Lee Jung Jae is a South Korean entertainer and model born on December 15, 1972. He has done modeling for various big brands.
Likewise, he is a model and started his acting career in the college series “Feelings” and in drama series called “Sandglass.”
Similarly, he won the Best Actor award for City of the Rising Sun and many other awards and achievements.
Lee was very hard-working, and he was from a good business family, but later due to loss in business, Lee had to work in a cafe to take care of his expenses.
In 2021, Lee got worldwide recognition for his role of Seong Gi-Hun in Netflix’s endurance dramatization Squid Game.
Lee Jung Jae is a famous actor and has a huge fan base in South Korea, and after the series Squid Game, his fame touched the next level.
Similarly, Lee is a versatile actor, and he has done movies in different genres like drama, romantic, melodrama, and profound.
Lee has a chance to act in one of the films where Keanu Reeves has done a cameo role, and Lee said that he idolizes Keanu.
This article will read about Lee Jung Jae’s facts related to his life and acting journey.
Quick Facts | Lee Jung Jae
|Full Name||Lee Jung Jae|
|Birth Date||December 15, 1972|
|Birth Place||Seoul, South Korea|
|Current Residence||South Korea|
|Father’s Name||Lee Chul-Seong|
|Mother’s Name||Not Known|
|Movies||Deliver Us From Evil, The Housemaid, New World, etc.|
|Television||Delayed Justice, Triple, Squid Game, etc.|
|Achievements||Baeksang Arts Award|
|Profession||Actor, Television Personality|
|Marital Status||In a Relationship|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Favorite Food||Noodles, Sea Food|
Lee Jung is one of the handsome South Korean Actor and once the media said that he has more girls fans followers than boys.
Likewise, Jung has a touch to die for physics, and he stands at 1.80 m tall, and he weighs around 159 lbs.
Lee Jae is one of the top paid actors after the Squid Game series in South Korea; likewise, he has black hair and deep dark eyes.
He was born on December 15, so his zodiac is Sagittarius, and in 2021, he is now 49 years old; he is a fitness lover and hits the gym 5 days a week to maintain his body.
On December 15, 1972, Lee was born in Seoul, South Korea, and he studied at the Hyundai Senior High School.
His father’s name is Lee Chul-Seong, and detail about his mother is not available on the internet.
In August 2008, Lee was granted his graduate degree from Dongguk University’s Theater and Film Art Department in the Graduate School of Cultural Arts.
Likewise, Jung made his initial introduction to the theater in December of that year, taking on the nominal job in Hamlet in Water. The play ran for four days at Lee Hae-rang Theater.
Aside from his acting, Lee is known for dispatching a chain of upscale Italian restaurants in Seoul named after his film Il Mare.
Having graduated in interior designing, he took the responsibility to design his restaurants himself.
Lee additionally established the land improvement organization Seorim C&D in 2008 and possessed a few organizations with entertainer Jung Woo-sung, a dear companion whom he worked with on City of the Rising Sun.
In May 2016, Lee and Jung opened an organization called the ‘Artist Company’ for entertainment purposes.
Who Is Lee Jung Jae Dating?
For the individuals who are contemplating whether Lee’s single sorry, Jung Jae is particularly taken.
In 2015, he opened up to the world about his relationship with money manager Lim Se Ryung, the oldest little girl of the Korean food goliath Daesang Group executive.
Lim Ryung was previously married to tycoon Lee Jae Yong, the vice chairman of Samsung. They divorced in 2009, and they have two children together.
Likewise, Lee Jung Jae dated a famous actress Kim Min-Hee for three years before separating in 2006.
Journey to Success
- Designer Ha Yong-soo founded Lee while he was working at a cafe in Apgujeong, then, at that point, functioned as a design model for different years.
- After making his acting presentation with the 1993 TV dramatization Dinosaur Teacher, Lee turned into a star basically for the time being and was quite often projected in the lead role from that point.
- After a year, he got great surveys for his first big-screen job in Bae Chang-ho’s The Young Man; however, the 1994 hit grounds dramatization Feelings made him an easily noticeable name.
- In 1995, what should be a bit supporting job as the heroine’s silent, dedicated bodyguard in rating behemoth Sandglass transformed Lee into a national heart breaker, to such an extent that directors expanded his screen time all through the series’.
- Lee’s acting development would come in 1998 in the award-winning film, An Affair by E J-Yong. Lee got another achievement in which he won Best Actor at the Blue Dragon Film and the Korean Association of Film Critics Awards for City of the Rising Sun.
- Lee circled back to drama the Last Witness close by Lee Young-ae and activity secret The Last Witness coordinated by Bae Chang-ho; the two of which were impressive triumphs.
- In 2003, Lee and Lee Beom-soo acted in the movie Oh! Brothers, this was a comedy movie among brothers. One of the brothers has a strange illness; similarly, the film was probably Lee’s most significant hit ever, beating 3,000,000 affirmations in the film sector.
Turning Point in Career
- After doing the movie, Housemaid Jung’s career graph went high, which screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Lee got the Best Actor honor at the Fantasporto Director’s Week, and as his next project, he joined the ritzy group cast of The Thieves. This 2012 heist film turned into the subsequent unequaled most elevated earning film in Korean film history.
- A long-term art collecting authority and privileged ambassador for the National Museum of Contemporary Art in 2011–2012, Lee likewise portrayed the 2013 TV narrative, Contemporary Art, Bury the Boundary.
- Likewise, Lee was stated Actor of the Year at the third Marie Claire Asia Star Awards, and Lee won a Best Actor award at the 24th Buil Film Awards.
- Lee then, at that point, featured in his first Chinese film, the crime drama Tik Tok. After that, he got back to the Korean screen with the movie’s hit, Operation Chromite, playing a South Korean lieutenant in the naval force, the man liable for switching the tide of the Korean War.
- Lee’s movies in 2017 incorporate the historic epic Warriors of the Dawn and the dream blockbuster Along With the Gods.
- In September 2021, Lee featured as the fundamental lead of Netflix’s hit survival thriller game Squid Game.
- Simply this year, it has been uncovered that Lee and the famous survival game got assigned in the 2021 Gotham Independent Film Awards. Lee is selected for the Outstanding Performance in a New Series class.
- After Squid Game, Lee’s stardom skyrocketed, and he to the full potential of his acting benefits as he is getting more extensive projects.
Lee Jung Jae | Film and Television Work
Jae is a very talented actor and has many fans across the world, and some of his best movies and television series are here; you can have a watch and enjoy your time.
- Fire Bird
- Father vs. Son
- An Affair
- City of The Rising Sun
- The Last Witness
- MOB 2005
- The Face Reader
- Warriors of the Dawn
Likewise, some of the best television series is here
- Squid Game
- Dinosaur Teacher
- Love is Blue
- White Nights
- Air City
- Chief of Staff
- Drama World2
Awards and Achievements | Lee Jung Jae
Lee has done many remarkable Works in acting, and he has got many awards and got nominated in many categories; here are some of Lee Jung’s achievements.
- KBS Drama Awards
- SBS Drama Awards
- 31st Baeksang Arts Awards
- 16th Blue Dragon Films Awards
- 35th Baeksang Arts Awards
- Verona Love Screen Films Festival
- 9th Max Movie Awards
- 2nd Elle Style Awards
- Gotham Awards
- 5th Asia Artist Award
- 41st Blue Dragon Film Award
Social Media | Lee Jung Jae
Lee is one of the people’s most loved actors, and he has a huge fan base on social media and is pretty active on social media.
Likewise, Lee keeps on posting pictures and sharing travel stories on his Instagram handle. You can follow the actor on:
Instagram– 4.4m followers
Net Worth | Lee Jung Jae,
Lee has had a good career graph for a very long time, and his movies collect good money in the box offices; and as one of the top actors, he has done many brand endorsements also.
Similarly, Lee has achieved a perfect height of name and fame in the glamour world, and he has earned a good amount of fortune in his career, estimated at around $3 million.
Jung Jae is living a lavish life with his girlfriend in South Korea, and he has made some wise investments also in the real estate market, from where he is making a decent amount of money.
FAQ | Lee Jung Jae
What is Lee Jung Jae doing now?
Lee is a famous and busy actor from his mid-career days. After the success of Squid Game and people loving his character, Lee has many movies in his hand right now, and he is preparing for one of those projects.