Benedict Cumberbatch Wife, Sophie Hunter, is a British performer, playwright, and theater director. However, she is known as Benedict Cumberbatch’s wife by many. Hunter’s status as a creative and artistic playwright and theatre director is widely known among Broadway viewers and theatre geeks.
Oscar-nominated actor Benedict and Sophia tied the knot on 14th September 2015. The couple tied their nuptials in a very close ceremony at the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in England.
Hunter is not strange to the spotlight as she made her directorial debut co-directing the highly acclaimed experimental play The Terrific Electric at the Barbican Pit. As her theatre company, Boileroom was granted the Samuel Beckett Theatre Tru in 2007.
Sophia has directed several plays, including Lucretia, Phaedra, and Ghosts. Moreover, in 2009, she also released a French-language album called The Isis Project. And English-language album, called Songs for a Boy, in 2011.
Sophie Hunter: Quick Facts
|Full Name||Sophie Irene Hunter|
|Net worth||$2 million|
|Date of birth||16th March 1978|
|Father name||Charles Rupert|
|Siblings||Timothy and Patrick (Half-siblings)|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Weight||62kg (136 lbs)|
|Major Work||The Terrific Electric|
|Children||Hal Auden, Christopher Carlton|
|Marital Status||Benedict Cumberbatch|
|Social Media Presence||None|
|Last update on||August 2022|
Age, Height, and Weight of Sophie Hunter
As born on 1987, Sophie is 44 years old, and her zodiac sign is Pisces. Talking about body measurement, Sophia stands at 5 ft 8 inches.
Likewise, she weighs around 62kg which equals 136lbs. Her other body attributes are 35 chest size, 25 waist size, and 35 hip sizes. Hunter’s sexual orientation is straight.
Regarding her nationality, she holds British nationality and belongs to the Obscure ethnicity. Similarly, the diva has attractive blue eyes with brown hair color.
Although Sophia is 44, she still looks like she is in her 20 with a mesmerizing body figure. Her beauty has not faded with time.
Early life and Parents
Sophie Irene Hunter is a British performer, playwright, and theater director. However, she has achieved a lot in her professional life. Sophia is better known as the wife of Benedict Cumberbatch.
She was conceived on 16th March 1978 in Hammersmith, London, Uk. Further, she is the daughter of Charles Rupert (father) and Anna Katharine (mother). However, her parents later got divorced.
This diva also has two younger brothers, Timothy and Patrick, and two more half-siblings from her father’s second marriage, Lily-Rose and Samuel. The beautiful lady is the niece of Pianist Julius Drake.
Sophia comes from a very high-profile family whose grandfather and maternal great-great-father have served in the British army.
Hunter’s grandfather was General Sir Micheal James Gow, a British Army officer. Who worked with Prince Henry Duke of Gloucester in the 1950s.
As for education, Hunter attended st Paul’s Girl’s School. Further, she enrolled at the University of Oxford to study Languages with a concentration in French and Italian.
After graduating from Oxford, for two years, she lived in Paris to study Avant-grade theatre. At the L’Ecole International de Theatre Jacques Lecoq.
Further, the theatre director then trained at Saratoga International Theatre Institute in New York City under theatre and opera director Anne Bogart.
Benedict Cumberbatch (Husband)
As born on 19th July 1976, Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch is an English actor. He rose to fame as the star of the BBC’s Sherlock.
Further, he appeared in Hollywood films such as Tinker Tailor Soldier, The Imitation Game, and Spy. Other includes War Horse, Star TrekInto Darkness, and The Hobbit.
He is highly famous for his work on stage and screen. He has received various accolades, including a primetime Emmy Award, British Academy Television star, and a Laurence Olivier Award. In addition to nominations for four Golden Globe Awards and Oscar Award.
In 2014, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world. He was conceived in London and grew up in the boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea.
As of 2022, he is 46 years old, and his zodiac sign is Cancer. He stands at 6 ft with weighs 78 kg.
- In 2004, Benedict Cumberbatch wife embarked her TV debut with various supporting roles in the detective series Midsomer Murders and also the action comedy Keen Eddie.
- Similarly, she appeared in the historical drama Vanity fair by Mira Nair directed. Her most notable on-screen include Henry VIII: The Mind of a Tyrant, The Curse of Steptoe, and Torchwood.
- In 2005, Sophie played Ophelia in Hamlet at AI Bustan Festival in Beirut. The same year, she too appeared in the TV film Friends & Crocodiles. Moreover, she recorded a French EP titled The Isis Project with Guy Chambers. She also appeared in the plays Silverland and Macbeth.
- In 2007, Hunter co-founded the theater company Boileroom. For which she won the prestigious Oxford Samuel Beckett Theatre Trust Award for co-directing the play The Terrific. The Terrific Electric also printed her as a directorial debut.
- Moreover Sophie is also the co-founder of Lacuna Theatre Company. And as associate director of the play Enron at the Royal Court Theatre in West End and the Broadhurst Theatre on Broadway.
- The beauty diva became famous for her Avant-grade plays. Sophia directed and performed in theater productions throughout Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
- Moreover, her experimental play 69 South, also known as Shackleton Project, was a grand success.
- In 2017, she worked alongside Nicholas Daniel as a narrator in Music on the Meare at the Aldeburgh Festival. The following year, she produced the film The End We Start From, an adaptation of the novel.
Sophie Hunter Wedding
Since her days at Oxford University, Sophia was in a long-term relationship with sculptor Conrad Shawcross. Unfortunately, the ex-couple could never make a firm commitment and broke up in 2010.
On 14th February 2015, Sophie and actor Benedict tied the knock at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Mottistone Manor.
Followed by a reception at Mottistone Manor. The couple first meets through a movie on a set of Burlesque Fairytales. Lovebirds soon became friends and started dating.
The lovebird is blessed with three children. Sophie gave birth to their first child, kit, in 2015. Following the couple welcomed their second child, Hal Auden, in March 2017.
Once again, the couple happily welcomed their third baby Finn Cumberbatch
Throughout her career, Sophie has gathered fortune to live a fulfilling life with her husband. As of 2022, her net worth is $2 million, which is separate from her husband’s net worth.
While her husband, Benedict Cumberbatch, has a net worth of $40 million as of 2022, which he has has deservedly earned through his professional acting career
Social Media Presence
This beautiful diva is not present on any social media page.
Interesting facts about Benedict Cumberbatch wife
- In addition to English, she too speaks fluent French and Italian.
- Sophia also plays the piano and is fond of music.
- Her other interest include sailing and playing tennis
- In 2013, she was responsible for developing Loma Lights. It was one of the most extensive public art programs in New York City.
- Hunter is also a close friend of British-Argentinean Performances artist Eloise Fornieles and SUNO artistic director Max Osterweis.
Frequently Asked Question
- Why is Benedict Cumberbatch’s last name Cumberbatch?
In 2007, Cumberbatch told the Times newspaper London, It’s my real family name.
- What films has Sophia Hunter been in?
He appeared in the historical drama Vanity fair by Mira Nair directed. Her most notable on-screen include Henry VIII: The Mind of a Tyrant, The Curse of Steptoe, and Torchwood.
- Does Benedict Cumberbatch have a condition?
Cumberbatch has a rare genetic condition called Heterochromia iridis.