Dan Aykroyd is a comedian, writer, musician, and entrepreneur. Aykroyd is popular for his four seasons on ‘Saturday Night Live’ (SNL) and for hit comedies such as The Blue Brothers (1980) and Ghostbuster (1984), both of which he co-wrote. Dan Aykroyd net worth has been increasing because of his regular work in movies.
Aykroyd is also a very successful entrepreneur, particularly in wine and spirits. Aykroyd is a member of the ‘Order of Canada’ and ‘Order of Ontario’ and star on Canada’s Walk of Fame.
Dan was a true member of the “Not Ready for Prime Night Live” (1975-1979). He worked with his friend John Belushi in a musical sketch on “Saturday Live Night.” Later, it became a true performing band. Dan starred in the movie “The Blue Brothers” in 1980, which was loved by the audience.
Aykroyd is also an entrepreneur, having co-founded the ‘House of Blues’ chain of music venues and the Crystal Head vodka brand.
Dan Aykroyd: Quick Facts
|Name||Daniel Edward Aykroyd|
|Age||70 years old|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1952|
|Place of Birth||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|School||St. Pius and St. Patrick’s High School|
|Father||Samuel Cuthbert Peter Hugh Aykroyd|
|Famous as||Comedian, actor, writer|
|Net worth||$200 million|
|Children||Belle Kingston Aykroyd
Stella Irene Aykroyd
|Body measurement||No information available|
Green and Brown
|Car||The 440 Dodge Monaco (1970s)|
|House||Massachusetts resident, 16 Deer Parth Lane, Chilmark
|Cottage||Canadian Highway near Kingston, Ont.|
Dan Aykroyd Net Worth
Dan Aykroyd net worth as of 2022 is $200 million. Aykroyd is known for his work on Saturday Night Live, and as a member of The Blues Brothers, Dan made most of his money from his work in films. Dan is best known and is famous for being a Comedian. His comedic performances were loved by many. Aykroyd was paid $278 a week as a writer of the show.
Aykroyd is prominent for playing the enigmatic role of Ray Stantz in the “Ghostbusters” franchise.
Dan and John Belushi’s 1978 album “Briefcase Full of Blues” went double platinum by selling 3.5 million copies. Aykroyd co-organized the House of Blues concert venue restaurant chain in 1992. Dan established Crystal Head Vodka with $600,000 in 2007, the vodka is being traded-in crystal skull-shaped bottles, and the company’s revenue reached $80 million by 2018.
Along with Dan’s professional acting career, Aykroyd’s comedy career puts him as a front runner for the world’s richest comedian.
The value of Dan’s Pacific Palisades House is $14,500,000, and his weekly salary from Saturday Night Live in 1975 was $750.
Dan is a rich man and can afford to live any kind of luxurious life he wants. Comedian Dan has invested a good amount of money in various fields and owns various lands and properties. Dan Aykroyd net worth is bound to increase with more years of work.
Dan Aykroyd, also known as Daniel Edward Aykroyd, was on July 1, 1952, at The Ottawa Hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. Dan’s father’s name is Samuel Cuthbert Peter Hugh Aykroyd. His father followed English, Irish, Dutch, Scottish and French ancestry.
Dan’s father was a civil engineer who worked as a policy adviser to Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. Dan’s mother’s name is Lorraine Helene. Aykroyd’s mother was of French-Canadian descent and a secretary. Dan’s brother Peter Aykroyd was also a famous actor.
Dan was diagnosed with symptoms of Tourette and Asperger syndrome.
Dan went to St. Pius X and St. Patrick’s high schools. Aykroyd grew up in the spiritualist Church. Dan’s major subjects were Criminology and sociology at Carleton University.
Dan dropped out of college before completing his degree. Dan worked as a comedian in several Canadian nightclubs and established an after-house speakeasy, club 505, in Toronto for several years.
However, in 1994, dan received an Honorary Doctor of Literature Degree from Carleton University. Aykroyd started his music career in Ottawa. After which, Dan started his career in acting and comedies.
How Tall Is Dan Aykroyd?
Dan Aykroyd is 70 years old. The comedian and actor looked very handsome during his time. Dan stands tall with a height of 6’1″ inches and weighs 113 kgs.
Dan Aykroyd is heterochromatic, and his eye colors are different. Dan’s right eye is green in color, and his left eye is brown.
Dan Aykroyd lost ninety pounds to replicate the role of Elwood Blues. Although the comedian is approaching the late half of his career, he seems to be highly fit. All thanks to the healthy diet for the actor he is quite good-looking.
- Aykroyd got public attention and became famous on the American Late-night comedy show “Saturday Night Live.” Aykroyd was paid $278 a week as a writer of the show.
- From 1975 to 1979, Dan worked on the show for its first four seasons titled “The Not Ready for Prime-Time Players.”
- Dan became famous for his caricature and impression of celebrities such as Tom Snyder, Richard Nixon, Vincent Price, Jimmy Carter, Julia Child, etc.
- The famous actor presented on a show like “Change for ta Quarter” and “Coming Up Rosie,” aired on local television in Toronto.
- In 1973, Dan worked in the ‘Second City’ improvisational troupe, which allowed him to work with great persons like John Candy, Bill Murray, and Gilda Radner.
- Dan met the famous comedian and writer John Belushi when the closing was looking for new talent in Toronto for Radio Show titled “The National Lampoon Radio Hour.” After which, he was starred in the first season of “Saturday Night Live” in 1975. Dan also worked in the musical act “Blue Brothers” with James Belushi.
- In 1992, Dan launched the “House of Blues,” a chain of 13 live music concert halls.
- Similarly, in 1984, Dan starred in the film “Ghostbuster.”
- In 1991, Dan worked with “Nothing but Trouble,” but the film was not successful.
- Likewise, in 2009, Dan impersonated U.S House Minority leader John Boehner In the show.
- Dan is a writer too, and his work consists of his setting up of liner notes for Blues musician JW-Jones’ album “Blue listed” in
- In 2011, Dan appeared as a guest judge on “Top Chef Canada.”
- Dan also expressed a character in “Legends of Oz: Dorothy’s Return.“
- Similarly, Dan was starred and played “ Raymond Stantz” in “Ghostbusters: Afterlife,” which released in 2021.
Dan Aykroyd Songs
There are a lot of Dan’s songs. Some of the are listed below;
- Hey Bartender (1978)
- Rubber Biscuit (1978)
- Funky Nassau (1998)
- She Caught the Katy
- Minnie the Moocher
- Going Back to Miami
- Time Won’t Let Me (2003)
- E.S.P.E.C.T (1998)
- Cheaper To Keep Her
Dan Aykroyd Movies
Some of Dan’s Movies;
- Ghostbuster (1984)
- Exit to Eden (1994)
- Belushi (2020)
- Into the Night (1985)
- The Couch Trip (1998)
- Loose Cannons (1990)
- My Fellow American (1996)
- Caplin (1992)
- Crossroads (2002)
- Celtic Pride (1996)
- Evolution (2001)
- I Now Pronounce (2007)
- The Campaign (2012)
- The Blue Brothers (1980)
- Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)
Dan Aykroyd Awards
- Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy- Variety or Music Series.
- 2002 Awarded a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame.
- Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actor (1989)
- WGA Award for Best Variety Series or Special: Musical or Comedy- Television.
Who is the wife of Dan Aykroyd?
Dan Aykroyd is married to Donna Dixon. The couple met each other while shooting “Doctor Detroit,” and Dan was attracted to Donna as she made her personation.
Dan took the help of Donna’s best friend, Fran Descher, to initiate a step ahead and start talking.
The couple got married in 1983. Together Donna and Aykroyd share three daughters. Danielle is 33 years old, Belle 29 years old, and Stella 24 years old as of 2022.
Dan and his wife, Donna, made their appearance in public many times. The couple appeared in movies “Spies Like Us” (1985), “Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)”, “The Couch Trip (1988)”, and “Exit to Eden (1994)”.
Aykroyd was previously engaged to actress Carrie Fisher. Dan met her on the “The Blues Brothers” film set and asked her out; Fisher starred as a spurned girlfriend of John Belushi’s Jake Blues.
For a few years, the couple were together and eventually broke up as fisher reconciled with her former boyfriend, musician Paul Simon. Fisher and Aykroyd broke up in 1980.
Dan Aykroyd Instagram
Dan is an actor, producer, comedian, Musician, and Filmmaker. He has entertained a lot of people as a comedian and has influenced many from his work.
Dan is currently active in social media. He interacts with his fan by posting videos and photos. Dan is currently active on social media.
Instagram: 55k followers
Twitter: 342.11k followers
Facts about Dan Aykroyd
- Dan Aykroyd performed duties in the Reserves for the police department in Louisiana as the Reserve Commander.
- He is contemporarily the Reserve Deputy of the Hinds County Sheriff’s Department.
- Dan Aykroyd bolsters up the Reserve by organizing a fundraiser concert in conjunction with other blues and singers.
- Aykroyd launched the Blue Line Foundation, which is helping to hold up the re-development of flood-damaged properties in New Orleans.
- Dan was confirmed with Tourette Syndrome as a child.
- Dan relates “John Belushi” as a brother.
- Blues Brothers influenced Dan in his real life too.
- Aykroyd can maintain stability in both comedies and dramas.
- Dan is heterochromatic and has two colored eyes, green and brown.