biased and ignorant, while others praised him for being vocal and honest.
Frequently Asked Questions | Scott Porter
What is the Age of Scott Porter?
As of October 2023, Scott Porter is 44 years old.
What Height is Scott Porter?
Scott has a height of 6 feet (183 cm).
What is Scott Porter’s Net Worth?
Scott Porter has a net worth of around $2 million as of 2023.
Is Scott Porter married or dating anyone?
He has been married to Kelsey Mayfield since 2013.
What is Scott Porter’s zodiac sign?
His zodiac sign is Cancer.
Scott Porter is a talented and versatile actor, singer, and voice actor, who has gained fame and recognition for his roles as Jason Street on Friday Night Lights, George Tucker on Hart of Dixie, and Rex Racer in Speed Racer. He has also appeared in other shows and movies, such as The Good Wife, Scorpion, Prom Night, and Music and Lyrics.
Scott Porter has also voiced characters in various video games, such as X-Men: Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Scott has showcased his singing and performing skills through his musical projects, such as 4:2:Five and The Broadway Boys. He has also been a devoted father and husband, who spends quality time with his family and pets.