Liam Cunningham is an Irish actor who is best known for his role as Davos Seaworth in the HBO series Game of Thrones. He has also appeared in many films and TV shows, such as Clash of the Titans, Hunger, The Wind That Shakes the Barley, and Electric Dreams.
Liam Cunningham is an award-winning actor who has won two Irish Film & Television Awards and has been nominated for several other awards. He is also a passionate political activist who supports various humanitarian causes.
Table of Contents
Quick Facts| Liam Cunningham
|Full Name||Liam Cunningham|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1961|
|Birth Place||East Wall, Dublin, Ireland|
|Age||62 years old (as of 2023)|
|Father’s Name||Michael Cunningham|
|Mother’s Name||Kathleen Cunningham|
|Siblings||Four sisters and one brother|
|Height||6 feet and 0.75 inches (185 cm)|
|Weight||176 lbs (80 kg)|
|Children||Ellen, Liam Jr., and Sean|
|Education||St Davids School in Artane, Dublin (dropped out at 15)|
|Body Type||Fit and muscular|
|Net Worth||$6 million (as of 2023)|
|Social Media Presence||Twitter, Instagram|
Biography | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham was born in East Wall, Dublin, Ireland. He left school at 15 and worked as an electrician for several years. He then decided to pursue his interest in acting and joined a local drama group. He made his film debut in Into the West (1992) and his TV debut in Lovejoy (1993).
Liam Cunningham is currently 62 years old as of 2023. He was born on June 2, 1961, which makes him a Gemini by zodiac sign. He celebrates his birthday every year with his family and friends.
Liam Cunningham has a height of 6 feet and 0.75 inches (185 cm) and a weight of 176 lbs (80 kg). He has a fit and muscular build, with grey hair and blue eyes. He maintains his physique by working out regularly and following a healthy diet.
Liam Cunningham did not receive much formal education as he left school at 15. He learned his trade as an electrician through apprenticeship and experience. He later joined a local drama group where he learned the basics of acting. He also attended some acting workshops and courses to improve his skills.
Net Worth | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham has an estimated net worth of $6 million as of 2023. He earns his income from his acting career, as well as from his endorsements and appearances. He has appeared in several movies and TV shows, such as The Guard, The Numbers Station, The Childhood of a Leader, and The Hot Zone. Liam Cunningham is most famous for his role in Game of Thrones, where he reportedly earned $300,000 per episode.
Background | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham comes from a working-class family of Irish descent. His father was a meat worker and his mother was a homemaker. He grew up in Kilmore West with his four sisters and one brother. He had a tough childhood as he faced poverty and violence in his neighborhood. He developed a strong sense of justice and compassion from an early age.
Liam Cunningham was born and raised in East Wall, Dublin, Ireland. He attended St Davids School in Artane, but he dropped out at 15 to work as an electrician. He moved to Zimbabwe for three years where he worked on a safari park and trained local electricians. He returned to Ireland in the late 1980s and became interested in acting. He joined a local drama group called The Passion Machine and performed in several plays.
Liam Cunningham’s career began when he made his film debut in Into the West (1992), where he played a policeman. He then appeared in several TV shows, such as Lovejoy, Cracker (1994), A Little Princess (1995), Jude (1996), Falling for a Dancer, and RKO 281. He gained recognition for his role in The Wind That Shakes the Barley (2006), where he played Dan, a leader of the Irish Republican Army.
Personal Life | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham is married to Colette Cunningham, whom he met when he was 22 years old. They have three children together: Ellen, Liam Jr., and Sean. They live in Dublin, Ireland. Cunningham is a devout Catholic who attends Mass every week. He is also a political activist who supports various humanitarian causes, such as Amnesty International, World Vision, Concern Worldwide, and GOAL.
Liam Cunningham’s parents are Kathleen and Michael Cunningham. He loves and respects them for their hard work and sacrifice. He credits them for instilling in him the values of honesty, integrity, and dignity. He also appreciates their support and encouragement for his acting career.
Liam Cunningham has five siblings: four sisters and one brother. Their names are Frances, Patricia, Ann, Catherine, and John. He is close to his siblings and often spends time with them. He considers them as his best friends and confidants.
Liam Cunningham’s wife is Colette Cunningham, whom he married in 1989. She is a former nurse who now works as a homemaker. She is supportive and loving of her husband and children. She shares his passion for politics and humanitarianism. She is also his biggest fan and critic.
Liam Cunningham has three children: Ellen, Liam Jr., and Sean. Ellen is the eldest daughter who works as a teacher. Liam Jr. is the middle son who works as an electrician. Sean is the youngest son who works as a musician. They are all proud of their father and admire his achievements.
Liam Cunningham has not been in any other relationship besides his wife Colette. He has been faithful and loyal to her for over 30 years. He has not been involved in any affairs or scandals that could jeopardize his marriage. He has stated that he is happily married and loves his wife very much.
Liam Cunningham is currently living in Dublin, Ireland with his wife and children. He is working on various projects in both film and television, as well as supporting various causes. He is most famous for his role as Davos Seaworth in Game of Thrones, which ended in 2019 after eight seasons.
Liam Cunningham is also known for his roles in Electric Dreams, The Hot Zone, The Vault, and Masters of the Universe: Revelation. He is enjoying his life as a successful actor and activist, and looking forward to new opportunities and challenges.
Social Media Preference | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham prefers to use social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram to communicate with his fans and followers. He posts engaging content, such as behind-the-scenes photos, videos, interviews, opinions, jokes, and updates. He also interacts with his fans by replying to their comments and messages and hosting live sessions. He has over 1 million followers on Twitter and over 800,000 followers on Instagram.
Movies & TV Shows | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham’s notable film credits include “Clash of the Titans”, “Hunger”, “The Guard”, “The Numbers Station”, “The Childhood of a Leader”, and “The Vault”. In television, he’s recognized for his roles in “Game of Thrones”, “Electric Dreams”, “The Hot Zone”, “Masters of the Universe: Revelation”, and “Domina”.
Some of the movies that Liam Cunningham has appeared in are:
- Into the West (1992): A fantasy adventure film directed by Mike Newell. Liam Cunningham played a policeman.
- A Little Princess (1995): A family drama film directed by Alfonso Cuarón. Liam played Captain Crewe / Prince Rama.
- Jude (1996): A romantic drama film directed by Michael Winterbottom. Liam played Mr Phillotson.
- Dog Soldiers (2002): A horror film directed by Neil Marshall. Liam played Captain Ryan.
- The Wind That Shakes the Barley (2006): A historical drama film directed by Ken Loach. Liam Cunningham played Dan.
- Hunger (2008): A biographical drama film directed by Steve McQueen. Liam played Father Dominic Moran.
- Clash of the Titans (2010): A fantasy action film directed by Louis Leterrier. Liam played Solon.
- The Guard (2011): A black comedy film directed by John Michael McDonagh. Liam played Francis Sheehy-Skeffington.
- The Numbers Station (2013): A thriller film directed by Kasper Barfoed. Liam Cunningham played Grey.
- The Childhood of a Leader (2015): A historical mystery film directed by Brady Corbet. Liam played The Father.
- The Vault (2021): A heist film directed by Jaume Balagueró. Liam played Walter.
Some of the shows that Liam Cunningham has appeared in are:
- Game of Thrones (2012-2019): A fantasy drama series created by David Benioff and D. B. Weiss. Liam Cunningham played Davos Seaworth, a former smuggler and advisor to Stannis Baratheon and Jon Snow.
- Electric Dreams (2017): A science fiction anthology series based on the stories of Philip K. Dick. Liam played General Olin in the episode “Human Is”.
- The Hot Zone (2019): A drama miniseries based on the book by Richard Preston. Liam Cunningham played Wade Carter, a former army doctor who investigates an Ebola outbreak.
- Masters of the Universe: Revelation (2021): An animated fantasy series created by Kevin Smith. Liam voiced Man-At-Arms Duncan, a loyal warrior and mentor to He-Man.
- Domina (2021): A historical drama series created by Simon Burke. Liam Cunningham played Livius, a Roman politician and general.
GOT Star | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham’s portrayal of Davos Seaworth in “Game of Thrones” spanned seven seasons, earning widespread acclaim and a place as a fan favorite. As the trusted advisor to Stannis Baratheon and later Jon Snow, Davos, nicknamed “the Onion Knight,” stood out as a principled and brave warrior.
His performance, marked by charisma and wisdom, delivered iconic moments, including impassioned speeches, touching friendships, and confrontations that resonated deeply with audiences. Liam Cunningham’s chemistry with co-stars and his ability to seamlessly transition between genres showcased his versatility and dedication, contributing significantly to the show’s immense success and leaving an indelible mark on both fans and critics.
5 Most Interesting Facts About Liam Cunningham
Some of the most interesting facts about Liam Cunningham are:
- Liam Cunningham was an electrician for several years before becoming an actor. He worked in Zimbabwe for three years, where he trained local electricians and witnessed the country’s civil war.
- He is a political activist who supports various humanitarian causes, such as Amnesty International, World Vision, Concern Worldwide, and GOAL. He also visited Syria and met with refugees and aid workers.
- Liam Cunningham is a fan of science fiction and fantasy and has appeared in several shows and movies based on the works of Philip K. Dick, George R. R. Martin, and Neil Gaiman.
- He is a devout Catholic who attends Mass every week. He also has a tattoo of a Celtic cross on his arm.
- Liam is a dog lover who owns two dogs named Jack and Sheeba. He often posts pictures and videos with his dogs on his social media accounts.
Awards and Achievements
Liam Cunningham has won and been nominated for several awards and achievements for his acting career. Some of them are:
- Liam Cunningham won the Irish Film & Television Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role in Television for Hunger in 2009.
- He won the Irish Film & Television Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in Television for Game of Thrones in 2013.
- Liam Cunningham was nominated for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for Game of Thrones in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- He was nominated for the Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actor on Television for Game of Thrones in 2016 and 2017.
- Liam was nominated for the Gold Derby TV Award for Drama Supporting Actor for Game of Thrones in 2016.
Impact and Legacy | Liam Cunningham
Liam Cunningham has made a significant impact and legacy in the entertainment industry, especially as a Game of Thrones star. He has inspired and influenced many actors and fans who admire his talent and charisma. He has also contributed to the popularity and success of HBO, which is one of the leading networks for drama and fantasy.
He has established himself as a versatile and acclaimed actor, who can play both heroes and villains, as well as comedy and drama. Liam Cunningham has also shown his passion and dedication as an artist, who immersed himself in the role and the world of Game of Thrones. He is one of the reasons why Game of Thrones is one of the most successful and beloved shows of all time.
Liam Cunningham has not been involved in any major legal issues or controversy in his career. He has maintained a clean and positive image and avoided any scandals or controversies that could tarnish his reputation. He has also been respectful and courteous to his fans, co-stars, and colleagues, and avoided any conflicts or disputes with them. He has been praised for his good behavior and ethics and commended for his role model status.
Frequently Asked Questions | Liam Cunningham
What is the Age of Liam Cunningham?
Liam Cunningham is currently 62 years old as of 2023.
What Height is Liam Cunningham?
Liam has a height of 6 feet and 0.75 inches (185 cm).
What is Liam Cunningham’s Net Worth?
Liam Cunningham has an estimated net worth of $6 million as of 2023.
What is Liam Cunningham’s marital status?
Liam is married to Colette Cunningham, whom he met when he was 22 years old.
What is Liam Cunningham’s most famous role?
Liam Cunningham is best known for his role as Davos Seaworth in the HBO series Game of Thrones.
How many children does Liam Cunningham have?
Liam has three children: Ellen, Liam Jr., and Sean.
Liam Cunningham, renowned for portraying Davos Seaworth in “Game of Thrones,” is an esteemed Irish actor with a diverse repertoire spanning films like “Clash of the Titans,” “Hunger,” and TV series like “The Hot Zone” and “Domina.” Beginning as an electrician, he later pursued acting, marking his debut in “Into the West” and “Lovejoy.”
Liam Cunningham’s commitment to both his craft and humanitarian causes earned him two Irish Film & Television Awards and multiple nominations. Cunningham’s devotion to acting led him from humble beginnings to stardom.
Family-oriented, he’s married to Colette, with whom he shares three children, and resides in Dublin with his two beloved dogs. At 62, he remains active in the entertainment industry while passionately advocating for various charitable endeavors, solidifying his legacy as an iconic and versatile actor.