Elisabeth Shue is a brilliant actress who has accumulated tons of net worth from her contribution to Hollywood since 1980. Several fans associate her with the all-time favorite movie franchises and adore her in every role she gets.
She became a household name when the diva appeared in 1984‘s The Karate Kid and later was cast in Adventure in Babysitting in 1987. Along with that, she rose to prominence when she replaced Claudia Wells in the Back To The Future sequels as Marty’s lover.
For Shue’s contribution to the movie industry, she has won the Academy Award for Best Actress, Young Artist Awards, Saturn Awards, Academy Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, BAFTA Awards, National Society of Film Critics, Los Angeles Film Critics Association, to mention a few.
Her name kissed the success when Elisabeth made it into the 2020 famous Netflix show Cobra Kai. With her work and accolades, Elisabeth Shue’s net worth has also skyrocketed.
This article will reveal Elisabeth Shue’s net worth, husband, movies, and the pursuit of her dream. Before all this, why do not we get started with some quick facts:
Some Quick Facts About Elisabeth Shue
|Full Name||Elisabeth Judson Shue|
|Date of Birth||October 06, 1963|
|Birth Place||Wilmington, Delaware, United States|
|Age||58 years old|
|Father’s Name||James William Shue|
|Mother’s Name||Anne Brewster|
|Siblings||William and John|
|Height||5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm|
|Weight||53 kg or 117 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Shoe Size||Updating Soon|
|Education||Columbia High School, Wellesley College, Harvard University|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
Who Is Elisabeth Shue?- Parents, Childhood, and Education
Elisabeth Judson Shue was born in the beautiful place of Wilmington. Delaware. Her parents were Anne Brewster and James William Shue, a congressional candidate, lawyer, and real estate developer. As a matter of fact, he was also the president of the International Food and Beverage Corporation.
Other than this, her mother was active as the president in the private banking of the Chemical Banking Corporation. For various reasons, her parents got divorced when she was at the tender age of nine. This actress was raised in South Orange, New Jersey, along with three siblings.
He is blessed to have a younger brother Andrew, an actor and famous for his role as Billy Campbell in Melrose Place. Apart from this, she has brothers, William and John. Later her father remarried, and she got two half-siblings, Jenna and Harvey Shue.
Talking about education, Elisabeth had been to Columbia High School in 1981, and in 1994, she was in the Hall of fame. After accomplishing her high school, she enrolled in Wellesley College. Luckily in 1985, she transferred to Harvard University.
Later she dropped out from that to pursue her career in acting. During that time, she only had one semester left to graduate. However, this Shue finished her BA in political science in 2000.
Who Is The Husband of Elisabeth Shue? Does She Have A Kid?
There is no denying that Shue is a young and brilliant actress who has been the center of attraction since she appeared in her first tv show. Many men desire to be with her but are not compatible with her. Not to mention she is a married woman who is a mother of two beautiful kids.
In the 1980s, this pretty lady was rumored to be dating Rick James. She and Val Kilmer became a thing in 1996, although nothing was going on between them. Even if something was going on, neither of these couples accepted the fact that they were dating.
Things got interesting when Shue’s name was attached with the handsome director, Davis Guggenheim, aka Philip Davis Guggenheim. He is one of the brilliant creators in the industry who has made movies such as The Shield, ER, 24, NYPD, Alias, Deadwood, He Named Me Malala, An Inconvenient Truth, and The Road We’ve Traveled, to mention a few.
Both of them were attracted to each other, and some love blossomed between the two in a matter of time. Surprisingly in 1994, this lovey-dovey couple walked down the aisle. The nuptial ceremony was private, and only a handful of guests were invited. Their happiness knew no boundary when Elisabeth got pregnant with her first child in November 1997.
They named him Miles William and were blessed to have two daughters. Stella Stree was born in March 2011, while Agnes Charles was born in June 2006. Currently, this family of five is happy to be together in a time of crisis and happiness.
How Old Is Elisabeth Shue?- Age, Height, and Body
This fine actress was born in 1963, and in 2021, Elisabeth is just 58 years old. As she celebrated her auspicious birthday every year on October 06, Shue falls under the sun sign of Libra.
Being an actress, this lady cares a lot about the way she looks. She stands colossal at the height of 5 feet 2 inches which converts to 157.5 cm. Shue has a bodyweight of 117 pounds, which converts to 53 kg in general.
The most distinctive feature of this beautiful actress is her deep-set hooded eyes, toned arms, and vibe from the girl next door. This blonde bombshell is blessed to have green eyes color.
What Is Elisabeth Shue Net Worth?- Salary, Income
This beauty initiated her career as an actress in 1982 from The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana. From that moment on, this lady has been surviving the ever-changing circumstance in Hollywood. After spending around four decades in the industry, it is obvious that Elisabeth Shue’s net worth has increased.
In 2021 Elisabeth Shue’s net worth is equal to $20 million. This is because of her career-making movies, such as The Karate Kid, Back To The Future, and Cobra Kai. As she is very wealthy, this actress spends her money on real estate and automobiles.
Earlier, Elisabeth with her husband is residing in a two-story Spanish-style house located on the Sunset Strip. This building was built in 1926 which expands around 2,000 square feet. It consists of three bedrooms, three half bathrooms, an office, a tiled courtyard, and a pool.
In contrast to this, they sold that house for about $1.3 million after the price of it was $1.2 million. Similarly, their husband is also a reputed director in Hollywood, and it is evident that he makes some money from his career. Just like Elisabeth, his net worth is approximately about $20 million in 2021.
- In 1984, Elisabeth appeared in the cult movie The Karate Kid juxtapose of Ralph Macchio as Ali Mills and again played with him in Season 3 of Cobra Kai.
- She was cast in Cocktail along with Tom Cruise in the movie Cocktail.
- Some of her iconic movies are Back to the Future series, Adventure in Babysitting, The Marrying Man, Soapdish, Twenty Bucks, Radio Inside, The Underneath, to mention a few.
- For her work, she was nominated four times in an Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Globe Awards, SAG, to mention a few.
- In 2008 her role was well criticized by people all over the role in Hamlet 2.
- Surprisingly in 2010, Elisabeth appeared as Sheriff Julie Forester in the famous movie Piranha 3D.
- In addition to this, she is the recipient of Young Artist Awards, Independent Spirit Awards, Los Angeles Film Critics Association, National Society of Film Critics, Academy Awards, BAFTA Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild, and many more.
- This hot actress starred in Constance, The Boys, Blunt Talk, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, American Dad!, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Amy & Isabelle, Blind Justice, Dream On, Wonderful World of Color, Call to Glory, The Riyal Romance of Charles and Diana amongst others.
- Beverage: Honest Tea, Water with Emergen-C powdered supplements
- Healthy Snack – Rice cakes with apple spread or almond butter
- Movie: Ordinary People (1980)
- Sport: Tennis, Soccer
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (1997)
- Word: Inquisitive
- Smell: Chocolate Chip Cookies in the oven
Social Media Presence
Elisabeth is a well-known actress with a huge amount of fan following. But one has to understand that she loves to keep her personal life out of the eyes of the media. As a result of that, the diva has no social media accounts as of now.
- Elisabeth’s parents got divorced when she was just in 4th grade.
- In 1990 she was considered for the role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman but lost to Julia Roberts.
- This 58-year-old actress was denied the famous tv shows The Good Wife, which ran from 2009 to 2016.
- She is a huge fan of tennis and admits that it is her source of exercise. Apart from this, Shue adores yoga and gymnastics.
- As this actress grew up with her three brothers, she became a huge fan of football. As a result, she was the only girl playing football in her hometown in soccer leagues.
- During her study, Elisabeth auditioned for tv commercials to make money and pay her tuition fees. Luckily she was cast in The Karate Kid in 1984 and left her investigation before the beginning of the last semester.
- In 2021 Elisabeth is 58 years old.
- She has a total net worth of $20 million.