“Squid Game” is warming up globally, and Heo Sung Tae is the most powerful character in the series. Jan Deok Soo, the player no 101, played by Sung, is the character that has left people stoned.
Similarly, Heo Sung has acted effectively in over 60+ motion pictures and TV series for about ten years. He is a South Korean actor and television personality and is very popular in South Korea.
Similarly, Heo Sung has played the villain’s character in the series, but he is a sweet and joyful person in his real life. Let’s move forward in the article to learn about his acting journey and experience in the Squid Game series.
Table of Contents
Some Quick Facts
|Full Name||Heo Sung Tae|
|Birth Date||October 20, 1977|
|Birth Place||Busan, South Korea|
|Current Residence||South Korea|
|University||Pusan National University|
|Father’s Name||Not Known|
|Mother’s Name||Hye-Kyung Lee|
|Height||182cm, 5 feet 11 inches|
|Weight||75 kg, 166lbs|
|Shoe Size||11 US|
|Television||Man on High Heels, Squid Game, etc|
|Movies||The Outlaws, Black Money, etc|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Relationship Status||In a Relationship|
|Active Year (Acting)||2011-Present|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Last Updated||June 2022|
Heo Sung Tae Age and Height
Heo Sung-Tae is tall, good-looking, and has maintained his body structure; similarly, as an actor, he has been a fitness freak and has maintained his body structure.
Besides, he has black hair and dark brown eyes, and Heo Sung stands at 182 cm and weighs around 166lbs.
Sung Tae has fair skin, and as of 2022, he is 45 years old and belongs to the Asian ethnicity, and he knows the Russian language.
Early Life, Childhood, and Education
Heo Sung was born in Busan, South Korea; his mother’s name is Hyekyung Lee, and his sister’s name is Heo Seong-Ah. He went to Pusan National University to discuss his education, where he concentrated on the Russian language and culture.
Before Heo took a hand at acting, he worked at LG Electronics’ abroad business advertising group; likewise, his work was to sell TV in the neighborhood market.
Heo once went to the theatrical presentation Happy Together, where he uncovered that he installed the LG LCD Tvs in hotels in Moscow and was named King of TV deals in Russia.
At that point, he began working in the arranging and coordination office in Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Co., one of South Korea’s most prominent shipbuilding organizations.
Similarly, Heo was 35 years old when he appeared as an actor through an SBS audition.
Who Is Heo Sung Tae Dating?
Heo Sung Tae has been exceptionally private concerning his own life. Also, he has not uncovered much regarding his initial life, just his own life.
Be that as it may, some sources have referenced he is hitched, and a few have referenced he is single. In any case, his special relationship status is yet to be known.
Without a doubt, he has been zeroing in on his expert life and needs individuals to know him through it. But, likewise, there are no insights concerning Heo’s relationship status, exes, and snare-ups.
Moreover, he additionally has been keeping a serene climate around him. As a result, Heo Sung-Tae has not yet been essential for tales and debates. However, fans worldwide have been dazzled by him because of his acting ability.
- First and foremost, Heo Sung-Tae is an individual from the office of Hanahreum Company. Afterward, he joined the repetitive cast of the series Tunnel in March 2017.
- In the series, he played serial killer Jung Ho-youthful. Furthermore, entertainer Ham Sung-min played Ho-youthful as a young fellow.
- Also, he joined the familiar cast of the series Witch’s Court in October. He depicted Baek Sang-ho, a top-notch secretary of the “Brother Law” law office.
- Heo Sung joined the repetitive cast of the series Cross where he played Kim Hyung-beom in January 2018.
- He played a hazardous man who is spending time in jail for killing the dad of specialist Kang In-Gyu ( Go Kyung-Pyo ).
- Also, they joined the Watcher series’ familiar cast in July 2019. Like this, he played Jang Hae-Ryong, the top of the police examination office. Likewise, played the previous partner of Detective Do Chi-Kwang ( Han Suk-kyu ).
- In November, he appended the repetitive cast of the Psychopath Diary series. In the series, he extended Jang Chil-sung, a resigned hoodlum who lives in Unit 708.
- Furthermore, who erroneously accepts that York Dong-Sik ( Yoon Shi-Yoon ) is a serial killer.
- On November 7, Heo Sung was given a role in The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful cast. Additionally, in the film, he played a man known as “Busan Weed,” the mentor of Gwi-soo ( Kwon Sang-charm ). The person acknowledges after he lost his family.
Best Career Time
- In this manner, the film is a side project of The Divine Move. Similarly, in February 2021, he was essential for the familiar cast of the series Freak (otherwise called “Monster”).
- Additionally, he gave life to Lee Chang-jin, the CEO of “JL Constructions,” a cold-blooded man who focused on his advantages and objectives over On top of everything.
- Similarly, he joined as the main character of the Squid Game series (otherwise called “Round Six”) on September 17. Around the same time, he joined the cast of the series The Silent Sea (otherwise called “The Sea of Silence”).
- Likewise, Heo Sung played the job of Kim Jae-Seon. The person was a part head having a place with the space organization in “The Silent Sea. “
Heo Sung Tae Weight Loss And Gain For The Character Of Squid Game
Squid Game’s quick ascent to progress has drawn out some amazing in the background stories. One such story is Heo, who plays the criminal Deok Su, and his weight gain.
Tae plays the role of a villain Deok Su, whose character was very much admired by his fan all over the globe.
However, while the entertainer’s abilities were apparent in his insightful depiction of the gangster Deok Su, the thing that occurred in the background is significantly more exciting and exciting.
In a meeting, the entertainer uncovered that he had lost a considerable weight of 73 kgs during the COVID-19 quarantine. Due to Coronavirus Pandemic, Heo had to delay the assignments he had arranged.
As a result, he lost weight while enjoying some time off for five months. However, at that point, I was reached by the creative group of Squid Game.”
When the creative teams and director of Squid Game approached Hoe, they asked why he had lost so much weight? He is in a gangster role, so he must bulk up and look masculine.
The director of the series told Heo to put a weight in a month to fit the role, and he put on 16 kg in such a short period. However, in his commitment to the job, He imperiled his health, with the abrupt weight gain direly affecting his body.
Heo Sung said,’ my health turned out to be so terrible because I gained a lot of weight in a short time frame. The muscles on my calf tore, and my knees hurt.
In general, my health drained. I think weight is multiple times harder than getting in shape.”
- The Outlaws
- The Devine Movie2
- Hitman: Agent
- The Age of Shadows
- The Fortran
- Black Money
- The Royal Tailor
- Intern Detective
- Kwon Bob: Chinatown
- Squid Game
- Beyond Evil
- The Penthouse
- Your Honor
- Psychopath Diary
- The Silent Sea
- Different Dreams
- Racket Boys
Awards and Achievements
- The 18th Korea First Brand Awards
- Korea Culture and Entertainment Awards
- SBS Drama Award
- 54th Baeksang Arts Award
- The 26th Korea Culture Entertainment Award
Heo Sung Tae Had A Social Phobia after Squid Game
Nobody could ever dream of the wildest dream that Squid Game would get so famous. However, with its wide range of publicity, the show’s cast became famous too.
On the other hand, Heo started having a phobia of people. Due to this, the actor canceled one of his films Choi Ri when they first started filming it.
For Tae, it was a time of crisis, but he eventually overcame it because of the detailed and considerate advice from the director.
Heo Sung Tae Promised Never to Film Bed Scenes
On Squid Game, Heo shared a screen with Mi Nyeo, aka Kim Joo Ryeong, and got physical in the Toliet. After that intimae scene, the actor promised his beloved wife he would not film the bed scene again.
However, in 2016, Tae said that he would do naked scenes for the sake of movies. When Squid Game came, his wife banned him from filming those scenes even if he was provided with tons of money or even 1 billion.
Surprisingly his wife did not have a problem if Tae shot the naked scenes, but when it came to intimacy, she was very strict.
How Much Does Heo Sung Tae Earn?
Heo Sung is one of the successful actors in South Korea, and his family has supported him a lot in his career path. Similarly, Heo is staggeringly energetic concerning his profession.
Because of his diligent effort and devotion, he has made fantastic progress in his field, and he currently has considerable cash at an exceptionally young age.
Heo accepts that difficult work pays off, so he tries sincerely and has total assets of around $5 million.
Heo Sung is a famous and tremendous actor with a global fan base and is also active on his social media handle.
Similarly, Heo loves to travel, and on his social media, we can see his travel pictures and his family.
Instagram– 1.9m followers
- In 2018, he was assigned two honors (2018 SBS Drama Awards and 54th Baeksang Arts Awards) under’ Best Supporting Actor’ and ‘Best New Actor – Film’ separately.
- In his entire acting vocation, he didn’t show up in any film/TV series in 2012.
- He can communicate in multiple languages like Manchu, Russian, etc.
- He is managed by Hanahreum Company, an ability of the board organization.
- For his part in Squid Game, he has acquired 17 kg in only one month.
- Similarly, Heo Sung doesn’t have a Twitter account.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old is Heo Sungtae?
In 2022, Heo is 45 years old as he was born in the year of 1977.
- How tall is Heo Sungtae?
According to sources, this famous actor is 5 feet 11 inches tall.