Amy Poehler is an American actress, comedian, writer, producer, and director. She co-founded the improvisational-comedy troupe Upright Citizens Brigade performing shows at small venues around the city which evolved into four regular live shows. Here in this article, we will all be talking about Amy Poehler husband and something interesting going on in her life, and let’s unravel some quick facts also.
Amy and Will Arnett, appeared to be a match made in heaven think that because Amy and Will are both comedians their relationship was all fun. However, their laughter died too soon within 9 years of marriage with the utmost respect.
Table of Contents
Quick facts about Amy Poehler:
|Full Name||Amy Poehler|
|Nick Name||Cool cat Amy, Poehlercoaster|
|Date of Birth||September 16, 1971|
|Birth Place||Newton, Massachusetts|
|Father’s Name||William Poehler|
|Mother’s Name||Eileen Poehler|
|Height||5’2’’ (157 cm)|
|Weight||54 kg or 119 lbs.|
|Education||Degree in media and communications|
|Body Measurements||33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm|
|Shoe Size||6 (US) or 36.5 (EU)|
|Dress Size||4 (US) or 36 (EU)|
|Partner||Will Arnett (2000-2012)
Nick Kroll (2013-2015)
|Social Media Presence||Instagram, Twitter|
What is the relationship status of Amy Poehler? Personal Life| Relationship
Poehler married actor Will Arnett when she was 32 years old. They dated for about four years. After being together for about 9 years they started their separation. They were amazing when they were together and had an amazing relationship.
They even worked together in several series such as series Arrested Development, the 2007 film Blades of Glory, and Horton Hears a Who! And The Secret World of Arrietty. The couple has two sons together named Archie and Abel James. They got separated in 2012.
In May 2013, Amy started dating actor Nick Kroll. He is about 7 years her junior. In September 2015, the couple separated.
Her romantic life has remained secret since then, as has her emphasis on numerous high-profile initiatives. Her romantic life is not that open. She is not married and is single as of July 2021.
On September 16, 1971, Amy was born in Newton, Massachusetts. She also got her nickname as Cool cat Amy, Poehlercoaster. She was born to Eileen and William Poehler. Her parents both were teachers. She has one younger brother, Greg, who is a producer and actor.
Amy has English, German, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Irish descent on her mother’s side. She follows Roman Catholicism as her religion.
She made her film debut with the 1998 American absurdist comedy Tomorrow Night She is known best for playing Leslie Knope in NBC’s comedy series Parks and Recreation since 2009. Actress Amy also did 142 episodes on Saturday Night Live from 2001 to 2008.
Age Body Measurement
This American actress and comedian were born on September 16, 1971. In 2021, she is 49 years old and belongs to the zodiac sign of Virgo. She has a stature of 5 feet 2 inches which is 157 cm and weighs about 54 kg or 119 lbs.
She has an amazing personality and a very cheerful nature. On top of her lean figure, she is a blue-eyed beauty and blessed with shining blonde hair.
She has a bodily status of about 33-25-34 in or 84-63.5-86 cm. To go with her stature she wears the shoe size 6 (US) or 36.5 (EU) and dresses size of 4(US) or 36 (EU)
Education and Early Life
Amy was born on 16 September 1971 in Newton, Massachusetts. Amy has English, German, Irish, and Portuguese ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Irish descent on her mother’s side. She was grown up alongside her younger brother Greg.
Amy was just 10 years old when she played Dorothy in her school’s production of The Wizard of Oz. and that experience that inspired Poehler’s love of performing
She graduated from Burlington High School in 1989. In 1993, Amy earned a degree in media and communications from Boston College. She has also studied at Improv Olympic with actor and writer, Del P. Close.
The career of Amy| Success
- During the time of Improv studies, she was inspired to peruse comedy professionally. At the same time, she worked waitress and at other jobs to earn money.
- Similarly, she was also the founding member of The Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB), a sketch and Improv group in Chicago.
- In 1996 they moved to New York and began performing shows at small venues around the city which evolved into four regular live shows.
- Likewise, in the movie “Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo” she had a small part to play in the year 1999 in the same year she was cast in the film Wet Hot American Summer.
- Poehler also appeared in the 2004 movie Mean Girls and also had the popular line “I am not a regular mom. I am a cool mom”.
- Similarly, she also used to teach in Improv classes to earn money except for the show.
- She also joined the cast of Saturday Night Live (SNL) in 2001-2002
- Her debut was just after the 9/11 attack Poehler performed several impressions, including Hillary Clinton, Dakota Fanning, Avril Lavigne, Michael Jackson, Kim Jong-Il, Nancy Grace, Kelly Ripa, Katie Couric, Sharon Stone, Sharon Osbourne, and many more
- Likewise, From 2004-2005 she co-anchored with Tina Fey, replacing Jimmy Fallon in Weekend Update. They both were the first female co-anchors of the longtime SNL staple.
- Poehler was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, the first year SNL cast members were eligible for the category in 2008
- Similarly, Amy wrote the sketch in 2008 with the support of Meyers, which became the biggest viral video of the year
- In 2008 she also started in Baby Mama which was the number one movie at the box office in its opening.
- Poehler and Fey also co-starred in the movie Sisters, Envy, Southland Tales, Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny in 2006, Blades of Glory, Mr. Woodcock 2007, Hamlet 2 in 2008, Spring Breakdown in 2009, A.C.O.D. in 2013, and They Came Together 2014, and The House.
- Likewise, for the SNL she also appeared as a guest and supported the show throughout.
- Amy was also assigned in playing Parks and Recreation in 2009 where she played the character of Deputy Director. In the first season, the show got a mixed review but in the second season, the show received more positive reviews.
- Poehler was nominated for an Emmy Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy in
- Poehler was also a producer of the show and they decided to end the show in 2015.
- Amy also wrote, “The Debate” which was recognized with nominations for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series and the Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Episodic Comedy.
- Similarly, She also hosted Golden Globe in 2014 which was the highest rating in the last ten years. And her coordination with Fey gained her three-year contract
- Amy produced the show “making it” in 2018 alongside Nick Offerman as co-hosts which was the highest-rated premiere of summer 2018 which earned Poehler and Nick Primetime Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program.
- Likewise, she also voiced various characters in the movies like Shrek the Third, Horton Hears a Who! Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Monsters vs. Aliens, Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil and many more.
- She also set up her own production company called Paper Kite Productions which is an all-female staff company.
- She also co-created and produced a show for Nickelodeon called The Mighty B! And for that, she earned Daytime Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program in 2009 and 2010.
- Similarly, Poehler also co-produced produced the comedy-drama series Russian Doll for Netflix. Along with that Poehler is an executive producer on the upcoming series Three Busy Debras, a comedy series.
- Poehler along with Meredith Walker and Amy Miles founded Smart Girls at the Party, an online community and digital web series aimed at empowering girls in 2008.
Awards and Nominations
- Poehler has 20 Primetime Emmy nominations for her work on Saturday Night Live and Parks and Recreation.
- In 2016, she received her first Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her work as a co-host on Saturday Night Live with Tina Fey.
- Poehler has also been nominated for two Daytime Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, and three Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- For her book Yes Please, she was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album.
- Poehler also won Best Actress — Television Series Musical or Comedy in 2013 for her work in Parks and Recreation.
Amy has been in this business for a long time and working since forever. As of 2021, Amy’s Net Worth is estimated to be $25 million.
From working from Saturday Night Live to movies and then producing directing series. She has done it all. Along with that she even published her book called Yes Please.
Amy Poehler and her sons live in a home in Beverly Hills. She paid her ex-husband Will Arnett $6.49 million to buy him out of two condo units in New York City’s West Village.
Social Media Presence
This amazing persona, wonder of talents is not so active on social medial. Although she created a page with her friend Meredith Walker named @amypoehlersmartgirls which has followers of
Instagram– 1 million followers
Twitter– 257k followers