Josh McDermitt is a celebrated American actor and a stand-up comedian. His career in the entertainment industry was quite fortuitous. The actor made anonymous calls to Tim & Willy, a local radio show in Phoenix when he was studying Criminal Justice.
That one call made him realize his true hidden talent and now he is famous more than ever. Soon he started working as a producer for the local radio show and stepped into the world of entertainment. Besides acting and comedy, he is also a hot air balloon pilot.
Josh has made numerous appearances in movies as well as television. He is widely known for his roles in the American Post-Apocalyptic Horror Tv Series ‘The Walking Dead’. Even more, he made his name for being one of the contestants on the American reality television competition show ‘Last Comic Standing.’
In-depth, let’s look into McDermitt’s age, net worth, dating life, lifestyle, and personality. Before that let’s take a glance at some quick facts;
Some Quick Facts
|Birth Name||Joshua Matthew Michael McDermitt|
|Age||43 years old|
|Birth Place||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Date of Birth||June 4th, 1978|
|Mother’s Name||Judith McDermitt|
|Father’s name||Michael McDermitt|
|Weight||85 kg (187.39 lbs.)|
|Race/Ethnicity||Puerto Rican, Portuguese and Dutch|
|Body Measurement||Updating Soon|
|Shoe Size||15 US (48 EU)|
|College/University||Greenway High School, Grand Canyon University|
|Profession||Actor, Comedian, Voiceover Artist, Producer|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
Josh McDermitt Parents and Education
Josh McDermitt was born to Judith McDermitt and Michael McDermitt. The actor grew up in Phoenix, the capital city of the beautiful Arizona state in the USA. He later moved to Los Angeles. His father is Portuguese, while his mother is Dutch.
This man is very private in terms of his family’s exposure in the media. But, according to different sources, he has five siblings. In one of his media appearances, he also stated that he channeled one of his siblings – brother Zack in The Walking Dead to play Eugene Porter.
McDermitt attended Greenway high school and completed his graduation from Grand Canyon University.
What is Josh McDermitt’s Ethnicity?
McDermitt is Multi-Ethnic (Portuguese and Dutch). He follows the Christianity religion, so do his parents. In one of his interviews, he said,
“My dad was adopted. He is Puerto Rican. So McDermitt is an adopted name, but I have Dutch ancestry from my mom’s side, so I look like her. But what’s funny is that in Phoenix, where I am from, my dad grew up in a barrio and is very entrenched in the Mexican culture even though he has Portuguese heritage. He considers himself Mexican”.
Josh McDermitt Age, Height, and Body Measurement
Josh McDermitt, the versatile entertainer, was born on June 4th, 1978, and is 43 years of age in 2021. Even though he is in his early 40s, he still has an erratic enthusiasm towards his work and passion. Josh was born under the sun sign of Gemini.
As per this sign, McDermit is a bit lazy but when it comes to working on his choice, he tends to be very energetic. That might be the reason why he has been receiving a lot of projects lately.
McDermitt is an entertainment personality who stands at a towering height of 6 feet tall (1.83 m). considering his appearance and necessary factor Josh weighs about 85 kg in general.
Due to his heavyweight, this man was often criticized by the people around him whether it be his family, friends, or fans. therefore he decided to lose a significant amount of his weight.
Despite the fact that his weight loss journey was tough Josh made his mind and kept striving to do better. Finally, he lost weight and fans were stunned to see his new look.
Although his journey to weight loss is imaginable, McDermitt has not revealed his secret mantra to garner that look. However, it is apparent that his dedication and hard work has paid off and motivated his fan to choose a healthy lifestyle.
The distinct feature of this handsome is his beard and cheeky smile. As a matter of fact, he is blessed to have blue eyes and short dark brown hair.
Josh McDermitt Wife and Children
There is no denying that the comedian is a handsome man and captivates a lot of attention equally from the fans and his co-star. Although he has good looks and a spectacular sense of humor, none of the girls or women ha been able to grab his eyes.
That might be the main reason why Josh is never linked or rumored to be seeing or dating hot actresses and models in the entertainment industry. Josh McDermitt has never gone public about his relationship. Therefore, it is not known if he’s married, single, or divorced.
However, this actor is so famous that we believe if anything was cooking up in his life. He has also never been linked to anybody in the entertainment industry though there was a rumor that he might be gay for a while. Josh denied the speculations of him being gay in his interviews.
Josh McDermitt Net Worth
This handsome man has worked on numerous projects but earned the most of his assets from The Walking Dead. He has a total net worth of $4 million as of 2021 records. He also earns money from stand-up comedy.
Josh also owns stock in the Green Bay Packers. It is apparent that his investment outside of his work helps him to make more money.
Social Media Profiles
Josh McDermitt quit social media in 2017 in the wake of threats from the fans of the show The Walking Dead. Surprisingly the fans could not comprehend his character Eugene siding with the evil Negan.
In an interview, McDermitt termed social media as a ‘dark and negative’ place. He further said,
“I am not going to get into that too much. I just know that the internet is just kind of a dark and negative place, which breeds that mentality and those sorts of thoughts. It’s just unfortunate.”
Josh McDermitt Professional Career
- Josh started his acting career by working on a local radio show in Phoenix at a young age. He called anonymously to the local radio shows using different voices, which was the first step he took unknowingly towards the career.
- Soon he worked for them as a producer in the same show and also in KNIX and KMLE radio commercial radio stations.
- In 2006, he participated in the talent competition show on NBC named, Last Comic Standing. He went on to be a semi-finalist in the show.
- In 2009, he took up the role of Larry in the TV motion picture Rehab for Rejects.
- In 2010, he featured in Iron Man 2 Table Read in the role of Jon Favreau.
- McDermitt featured in the sitcom Retired at 35, though the show was shut down after two seasons broadcasted from 2011 to 2012. He played the role of Brandon in the show.
- In October 2014, he was offered the role of Eugene Porter in the horror show The Walking Dead comic book. The show is still running strong and has seven seasons. McDermitt was first featured in the fourth season.
- In 2014, he also appeared in the show Mad Men as George Payton. After a year he was cast in the American Drama film Life in color.
- A year later, in 2016, He featured in the American Cooking Competition show Hell’s Kitchen and Middle Man, an American Black Comedy Film.
- In 2017, he joined the cast of American drama Twin Peaks: Season 3 as Casino Patron. In The Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special, he also joined the cast: Look who is walking as Eugene Porter (voice).
- A couple of years later in 2019, he appeared in the American sitcom television series The Kids are Alright as Mr. Crane.
- Recently, he appeared in “Creepshow,” an American horror anthology streaming television series that continues the 1982 film of the same name. He appeared in the show as Harlan King in the episode ‘Pesticide.’
Some Interesting Facts about Josh McDermitt
- Josh has Multi-ethnic background.
- He is a hot air balloon pilot.
- Previously he used to work in a radio show.
- Due to several controversies, Josh left social media.
- He owns stock in The Green Bay Packers.
Some Frequently asked questions about McDermitt
- What ethnicity is McDermitt?
He is Multi-ethnic. His father is of Portuguese ethnicity, and his mother is of Dutch ethnicity.
- Is McDermitt Gay?
Due to his private life being out of the media’s eyes, many speculated he is gay, but he has denied it.
- Is McDermitt a comedian?
Apart from acting, McDermitt has successfully worked as a stand-up comedian.