Courteney Cox is an American actress, producer, and filmmaker. She rose to prominence as Monica Geller on the NBC comedy Friends (1994–2004).
In addition, she played Gale Weathers in the horror film franchise Scream (1996–present). She also played Lauren Miller in the NBC comedy Family Ties (1987–1989), Lucy Spiller in the FX television drama Dirt (2007–2008), and Jules Cobb in sitcom Cougar Town (2009–2015).
Let us now look at some of her other personal and professional accomplishments to learn more about her life.
Quick Facts about Courteney Cox:
|Birth Name||Courteney Cox|
|Age||57 years old|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Gemini|
|Birth Place||Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||15-Jun-64|
|Mother’s Name||Courteney Copeland|
|Father’s Name||Richard Lewis Cox|
|Sibling||3, Virginia, Dorothy, Richard Jr.|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm , 5 ft 7 inches|
|Weight||in kilograms- 63 kg or 139 lbs|
|Body Measurement||35-24-34 ( Breast – waist – Hips ) in inches|
|Race / Ethnicity||English|
|College/University||Mount Vernon College in Washington, D.C|
|Profession||Actress, Director, Producer|
|Husband/ Partner||Johnny McDaid|
|Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$150 Million|
Cox was born in Birmingham, Alabama, and raised there. Her father’s name is Richard Lewis Cox, and her mother’s name is Courteney Copeland (née Bass).
Cox considers herself fortunate to have grown up with his siblings. Virginia and Dorothy are her two elder sisters, and Richard Jr. is her older brother. Her parents separated in 1974, and her mother later married Hunter Copeland, a businessman.
Cox attended Mount Vernon College in Washington, D.C. (now part of George Washington University) after graduating from Mountain Brook High School, but did not complete her architecture degree, preferring to pursue a career in modeling and performing instead.
Courteney Cox Height, Weight, Age, Body Measurement
The gorgeous actress is 57 years old as of 2021, having been born in 1964. She has a beautiful demeanor, measures 5 feet 7 inches tall or 1.75 m, and weighs around 63 kgs or 139 lbs. Despite her age, the diva’s figure is exquisite, measuring 35-24-34.
Her beautiful blue eyes and lush dark brown hair complement her attractive features. Cox wears size 8.5 shoes (US). Furthermore, her attractive personality is dressed in a size 4 dress (US).
Her solar sign is Gemini because she was born in June. She should be more independent, creative, and entertaining, as her sun sign implies. Looking at her entertainment career, her qualities seem to fit her perfectly.
Courtenay’s age may be rising with time, but she enjoys staying healthy. To make ends meet, the diva prefers to work out at the gym. Her diet is likewise well-planned, which helps her seem younger over time. Cox is a Budokan karate practitioner.
- Cox featured in Bruce Springsteen’s “Dancing in the Dark” music video in 1984.
- Her early television appearances include a major role as Gloria Dinallo in the NBC science-fiction fantasy series Misfits of Science (1985). She also appeared briefly in the ABC comedy-drama series The Love Boat (1986) and the CBS crime drama series Murder, She Wrote (1986).
- Later, in the NBC comedy series Family Ties (1987–1989), she played Lauren Miller, the girlfriend of Michael J. Fox’s character Alex P. Keaton.
- Masters of the Universe (1987), Cocoon: The Return (1988), and I’ll Be Home for Christmas (1989) were among Cox’s early cinematic appearances (1988). She co-starred in the CBS sitcom The Trouble with Larry in 1993, starring Bronson Pinchot and Perry King.
- She appeared in Toad the Wet Sprocket’s music video “Good Intentions” in 1995. The song was also included in the soundtrack of the film Friends.
2020 – the 2010s
- Cox went on to play reporter Gale Weathers in the high-profile slasher horror film Scream (1996) and its sequels Scream 2 (1997) and Scream 3 (1998).
- The series is one of the most successful and well-received horror franchises of all time. Cox’s character was noted for her “snappy comments and wonderfully domineering nature.” While filming the first Scream picture, she met her future husband, David Arquette, who played her on-screen love interest, Dwight “Dewey” Riley.
- During this time, she also appeared in the crime thriller The Runner (1999), the crime drama 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001), and the comedy The Shrink Is In (2001).
- November (2005), an independent drama film with limited theatrical distribution, starring her.
- She had a brief role as Lena, Paul Crewe’s (Adam Sandler) girlfriend in the big-budget remake The Longest Yard (2005), and co-starred with Tim Allen in the critically panned Zoom (2006).
- Cox also played Daisy in the animated film Barnyard (2006).
- She also appeared in the fantasy comedy picture Bedtime Stories that year, reuniting with co-star Adam Sandler.
- She went on to executive produce David Arquette’s short drama film The Butler’s in Love.
2009s – Present
- Former Friends co-star Lisa Kudrow’s web comedy series Web Therapy included Cox in a three-episode narrative arc (2009).
- She debuted as the star of the single-camera ABC comedy series Cougar Town in 2009, portraying a newly single 40-year-old mother on the lookout for new adventures. It is notable because it is Cox’s most successful performance since Friends, garnering her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy.
- For the sequel Scream 4, Cox resumed her role as Gale Weathers from the Scream trilogy.
- Cox made her directing debut and appeared as a cameo in the Lifetime television drama film TalhotBlond, which debuted on the network on June 23, 2012.
- Just Before I Go, a black comedy film starring Seann William Scott and Elisha Cuthbert was directed and produced by Cox in 2014.
- From 2014 to 2017, she was the executive producer of Craig Ferguson’s syndicated game program Celebrity Name Game. It was canceled after three seasons. The series was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Game Show for her work on the show.
- Cox reunited with her Friends co-stars for a reunion special titled Friends: The Reunion, which premiered on HBO Max on May 27, 2021. Cox was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Show for the special.
- She has agreed to feature in the Starz horror-comedy series Shining Vale, created by Sharon Horgan and Jeff Astrof, opposite Greg Kinnear. Patricia “Pat” Phelps, played by Cox, relocates her family “from the ‘mad’ of the city to a huge, ancient mansion in the suburbs where evil and humor meet.”
- Cox will return as Gale Weathers in the fifth Scream film, directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett.
Courteney Cox in Friends
Cox was approached to audition for the part of Rachel Green on the new comedy Friends in 1994, but she was cast as Monica Geller instead.
Cox joined Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green), Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe Buffay), Matt LeBlanc (Joey Tribbiani), Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing), and David Schwimmer (Ross Geller).
The show is widely regarded as one of the best sitcoms of all time. With her US$1 million-per-episode salary for the final two seasons of Friends, Cox became the highest-paid TV actress of all time, according to the Guinness Book of World Records (2005).
Monica Geller’s role is played by Courteney Cox. She works as a chef and is renowned for her meticulous, demanding, competitive, and compulsive tendencies. Monica was an overweight child as a child.
Throughout the episode, she works as a cook at several restaurants. Monica’s first committed relationship is with Richard Burke, a family friend who is twenty-one years her senior. For a while, the two had a solid connection until Richard announces his desire not to have children.
Monica and Chandler subsequently begin dating after spending a night together in London in the season four finale, which leads to their marriage in season seven and the adoption of twins after the season.
Who Is Courteney Cox Husband?
In her personal life, actress Cox was previously married to David Arquette, a filmmaker, writer, and producer. On June 12, 1999, Cox married actor David Arquette. The couple has a daughter, who was born in June of 2004. Jennifer Aniston serves as the godmother.
Cox and Arquette announced their divorce on October 11, 2010, however they maintain a strong friendship and continued business connection through Coquette Productions.
After nearly two years of separation from Cox, Arquette filed for divorce in June 2012. In May 2013, the divorce was finalized.
Actress Cox began dating Snow Patrol member Johnny McDaid in late 2013. In June 2014, the pair confirmed their engagement. They called off their engagement soon after, but they have remained a lovely couple.
Courteney Cox Net Worth
As of 2021, Courteney Cox’s net worth is $150 million. Courteney Cox is best known for her role as Monica Geller on the famous television sitcom “Friends,” but she has had a successful film and television career outside of that entertainment giant.
The program is widely considered to be one of the greatest sitcoms of all time. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Cox became the highest-paid TV actress of all time with her $1 million-per-episode pay for the final two seasons of Friends (2005).
Before backend incentives and ongoing royalties, each cast member of Friends made roughly $90 million in basic income alone from the show.
“Friends” continues to make more than $1 billion in syndication royalties and streaming partnerships each year. It has been estimated that each cast member can make $10-20 million in royalties alone in some years.
Courteney paid $17.15 million buying a house in Malibu, California, in 2007. The same year, they offered a different Malibu property for $33.5 million, this one on the beach and created by famed architect John Lautner. They eventually lowered the price to $20 million. She paid about $5 million on two residences in Beverly Hills’ premium Sunset Strip skyscraper. Courteney sold her Beverly Hills house to music producer Dr. Luke for $18 million in 2014.
Is Courteney Cox on Social Media Platform?
Social media is an integral part of each celebrity’s life. It maintains audience interest and allows for authoritative management of the entertainment industry. When it comes to the current age, social media plays a role in a celebrity’s net worth.
If you want to follow Courteney Cox on social media, the usernames are listed below.
Instagram: 11.8m followers