Chris Kyle was an American former US Navy SEAL whose death in 2013 was a shock to many. This man was considered the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history and had claimed to kill 255 people. However, according to the record, it was confirmed that only 160 of the kills were confirmed.
Not to mention this man had contributed his skill four times during the time of the Iraq War. Chris was awarded five Bronze Star Medals with Valor, two Silver Star Medals, two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, and a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for his act of heroism.
This beautiful life has been adapted into a movie titled American Sniper. It is an autobiography of Chris, which was later turned into a film by director Clint Eastwood. More importantly, in the film, the lead role is played by none other than brilliant actor Bradley Cooper.
In this article, we will be unraveling the true story behind Chris Kyle death, age, love life, and how did he spend his life. Without any further ado, let’s get started with some quick facts;
Chris Kyle: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Chris Scott Kyle|
|Date of Birth||1974/4/8|
|Birth Place||Odessa, Texas|
|Age||38 years old|
|Father’s Name||Wayne Kenneth Kyle|
|Mother’s Name||Deborah Lynn|
|Body Measurements||Updating Soon|
|Hair Color||Golden Brown|
|Shoe Size||Updating Soon|
|Education||Tarleton State University|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Social Media Presence||None|
What Is The Story Behind Chris Kyle Death?
In 2013 the news of veteran Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield was all over the paper and internet. They were taking a fellow Marine, Eddie Ray Routh, to Texas gun range to help him. The hunk is the one who pointed his gun at his two mentors and shoots them both with numerous bullets in their heads, chest, and back.
Kyle worked with people who were indulged in the military and suffered from some shooting issues. Both of them were well armed with 45 calibers 1911 style pistols. Sources suggest that Eddie had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
Along with that, Routh used to come in and out of the mental hospitals quite often. To cope up with his shooting problem, Chris and Chad were assigned to assist him. This sniper felt something odd was going and texted Chad, saying, “This dude is straight nuts on the way to the shooting.”
To that, Littlefield responded, “Watch my six,” which means to watch my back. Later on, it was reported that Littlefield shot Chris with a 45-caliber pistol and Chad with a 9 SIG Sauer pistol. Surprisingly both of them belonged to Kyle. After shooting them with numerous bullets, the Marine corps veteran drove to his sister’s home and revealed the situation.
His sister Laura Blevins then informed 911, and he was captured. Later his trial was initiated on May 5, 2014, and he was found guilty on February 24, 2015. His prosecutors had already decided that he won’t have the death penalty. As a result, he was convicted of the murder of two and was sentenced to life imprisonment without parole.
Where Was Chris Kyle Born?- Childhood and Education
Chris Scott Kyle was born and raised in the beautiful place of Odessa, Texas. He was born to a loving mother, Deborah Lynn, and father, Wayne Kenneth Kyle. His father was active as a teacher at Sunday School. Kyle was blessed to have another brother.
It was his father who trained him to shoot at the tender age of eight. During that time, Wayne bought him a 30-06 Springfield rifle and later gave him a shotgun. The father and son used to group hunting the deer, quail pheasant, and whatnot.
Along with his brother, they used to take care of the 150 cattle at that time. Talking about education, this Sniper had been to a high school located in Midlothian, Texas. After that, Chris received his graduation in 1992 and was keen on bronco rodeo and ranch hand.
In 1992, this handsome man enrolled in Tarleton State University and studied Ranch and Range Management. Eventually, he became a professional bronco rodeo rider but did not pursue his career as Chris was injured.
When Was Chris Born?
This legendary sniper was born in the year of 1974 on the 8th day of April. At the time of his unfortunate death, he was just 38 years old and was very healthy and fit. The most definitive feature of this man was his golden-brown beard and well-built body. Moreover, he was an American man who came from white ethnicity.
Who Is The Wife of Chris Kyle?
This American sniper was spending his days happily with beautiful lady Taya Ranae Studebaker. She s the daughter of Mayor Kent Studebaker. They met each other for the first time in 2001 and eventually decided to walk down the aisle. During their time together, they were blessed to have two children.
This lovey-dovey couple has son Colton and daughter McKenna who are a year and a half apart. Although there are several things known about this couple, very few are known about their children. However, we are well aware that the nickname of their eldest child is Bubba, and the youngest daughter is Angel.
After her husband’s death, Kyle chose to advocate for the widowed women and families who have lost serving family members. In 2014, she founded a Chris Kyle Frog Foundation to provide a relatable experience for the veterans and their families. Although Chris is no more in her life, this lady has not been able to date other men.
She said, “My heart just wasn’t ready. I felt like it would be a betrayal. I was stubborn and hard-headed about it.” Currently, this mother of two is busy raising two kids to establish themselves well in their life.
What Is The Net Worth of Chris Kyle?
Being one of the lethal snipers in the history of the United States military, Chris had made a big amount of money from his career. In 2021, his net worth has been calculated to be $2 million.
Other than this, in 2006, he was accused of punishing Jesse Ventura in the bar. Later on, Jesse sued him for defamation of character and received a huge sum of $1.8 million.
Social Media Presence
Unfortunately, Chris is not active on any social media platforms. Due to his untimely demise, he was no active on any social media before his death.
- Previously Chris was keen on joining U.S. Marine Corps special operations, but a NAVY recruiter advised him to try SEALS. At first, he did not make it to the exam as he had a pin in his arms but later was invited to Basic Underwater Demolition/Seal, Air-Land training in 1999.
- After that, he worked in the SEAL Team-3, where he was a sniper and contributed to several battles in the Iraq war.
- Until now, 150 kills by Kyle have been confirmed by Pentagon, but he has never established the number of killings. However, once he suggested that anyone is willing to know the number of kills, then directly ask the Navy, and you may know the truth if you catch them on the right day.
- During his journey, he carried four extravagant weapons. A semi-automatic 7.62 NATO Mk 11 sniper rifle, a 5.56 NATO Mk 12 Designated Marksman Rifle, 300 Winchester Magnum Accuracy International, and a 338 Lapua Magnum.
- Surprisingly this man left the NACY in 2009 and migrated to Midlothian, Texas, along with his kids and wife.
- Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 162, often known as the Chris Kyle Bill, in August 2013 to acknowledge military training in the awarding of occupational licenses.
- Chris was the deadliest U.S. Military Sniper in the history of the United States.
- His autobiography reached Number 1 on the New York Times bestseller list of nonfiction.
- At first, Kyle was rejected from the Navy as he had an old rodeo injury and a mark of pins in his arms. Therefore he failed the physical exam in 1996 and tried to rejoin in 1999. Finally, he was recruited.
- He was also the president of Craft International, a firm that provides military-style training to security personnel and law enforcement.
- The leading secret behind how he was able to kill so many targets was because he could see the most targets. That is the reason why Chris got a nickname is Ninja Smoke.
- It is claimed that Chris has killed 255 people, among which there is only a record of the killing of 150 people.
- Kyle refers to Carlos Hathcock, a legend in Vietnam, as “The best sniper in the world” who records 93 people.
- Chris was one of the legendary executioners of the insurgents that there was a bounty of $80,000 on his head. People used to call him al-Shaitan Ramad, aka The Devil of Ramadi.
- His autobiography was adapted into American Sniper, where famous actor Bradley Cooper played Chris’s role.